Sneak Peak at the new Utah Jazz Jerseys?

dahlelama

On the twitpic. Does anybody else see what appears to be 3 stripes in the middle of the pic? its very feint but its def there. Know this is a crazy idea, but maybe this is a b&w and thats part of a micro-printed logo(note?) on the uni? Just throwing that out there. Also, i'm a noob. How do yah add a sig? lol

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Prediction: at least two teams will revert to "classic" logos in the 2011 offseason (my money is on the Kings and the Bucks) and we'll probably see at least a handful of teams change by the time this bandwagon reaches the end of the line. I'm sure the league wouldn't complain because most of these logos are free from the hip hop/grafitti influence that crept into so many of the 90s/2000s re-brands... seeing as how they can't toss hip hop under a bus quick enough these days.

So are they wearing the green throwbacks as their road jersey in the playoffs? Seems odd to promote/sell all green and gold and then play in double blue. Guess they don't have a choice at home. Will the crowd be given green shirts on every seat like they were light blue a couple years back?

And what happened to the sneak preview at the final home game?

Prediction: at least two teams will revert to "classic" logos in the 2011 offseason (my money is on the Kings and the Bucks) and we'll probably see at least a handful of teams change by the time this bandwagon reaches the end of the line. I'm sure the league wouldn't complain because most of these logos are free from the hip hop/grafitti influence that crept into so many of the 90s/2000s re-brands... seeing as how they can't toss hip hop under a bus quick enough these days.

The 76ers' mascot should be thrown under a bus, yes, but where's the graffiti influence in '90s redesigns?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The 76ers' mascot should be thrown under a bus, yes, but where's the graffiti influence in '90s redesigns?

I can kinda see it in that brief fascination with angular curves and gradients. The pre-Iverson Sixers and the late-'90s Cavs come to mind. I could see how those styles could evoke scripts and airbrush styles often found in graffiti. Even then, seems like a bit of a reach.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I only considered the bad mid-'90s Cavs design to be representative of bad mid-'90s design in general, though I guess graffiti was an element of that (as was new use and abuse of computer programs).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

An update concerning the new (old) Jazz identity... check the nba store main page, every playoff team has the team jersey and a t-shirt displayed, here's the shirt the jazz are showing...

http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p7424956dt.jpg

I?ve said this for months now; I?d love it if the Jazz embraced their past and went to a green and yellow retro logo! If you're going to do it though, bring back the true original note instead of the cheap current one!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

they need to do an updated version of the music note logo.

just reverting and going with some "old school" uniform design is a bad idea to me.

Why is that such a bad idea if the product sells? Seems to me like it would be a good sound business decision for the Miller Family, considering how every Jazz fan yearns for the old look!

just reverting and going with some "old school" uniform design is a bad idea to me.

Why is that such a bad idea if the product sells? Seems to me like it would be a good sound business decision for the Miller Family, considering how every Jazz fan yearns for the old look!

I actually would agree with the idea of modernizing the old logo. I think if they do a modernization in the same vein of the new Seahawks or Cardinals logos it could be phenomenal. I find it hard to believe that the older versions of the Seahawks or Cardinals logos are better than what they have now. Perfect examples of how tweaking an already recognizable older logo can work quite nicely. I wish the Falcons had done that instead of over modernizing it and making it look like crap.

I actually would agree with the idea of modernizing the old logo. I think if they do a modernization in the same vein of the new Seahawks or Cardinals logos it could be phenomenal. I find it hard to believe that the older versions of the Seahawks or Cardinals logos are better than what they have now. Perfect examples of how tweaking an already recognizable older logo can work quite nicely. I wish the Falcons had done that instead of over modernizing it and making it look like crap.

Oh I agree, but I?m yet to see a concept that really sales me on it, so I doubt the Jazz are ahead of the curve in that aspect.

There was a topic months and months ago that went over how teams are penalized $700,00 - $900,000 if they bring in new logos that aren?t already part of their identity package or something like that. Does anybody remember what topic that was discussed in?

There was a topic months and months ago that went over how teams are penalized $700,00 - $900,000 if they bring in new logos that aren?t already part of their identity package or something like that. Does anybody remember what topic that was discussed in?

That's been discussed a lot...

Seems like teams are changing logos a little bit more now, with the Sixers, and now rumors of the Clippers and Jazz - perhaps he are past the frustrating 'recolored logo' era - maybe the rule was changed?

That's been discussed a lot...

Mind referring me to a thread where it was discussed in detail? I can remember being involved in one of the discussions months ago but I can?t remember what thread it took place in.

Thanks!

Archived