Final Four Jerseys

PhlyBoy

Of course, it goes without saying that come next year Butler will have new uniforms with a nice shiny silver disc on the collars, as by making the Final Four, they're now Nike Elite.

VmWIn6B.png

What's the rule on who is and who isn't 'Nike Elite'?

West Virginia's a Nike school with a Final Four in their back pocket (1959), yet they don't sport the silver disc on their collar.

6uXNWAo.png

Of course, it goes without saying that come next year Butler will have new uniforms with a nice shiny silver disc on the collars, as by making the Final Four, they're now Nike Elite.

Only if they have a contract with Nike. Some schools just buy Nike uniforms. For example, George Mason wore Nike uniforms when they went to the Final Four, but they aren't a Nike Elite school because they didn't have a contract with Nike, they purchase Nike uniforms on their own.

What's the rule on who is and who isn't 'Nike Elite'?

West Virginia's a Nike school with a Final Four in their back pocket, yet they don't sport the silver disc on their collar.

In order to be a Nike Elite school you have to go to a Final Four while having a contract with Nike. It doesn't matter if you went to a Final Four before becoming a Nike school.

Butler is going to be the home team because they have a better record than MSU

Interesting! I thought it would go by seeding and since they are both five seeds it would to higher rated 5 seed.

So much for that.... Butler in their roads. Michigan State in white.

6uXNWAo.png

alright thank you very much. should be a crazy atmosphere during the Butler game tonight

The Final Four is never crazy. They do not serve alcohol, so it should sound loud before the under-12 time out, then people realize that they cannot drink anymore and it becomes very sterile and sedate.

alright thank you very much. should be a crazy atmosphere during the Butler game tonight

The Final Four is never crazy. They do not serve alcohol, so it should sound loud before the under-12 time out, then people realize that they cannot drink anymore and it becomes very sterile and sedate.

What are the NCAA rules about selling beer? They forbid it all over the place but the Carrier Dome always sold beer during Syracuse football and basketball games.

1zgyd8w.jpg

What are the NCAA rules about selling beer? They forbid it all over the place but the Carrier Dome always sold beer during Syracuse football and basketball games.

It's the university's decision whether to sell beer or not for regular-season games, but the NCAA makes the rules for their events [source]. To the best of my knowledge, there was no beer at the Carrier Dome for the regional games just held there.

This is an NCAA event, therefore no alcohol is sold. If you have a suite, you are told by the arena operator when you have to stock your suite, generally 72 hours before the start of the first game.

What a school does at their home own games is up to them. Syracuse has a liquor license through their Department of Student Affairs for Carrier Dome to sell during their own games. The number of on-campus facilities which sell alcohol for football can be counted on your two hands as most conferences have rules in place to deter in-stadium consumption. The WAC put their in place for football in 2007. Before then, you could drink at a Fresno State game in the stands.

During the regular season the NCAA leaves that decision up to the schools and conferences. I have season tickets for Illinois football and the Big Ten has a ban on alcohol sales at all on campus sporting events. There are a few exceptions. I know you can buy a beer at Illinois football games for about $10 if you're in one of the new suites they built at Memorial Stadium. I may be wrong but I think you can buy beer at the Big Ten Tournament for basketball since it's not on campus. I've been to Saint Louis University basketball games at the Savvis Center and they serve beer there.

This ban on beer must be something new to the NCAA Tournament because I know I slammed a beer at the '02 Tourney when it was held at The Pit in Albuquerque -- or maybe it was just a skunky Mountain Dew. :P

6uXNWAo.png

This ban on beer must be something new to the NCAA Tournament because I know I slammed a beer at the '02 Tourney when it was held at The Pit in Albuquerque -- or maybe it was just a skunky Mountain Dew. :P

To quote Spalding Smails: Before the game..."You're probably high already and you don't even know it."

Believe me, I have been to NCAA games since 1992 in both on and off-campus venues (including two Final Fours), there is no booze unless you are in a suite. My early years, I as the DD since I was the teen.

Back to uniform talk, will WVU wear gold tonight since they could be used as both home and away? Thoughts?

Interesting! I thought it would go by seeding and since they are both five seeds it would to higher rated 5 seed.

Unless they assign them secret overall seeds to which we're not privy, they probably flipped a coin for home team. Media/coaches/RPI rankings wouldn't officially factor into that.

Unless they assign them secret overall seeds to which we're not privy, they probably flipped a coin for home team. Media/coaches/RPI rankings wouldn't officially factor into that.

They do, the teams are actually seeded 1-65 and are placed in brackets using an S-curve, where the #4 1-seed ends up with the #1 2-seed in the same region and so on. .

They do, the teams are actually seeded 1-65 and are placed in brackets using an S-curve, where the #4 1-seed ends up with the #1 2-seed in the same region and so on. .

Why did the weakest #1 seed, Duke, end up with the weakest #2 seed, Villanova, in their bracket?

IUe6Hvh.png

Why did the weakest #1 seed, Duke, end up with the weakest #2 seed, Villanova, in their bracket?

I had the weakest #1 going in as Syracuse....

6uXNWAo.png

Archived