cbs sports mystery graphic

troy_3223

I know there are probably hundreds of better places to get sports info, certainly hockey info, but I use CBS Sports because way back when it was Sportsline, it was a pretty cool sports website.

Anyhow, towards the bottom of the main NHL page, there's a link to "recent photos" which will actually take you to recent photos if you click on it. The thumbnail on the other hand, is not recent.

It has started to really bug me, partly because it's not a current thumbnail, but mostly because it looks like Sidney Crosby is taking on the Colorado Rockies or the Kansas City Scouts. Anyone have any light to shed on this oddity? Was there a one-off Colorado Avalanche-Rockies tribute jersey? Was there a preseason exhibition against a team with these jerseys? Someone on here has to know the story behind this pic.

100413_crosby.jpg

nhl94vansigpng.png

Oilers.....Rangers.....?

EDIT: Of course I meant Islanders. durrrrrr

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

After searching the interwebs, I found this picture:2890046646_ddc813b684.jpg

That is Djurgardens IF from the Elitserien... I believe they played a preseason game when Pittsburgh was in Stockholm for the season Premiere.

I don't know why I didn't think of the opener in Stockholm. I looked into it, and Pittsburgh played an exhibition game against Jokerit of the Finnish league in Helsinki. The Djurgardens jersey was close, but the numbers are red.

5223905_b5cc0d58b3.jpg?v=0

I think this is the jersey in the picture. Thanks to everyone for steering me in the right direction. I knew you guys wouldn't let me down.

nhl94vansigpng.png

That is Djurgardens IF from the Elitserien... I believe they played a preseason game when Pittsburgh was in Stockholm for the season Premiere.

The uniform in this picture is nowhere near to matching the one the OP posted... it is CLEARLY the Islanders, matches their colours, their striping pattern and font.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I honestly thought I saw two yellow stripes and one red stripe when I first looked at the OP's photo from a normal viewing distance, but yeah, on closer inspection, I have to agree that it's all orange and is likely the Islanders. It's just a trick of the arena lighting and the way the sleeve is bunched up around the elbow.

As a few have said, upon close inspection it's the Islanders with one big orange stripe. But before some one mentioned it, I too saw the thick red stripe with two thinner yellow stripes, so no shame in asking. The answer just isn't particularly exciting.

Apparently, it's quite exciting to Coast2Coast.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Come on, man. The jersey in the picture has orange. Those jerseys have red and yellow.

Trust us.

Buffalo+Sabres+v+New+York+Islanders+T4adAgG0V-Ml.jpg

:)

jackoff.gif

As a few have said, upon close inspection it's the Islanders with one big orange stripe. But before some one mentioned it, I too saw the thick red stripe with two thinner yellow stripes, so no shame in asking. The answer just isn't particularly exciting.

Apparently, it's quite exciting to Coast2Coast.

I lol'd so friggin' hard when I read this. :lol::lol::lol:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

That's one of the most hideous and unnecessary things i've ever seen. He looks like a NASCAR driver...which, in and of itself, is wrong.

That's one of the most hideous and unnecessary things i've ever seen. He looks like a NASCAR driver...which, in and of itself, is wrong.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this and thought NASCAR!

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

Come on, man. The jersey in the picture has orange. Those jerseys have red and yellow.

Trust us.

100413_crosby.jpg = Buffalo+Sabres+v+New+York+Islanders+T4adAgG0V-Ml.jpg

:)

It wasn't until I looked at these two pictures together that I realized it was in fact the Islanders. I stand corrected. (What a letdown)

nhl94vansigpng.png

Archived