NCAA Tourney Expanding to 68

Cujo

Not the direction I was hoping for, but I'll live with it. Three more mediocre teams get in and six more conference champs have to "play in".

64 works. There's no need for more at large. In a way, this is less defensible than 96. At 96, they can say "we just want everyone in." What's the rationale here? Oh well, the result is better.

Any chance it will stay at 68 for long? I tend to doubt it.

I do like that all games will be shown live, but they can do that with 64.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What is TruTV?

Used to be CourtTV here in America until they turned it into a more reality-based channel. Well, they just show less court stuff & more "OMGAWD AMERICA'S WILDEST POLICE CHASES WTF!!!!" shows.

Either way, it's surprising that they're going to be showing basketball games on this channel now.

What is TruTV?

Used to be CourtTV here in America until they turned it into a more reality-based channel. Well, they just show less court stuff & more "OMGAWD AMERICA'S WILDEST POLICE CHASES WTF!!!!" shows.

Either way, it's surprising that they're going to be showing basketball games on this channel now.

Interesting...Hopefully it turns out better than CityTV's failed attempt at Blue Jays baseball :blink:

1zqy8ok.gif

What is TruTV?

It's also a channel we don't get on basic cable.

Couldn't they have used Headline News instead? The programming on that channel is just as worthless.

6uXNWAo.png

I hope they use all CBS graphics and crews.

Graphics = yes

Crews = yes with a couple of Turner crews probably

However, they should keep the same music, too.

Also, I have Directv. I guess that Mega March Madness is probably done with all four games shown. They should have a free channel that shows all four games at once, a la Masters, French Open, Wimbleton, etc.

Let's just skip the regular season and go straight to a 200 team tournament!

With each round being a best of seven so that the tournament begins in October and ends in April.

I always thought if they ever go that route they should do it like the FA Cup and similar competitions in soccer; i.e. play the early rounds concurrently with the regular season, which would then be pretty much reduced to conference play.

As it is, of course, this development also means that (1) the NIT should survive, albeit watered down as it loses its three best would-be invites, and (2) there will be no end to the "69" jokes vis-à-vis the NIT winner.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived