The best Vancouver uniform Generation

kiwi_canadian

I love the blue and green color scheme, so I'm partial to the original set and the current one. I don't mind the Orca crest, but hate that they slapped "VANCOUVER" above it.

Replace the orca with Johnny Canuck (not the decapitated version), and it's a near-perfect scheme for Vancouver.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the blue and green color scheme, so I'm partial to the original set and the current one. I don't mind the Orca crest, but hate that they slapped "VANCOUVER" above it.

Replace the orca with Johnny Canuck (not the decapitated version), and it's a near-perfect scheme for Vancouver.

I agree with you 100%. Keep the colors, replace Orca w/Johnny Canuck and done!

I don't know why this guy isn't their logo

Johnny_Canuck.png

If they took the current set, removed the arching Vancouver, made their striping consistent throughout the uniform, and replaced the whale this Johnny then it would be one of the best sets in the league. Also, their number font needs work.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the Canucks need to pick something and stick with it for a long time. They don't have an identity right now. So the question is, would the skating Johnny logo have staying power? Or would people tire of it quickly? I know nothing about that logo and am sure I'd never have seen it if not for these boards--is it official or just designed here? Either way, I just think it may get outdated in a hurry. And they need to establish something for the long haul.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the Canucks need to pick something and stick with it for a long time. They don't have an identity right now. So the question is, would the skating Johnny logo have staying power? Or would people tire of it quickly? I know nothing about that logo and am sure I'd never have seen it if not for these boards--is it official or just designed here? Either way, I just think it may get outdated in a hurry. And they need to establish something for the long haul.

It was the logo for the Vancouver Canucks from their PCHL and WHL days, and the version McCarthy posted is an official alternate for the team. So it is official, and it does have a good deal of history behind it. Plus, unlike every primary the NHL incarnation of the Canucks have used, it actually ties into the nickname.

I know it's not the most reliable source, but here's the Wiki article....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Canucks_%28WHL%29

It was the logo for the Vancouver Canucks from their PCHL and WHL days, and the version McCarthy posted is an official alternate for the team. So it is official, and it does have a good deal of history behind it. Plus, unlike every primary the NHL incarnation of the Canucks have used, it actually ties into the nickname.

I know it's not the most reliable source, but here's the Wiki article....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Canucks_%28WHL%29

That's helpful. While I appreciate the historical nod, I think it's possible that putting Johnny on the jersey for an overhaul of the primary sooner rather than later. But that's just my gut and I don't really know.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it, given how much I (1) like throwback uniforms and (2) like almost all the Canucks' previous looks (including the huge "V" jerseys), but I think their best look is the one they currently have. People may knock their current crest as having too much of a corporate tie-in (Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment), but it's the logo that most represents the City of Vancouver and the Pacific Northwest. Same with the colors of blue and green -- much more representative than black, gold and red/orange or navy blue, maroon and silver. And the arched "Vancouver" pays homage to the old-time jerseys pictured earlier in this thread. Keep the modern stick-in-rink and Johnny Canuck "V" as alternate logos, but I say keep the current look.

burepavelVAN016.jpg

Pure Awesome.

I love those uniforms. Nice simple design with a cool color scheme.

That said, I give the edge to their current uniforms. We already have a red, black, and yellow team in Calgary, so the blue and green is a good look there. Not a huge fan of the logo or the huge "VANCOUVER" they threw above it, but overall it's their best look.

I'm not a fan of the canucks by any measure of the word.

But i can say your organization finally did something right by going back to Blue, White, and Green.

They look friggin' classic, and it pains me to see the Canucks looking good when i hate them so much.

5amlwx.jpg

I like the 90's jerseys the best. I'd love to see those colours with the full Johnny Canuck logo and possibly some red/black/yellow plaid on the alt.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm not a fan of the canucks by any measure of the word.

But i can say your organization finally did something right by going back to Blue, White, and Green.

They look friggin' classic, and it pains me to see the Canucks looking good when i hate them so much.

There's a Canucks/Stars rivalry?

Archived