Mercury Mets

ltjets21

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anywhere know where I can get a TATC Brewers hat? :P

I actually got one on eBay last year. Unfortunately, what was advertised as adjustable was actually a 7 1/8, four sizes too small for me. So back it went. I'd love to get my hands on one.

Ouch. That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

What are the chances MLB re-releases the jerseys (and the hates that were different from the primaries) as fashion jerseys/caps? It seems like an easy way to make a buck.

I know there are alot of mixed feelings about this promotion, but I kinda liked the idea. It was at least original. I just wish the Orioles did a better job. They had prehaps the worst set of partcipating teams.

The Phillies' was pretty awful too.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Great photos! I had never seen gameday photos of the A's jersey.

By any chance does anyone have:

1) Any Angel gameday photos during the A's game? (other than the one at GettyImages.com)

2) Any Mariners gameday photos during the Twins game?

3) Any Devil Rays gameday photos during the Royals game?

4) Any White Sox gameday photos?

5) Any Philles gameday photos?

Forget fashion jerseys. They need to do a full-out TATC promotion again this decade, with all teams (including the Yankees) involved. Seriously, it'd be awesome.

Why?

Every day is TATC day at Yankee Stadium.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's probably what the Yankees would say if the MLB ever tried to do a league-wide TATC event - therefore furthering their image of being too uptight to have any fun. Would it be that hard to give the pinstripes a futuristic look for one or two games? They didn't have a problem the past two years with following the Stars and Stripes promotions.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That's probably what the Yankees would say if the MLB ever tried to do a league-wide TATC event - therefore furthering their image of being too uptight to have any fun. Would it be that hard to give the pinstripes a futuristic look for one or two games? They didn't have a problem the past two years with following the Stars and Stripes promotions.

That's because their bloody moniker is an epithet for the patriotism that Stars and Stripes Day represents.

Seriously, TATC day wasn't about fun, but rather was about selling merchandise, and I won't call out any "traditional"-minded team if they see that their uniforms will remain static for the next few centuries.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

IMO, if they do a TATC event ever again, they should take a page from the original event, described in the Paul Lukas article earlier, and make all the ads look futuristic, make the players look like aliens in their pictures, make up some fake anniversary logos, etc. Then it would really be about fun.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

IMO, if they do a TATC event ever again, they should take a page from the original event, described in the Paul Lukas article earlier, and make all the ads look futuristic, make the players look like aliens in their pictures, make up some fake anniversary logos, etc. Then it would really be about fun.

The Mets can still honor their 1969 & 1986 World Series Championship Teams in the future:

Screenshot2010-05-09at121236AM.png

(And for any of you NOT familiar w/ Futurama, it takes place 1,000 years into the future, the joke here being that the Mets, even in the year 3000, still had only those 2 titles...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Anywhere know where I can get a TATC Brewers hat? :P

I actually got one on eBay last year. Unfortunately, what was advertised as adjustable was actually a 7 1/8, four sizes too small for me. So back it went. I'd love to get my hands on one.

Ouch. That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

What are the chances MLB re-releases the jerseys (and the hates that were different from the primaries) as fashion jerseys/caps? It seems like an easy way to make a buck.

Slim to none, unfortunately. I think the Century 21 TATC promotion is something swept under the rug by MLB, and is the sort of thing only dug up by the likes of us and Lukas. Maybe in 2021, maybe.

IMO, if they do a TATC event ever again, they should take a page from the original event, described in the Paul Lukas article earlier, and make all the ads look futuristic, make the players look like aliens in their pictures, make up some fake anniversary logos, etc. Then it would really be about fun

If they ever do a TATC event again, they should let each team design its own uniform, rather than slapping some template onto all of them. When the Mariners and Royals did the original TATC game, it was clear that each team had its own distinct idea of what "the future" would look like, and that made the whole thing so much better. A lot of the '99 TATC games just looked like Bad Fashion Jersey Showcase.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Agreed instead of all teams having those little sleeves some could go sleeveless, I think just putting a huge logo isn't original unless, you use a logo that isn't used like the rockies did.

How about they don't dress up as Robo-Cardinals in flying cars with alien mugshots because it's goddamn Major League Baseball and ought to be above silly Forced Fun like this. What a blemish it would be on the history of the game if Zach Greinke threw a perfect game in a dazzle-fabric vest with a robot on it. There's a time and place for progressive design in baseball, and it's not foisting a bunch of contrived slapdash FEW-CHOR jerseys on everyone. The whole thing just sounds like the end result of a night spent with Jolt Cola and a stack of Kraftwerk albums.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived