2010 College Baseball Thread

WatsonTiger

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight. I'm loony for suggesting that LSU could run the table, when they don't play anyone of consequence in the regular season. I see how it is.

Yes, because the Crux of your argument is that teams like Kansas, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky are of "no consequence" when each of these teams has been/or will be ranked in the Top 25 when LSU plays them.

It's also ignoring historically good teams like Pepperdine, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Tulane.

So let me get this straight. I'm loony for suggesting that LSU could run the table, when they don't play anyone of consequence in the regular season. I see how it is.

Yes, because the Crux of your argument is that teams like Kansas, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky are of "no consequence" when each of these teams has been/or will be ranked in the Top 25 when LSU plays them.

It's also ignoring historically good teams like Pepperdine, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Tulane.

No to mention ITS BASEBALL!!!!! As I said before all it takes is one opposing pitcher to have a good game, or one reliever to have a meltdown and its over!

Completely stoked for this weekend, the High School that I announce for the athletic program, has had thier women's basketball team make it to the 3A State Championship, and they play the game at the Smith Center on the Campus of Carolina. It's given me the opportunity to go up early on saturday with the Varsity Baseball team to watch Carolina vs. Duke at Boshemer, my first Heels baseball game actually at Carolina...:D

Edit: Correction, the game is actually at Duke...eh, gear grinder...:lol:

Appalachian is 10-0 going into a tough weekend stretch playing Auburn once and at Georgia Southern thrice. Hopefully we can escape (realistically) 2-2.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Appalachian is 10-0 going into a tough weekend stretch playing Auburn once and at Georgia Southern thrice. Hopefully we can escape (realistically) 2-2.

That Auburn game isn't happening. It's been raining pretty heavily all morning and it's expected to pick up again around first pitch time. I don't know when (or if) they will reschedule.

Kansas fans talking ish...

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2010/3/11/1368061/kansas-jayhawk-baseball-to-face#storyjump

Wait, the guy is bashing LSU and the rest of the SEC for playing too many games at home against lesser D-I NCAA opponents but he finds it perfectly OK that Kansas played 2 games this week against NAIA schools?

Credibility = 0

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2010/3/11/1368061/kansas-jayhawk-baseball-to-face#storyjump

Wait, the guy is bashing LSU and the rest of the SEC for playing too many games at home against lesser D-I NCAA opponents but he finds it perfectly OK that Kansas played 2 games this week against NAIA schools?

Credibility = 0

If you are more worried about this than your "Junior Paper', then I now realize the lack of results based on education dollars in Louisiana for the past decade.

Credibility = 0

If you are more worried about this than your "Junior Paper', then I now realize the lack of results based on education dollars in Louisiana for the past decade.

I'm sorry.

The gall of me reading an article on the internet and expressing my opinion over it. I feel like such a mother:censored:er. That's what we say down here because we're stupid.

Any other stereotypes you want to throw at me?

I'm a huge fan of Tech beesball. There's a game going on (ACC opener) vs Wake Forest down the street from me, but it was postponed 4 hours due to weather, and I'm not totally sure of the score.

Currently:

#4 Georgia Tech

10-1 (0-0)

Last time I checked the score was WF:1, GT:6.

GO JACKETS!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I'm a huge fan of Tech beesball. There's a game going on (ACC opener) vs Wake Forest down the street from me, but it was postponed 4 hours due to weather, and I'm not totally sure of the score.

Currently:

#4 Georgia Tech

10-1 (0-0)

GO JACKETS!

And that one loss was a fluke to Xavier's baseball team, and team with only one win on the season. Normally I wouldn't care about anything to do with Xavier, but my friend was named their fifth starter this year, as a true freshman. I thought it was pretty neat.

Well, let me say this.

It WAS 11-3. final was 11-9 with the tying run on. I'm damn proud of this team for not quitting and fighting back. It was a failed experiment at third, we had young pitching, and overall it just wasn't our night.

Currently:

#4 Georgia Tech

10-1 (0-0)

GO JACKETS!

And that one loss was a fluke to Xavier's baseball team, and team with only one win on the season. Normally I wouldn't care about anything to do with Xavier, but my friend was named their fifth starter this year, as a true freshman. I thought it was pretty neat.

That is cool... it's fun to know people who could be somewhat "famous" in the future. Anyway, we ended up winning 9-1 tonight :)

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

That Auburn game isn't happening. It's been raining pretty heavily all morning and it's expected to pick up again around first pitch time. I don't know when (or if) they will reschedule.

I'd be willing to bet they don't. I've heard through the grape vine that we will reschedule with UNC-Asheville or Gardner Webb... not exactly anything that's gonna help our RPI down the road.

We're beating GSU 1-0 going into the bottom of the 5th...hopefully we can hold on.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

things i know from 7 innings

-WE NEED RAUNADO. RIGHT NOW.

-Grant Dozar Sucks (4 Errors)

- :censored: happens.

11-4 KU.

Now when LSU wins the national championship Willmorris will say that it didn't mean anything because the Tigers didn't go undefeated.

PvO6ZWJ.png

things i know from 7 innings

-WE NEED RAUNADO. RIGHT NOW.

-Grant Dozar Sucks (4 Errors)

- :censored: happens.

11-4 KU.

Now when LSU wins the national championship Willmorris will say that it didn't mean anything because the Tigers didn't go undefeated.

That was the master plan.

LSU, Blake Dean rather; 4, Kay U; 2

Archived