Winnipeg Jets

kiwi_canadian

Well these Winnipeg Jets rumors just don't seem to want to die out. As was being discussed in the other thread about next season's NHL changes, Ice_Cap gave me an idea of what the Jets should look like if they return to the NHL. So by his suggestion, I took the 1979-1990 Jets jersey and put their 1991-1996 crest on the front, then "Edged" it. I also through in a 3rd for good measure. I went with a throwback to the 1979 jersey in which they won the last Avco World Cup.

WinnipegJets.png

Glad I could inspire someone.

The home and road look great. Even though it's a mix-and-match with two old designs it would fit right in with today's NHL (and be one of the better looking uniforms as well). Like charger, I would definitely buy one.

The one thing I'm not feeling, though, is the alternate. It has a little to much of an Oilers vibe, which is something a Winnipeg team would look to avoid.

Pretty much agree with all that Ice Cap has to say. the mix and match is not a problem because you took the better logo and the better jersey. And I agree about the Oiler-ness of the ALT. Further, (and plenty of teams are guilty of this), I'd rather not see a different logo like that on any jersey. I'd rather teams pick one identity. However, what you done, once you remove the "Oilerness" is in line with what a new Winnipeg Jets would do.

The primaries are beautiful and if I was into buying expensive jerseys, I'd get one too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the alternate. Only as an alternate though. If the Jets were to ever come back I would like to see a completely new design for the home and road jerseys. I agree with all above about that logo though, it's still great.

Merci for the comments. I have to respectfully disagree with all of the comments about the alternate. I do agree that it does look Oilers-ish, however, what I was going for was a throw back jersey (Edged) of the 1979 Avco World Cup winners, the last winners of that cup actually. So like I said, I agree with the Oilers look, but it's what the jersey looked like back in 1979. Anyways, the quick update with one "Goals for Kids" patch instead of the 2.

WinnipegJets-1.png

Here's the 1979 uniforms for reference:

Jets6.gif

(from whauniforms.com or course)

Personally, I don't think its Oilerish at all. When I first saw the 3rd I only thought of that WHAera jersey that you posted.

I'd be happy if Phoenix wore that jersey as a one time deal kinda like the "Christmas" Devils jersey.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Personally, I don't think its Oilerish at all. When I first saw the 3rd I only thought of that WHAera jersey that you posted.

I'd be happy if Phoenix wore that jersey as a one time deal kinda like the "Christmas" Devils jersey.

-Dan

Same as me. It really doesn't look Oiler-ish at all. But, like I said before you're concept looks great. :)

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

WinnipegJets.png

OH man these jerseys are really crisp and very nicely done!!!! However I would suggest for that dark jersey the home one jersey where the Jets crest is, put a thin outline around that logo to somehow offset the clash on the blue side of the jersey, if ya know what I mean by that... that would be ideal and I would snap that jersey up in a hurry if it ever was the real one!! Really nice work of these jerseys, man...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Nice concept. Very sharp, very clean and such simple colours working so well.

I too would love to see a team back in Winnipeg ... but is it at all likely? We don't see all of the gossip here in Australia, but it seems like a long-shot right?

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Nice concept. Very sharp, very clean and such simple colours working so well.

I too would love to see a team back in Winnipeg ... but is it at all likely? We don't see all of the gossip here in Australia, but it seems like a long-shot right?

Well the NHL's handpicked ownership group to buy the Coyotes doesn't have any actual money, and no other "committed to Phoenix" owners exist at the present time. Meanwhile someone who does have money, David Thomson, owner of CTV, is manoeuvring to buy the team and move them back to Winnipeg. So it's not that much of a long-shot.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=72554&st=0

That and in the article that I did read on The Hockey news website did say that the NHL has Thomson lined up as the backup if this Ice Edge group does (and will most likely) fall through. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's not an "if" matter anymore but a "when" and from what was said in the article, it could happen as early as next season.

What I find really interesting is that I myself live here in Phoenix. And there is nothing mentioned except for IceEdge buying the Coyotes. All the article's that everyone ever talks about are from Canada. Only rumors I hear are from all of you from Canada or big time hockey fans. Nothing is ever written here in Phoenix or anywhere in a American article's....... So, from someone who lives here in Az, the Coyotes are here to stay. Even the City of Glendale is going to rework the lease to make it possible for IceEdge to buy the Coyotes with a agreement that is long term......... For my own sake, I hope its all rumors, but from what I do read on this site. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Would I be pissed if they moved, YES...... But it would not surprise me.

By the way, these are some great uni's you have drawn up.... I would love to see the Yote's do a retro night with these. Keep up the good work.

Archived