Wafflebowl Ii

Waffles

WaffleBowl II: The X-Line Challenge

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

• Pick a MLB, NBA or NFL team (or an NHL/NCAA team that doesn't have an X-Line logo - for reference as to who has one already and who doesn't, go here)
  • Make a Zephyr-esque X-Line logo for said team (one entry per entrant).
  • Post it here by April 28th.

Sounds easy enough, right? Good luck and happy, err, logoing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

And he just ate a St. Patrick's day cupcake.

Very cool logo. Looks very x-line. It would fit in well. The small details should be tones down a bit, the real x-lines dont have so much detail.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Oh, i knew what you were going for, and you did a pretty good job. I was just going along with hrivnaks joke.

Seriously, I like it, but think that if you cleaned up some of the smaller lines and details, this would look a lot more like a real x-line.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Very nice, CityOfWalrus, looks like a cross between the X-Lines for Texas AM, San Diego State, Louisiana Monroe, and Fuego Mountain.

One suggestion... X-Lines tend to have very consistently, thick outlines. I'd suggest trying that with yours.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I love that logo. Very new edge, very X-line. Anyone else notice that this has turned more into a "Worship Walrus" thread than any sort of competition? Then again, I haven't really helped that cause here, have I now.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm at a point where I am happy with this. I tried to emulate the X-line style as best as I could. Even threw in a retro option for kicks. Here are your X-line Milwaukee Bux.

Bux.gif

This will be my last concept for a bit as I will be taking a sabbatical from the boards. I'll pop in now and then to see how you are all doing. Enjoy!

Archived