2010 College Baseball Thread

WatsonTiger

OK, so LSU is undefeated, and one of their fans is casting doubt on the idea that they will go undefeated. That's not being much of a fan, you know.

This one takes the cake on dumb comments you've made.
A true fan of one of the best teams should expect his team to win every game.

No, really not. You may have a point in other sports(not much of one though), but not college baseball.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, so LSU is undefeated, and one of their fans is casting doubt on the idea that they will go undefeated. That's not being much of a fan, you know.
No, really not. You may have a point in other sports(not much of one though), but not college baseball.
But with a team as dominant as LSU is this year, they should be expected to win every game they play - there is no team out there that can stop them, and we all know it.

LvZYtbZ.png

But with a team as dominant as LSU is this year, they should be expected to win every game they play - there is no team out there that can stop them, and we all know it.

You can expect them to win most games, but you can't expect them to go undefeated, especially in a sprt like college baseball.

You can expect them to win most games, but you can't expect them to go undefeated, especially in a sprt like college baseball.

Kneecap, please stop, you're only going to go into an endless cycle. Same guy who thinks that if the Fighting Irish loses one game, it's a dissapointment. Same guy who says a team should go 40-0 in NCAA Basketball.

Kneecap, please stop, you're only going to go into an endless cycle. Same guy who thinks that if the Fighting Irish loses one game, it's a dissapointment. Same guy who says a team should go 40-0 in NCAA Basketball.

Oh believe me I know, but this is easily the most rediculous one I've seen from him

Oh believe me I know, but this is easily the most rediculous one I've seen from him

Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, etc. Those are all teams that could and probably will "stop" LSU this year.

Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, etc. Those are all teams that could and probably will "stop" LSU this year.

Its baseball, they could run into a team who pitcher has the game of his life and shuts them down, this argument is crazy.

Pepperdine, 1; LSU, 8

We SHOULD (emphasis for will) win all those series except for Arky/Ole Miss. I'm worried about them. PM has never been great against either. On the other hand, I love watching UF fold against us.

Mark my words, somebody is going undefeated this year. I don't care that it's only happened one other time. It's due!

Right. You're a looney.

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

Mark my words, somebody is going undefeated this year. I don't care that it's only happened one other time. It's due!

Yeah, I'm gonna take the don't pass

LSU beats Brown in a real bona-fide barnburner, 13-7

I heard UVA lost to some direction school. I like this.

UVA lost to Wright State.

Damndest thing at the Auburn game last night. Tigers were down 9-5 heading into the bottom of the 7th. Miami (OH) sent in their best pitcher (who had yet to allow a hit in 4 appearences) and Auburn absolutely shelled the kid. The Miami (OH) coach just left the guy in there to get tagged. He faced 10 batters, gave up 6 ER. Seriously though, the coach just left the poor kid in to rot. Everyone in the stands was just groaning to pull the kid. Ugly baseball at its finest.

LSU holds off a strong effort from Bywater, beats Pepperdine 3-2

UVA lost to Wright State.

Damndest thing at the Auburn game last night. Tigers were down 9-5 heading into the bottom of the 7th. Miami (OH) sent in their best pitcher (who had yet to allow a hit in 4 appearences) and Auburn absolutely shelled the kid. The Miami (OH) coach just left the guy in there to get tagged. He faced 10 batters, gave up 6 ER. Seriously though, the coach just left the poor kid in to rot. Everyone in the stands was just groaning to pull the kid. Ugly baseball at its finest.

That happens a lot down here. I guess some of the coaches aren't as into it as they should be.

Pretty Cool stats:

LSU has won 17 straight home games dating back to last season, and the Tigers have won 26 of their last 28 games overall, dating back to last year's SEC Tourney. LSU has a 93-20 mark since April 22, 2008 posting a .823 win percent. LSU's record the past 3 years is 109-38-2, with a .731 win Percent.

And it all stems from a Tie game vs. UGA 3 years ago

2010 College Baseball Thread a.k.a. "WatsonTiger's LSU gameday"

Pretty Much. I wasn't expecting us to sweep the entire mini tournament. That just made me even more excited about this season.

a.k.a. "Everyone else will show up once we hit Omaha"

yup.

Archived