My Concept Football League (MLF)

hugevolsfan

I have been working on this for a while now. In my younger years I used to make up football teams for my GI Joes to play. I enventually started calling this league Major League Football. I am not the best artist by any means & have just gotten Photoshop Elements about four months ago. I am starting with the League Logo which I have had the most trouble developing. Here is the logo. C & C

Here is the team names. I have most of them done but will probably do them randomly.MLFLogos.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome, I'm glad to see another original team series. I also have my own league, and lemme tell ya, making a league logo is also very difficult for me as well because you're looking for a great way to represent your league. Looking foward to the series!

This is awesome, I'm glad to see another original team series. I also have my own league, and lemme tell ya, making a league logo is also very difficult for me as well because you're looking for a great way to represent your league. Looking foward to the series!

One quick suggestion. You have green bay in your league. Why? Is it a realistic market for a new league or are you basing your league too much on the NFL? Think about your mental image of the league. Is it an upstart rival to the NFL or is it a fantasy alternate league in a world where the NFL never existed. Once you have this decided you can better decide where to place franchises.

One quick suggestion. You have green bay in your league. Why? Is it a realistic market for a new league or are you basing your league too much on the NFL? Think about your mental image of the league. Is it an upstart rival to the NFL or is it a fantasy alternate league in a world where the NFL never existed. Once you have this decided you can better decide where to place franchises.

These teams are pretty set. This is a league were the NFL does not exist. Most of these teams are from when I was a kid. I thought about not including Green Bay but chose to do so.

These teams are pretty set. This is a league were the NFL does not exist. Most of these teams are from when I was a kid. I thought about not including Green Bay but chose to do so.

You could do what Any Given Sunday did and have a team in Wisconsin, but just not give the location.

First up Baltimore Bombers.

Have used some influences from the failed expansion team. No pants for the uniform but have used my own realistic template that is not quite complete.

Thanks to Davidson for all of his tutorials on templates for both the helmets & Jersey. Baltimore Mustangs & Stars were some original names for this team.

BaltimoreLogo.png

C & C

I'm liking this so far but my only suggestion is to incorporate the darker blue into the secondary. I love the primary logo, I would by anything with that on it. Great job!

Awesome job, can't wait to see the rest of these. I agree with the poster before me about the darker blue, I think your other colors may stand out more.

Also agree about the primary logo, that would look sweet on a dark blue polo.

GoldenGophers.pngTwins.pngNavy.pngVikings2.png

Just for you Brave Bird I added the pants. Not real happy with the template but it works. Also I added some dark blue on the secondary. Next up will be LA Stars which moved to LA from Baltimore in my mind.... Also can someone tell me how to update a post so you can tell I updated it. Like added Baltimore Bombers Update!!! C & C

BaltimoreLogo-1.png

I like the pants because they look very original. Also I don't think the B on the pants is necessary. Pretty god overall. One nitpick though, on the away jersey the script has an orange outline and it isn't listed the script section.

First up Baltimore Bombers.

Have used some influences from the failed expansion team. No pants for the uniform but have used my own realistic template that is not quite complete.

Thanks to Davidson for all of his tutorials on templates for both the helmets & Jersey. Baltimore Mustangs & Stars were some original names for this team.

BaltimoreLogo.png

C & C

Not sure why a new team starting from scratch would design a uniform that doesn't really fit the modern template. Specifically, I'm not sure taht a team would use shoulder stripes like that when they would just be cut off half way. I could see a team that has always had them and doesn't want to give them up (not matter how silly they look), but I can't imagine a team starting from scratch going in that direction.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Real, solid concept for the Bombers. I think your logos could use some work, but the uniforms for them are awesome. Those pant stripes are pretty original, but I think they're too big and bulky, and prolly wouldn't look the way you want them to on the field.

Looking foward to the next one.

Here is the first batch of stuff. Thanks to the people who edited parts of these templates before me. -generic template (basic Reebok/universal college jersey cut, with 32 nfl logos, manufactuer logos)generic template- nike #1 template (ie Kentucky, Miami, VT)nike template- pro combat template (self explanatory)pro combat***I'll upload more jersey cuts as I get them done. If anyone uses this on inkscape and has questions about how to do things/about the templates and logos, feel free to ask.Here is a completed renderingFalconsHome.png

I would use these templates, I think it would definitely improve your concept because I think people should do a design then a more realistic like the one you have now.

Archived