Mercury Mets

ltjets21

And is it just me or are the Rockies the only team trending on a path to end up with the TATC uniform on time?

Doesn't seem like it would be too much of a jump to go from here:

Todd-Helton-Happy.jpg

to here:

rox.jpg

... especially when they were wearing the purple sleeves under those black vests.

Apologies for the bump, especially to quote my own post, but I didn't think anywhere else worked.

My wife, who pays no attention to uniforms and when I point out oddities often rolls her eyes, took one look at last night's Cubs-Rockies game on the TV and said, "What is that? Those Colorado uniforms are terrible."

I replied somewhat sarcastically with this thread in mind, "That's a glimpse of the future. All teams will wear those one day."

Then she classified them in a way I hadn't heard before: "They look like hillbillies. Like that guy we saw at the game with his armpit and boob hanging out of his T-shirt with the sleeves cut off." (No offense to anyone who can pull off that look or considers themselves a hillbilly. The man in question could not. Not sure how un-PC that term is.)

It didn't help that Tulowitzki was at-bat wearing a fairly loose vest with form-fitting sleeves underneath, but it will make me look at those vests in a different way from now on. (I didn't mind them much before, at least when worn "properly.")

EDIT: Not the best look at Tulo, but...

53794814.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived