Mercury Mets

ltjets21

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cards were really the only team to have fun with the concept of a "futuristic" uniform with the robo-cardinals. Almost everyone else just slapped giant versions of their logos onto the jerseys.

I'm not sure at what point in the future we will kill off all of the birds and animals and replace them with scientifically engineered robotic versions. I would like to have been a fly on the wall in that board meeting when they were discussing what the future would be like. Shouldn't the players have all been robots too? Or at least move around the field like robots?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Cards were really the only team to have fun with the concept of a "futuristic" uniform with the robo-cardinals. Almost everyone else just slapped giant versions of their logos onto the jerseys.

I give the Twins and Brewers a lot of credit as well. The Twins tweaked their logo, giving it a NASA twist, and the Brewers introduced an updated version of a retro logo they hadn't worn in two decades.

TATC_06_19990724_Twins.jpgTATC_05_19990723_Brewers.jpg

But as for teams like the Red Sox and Giants, I'll agree.

Best line came from Steinbrenner - when asked why the Yankees didn't participate in the "Turn Ahead the Clock" promotion, he replied "We did." :D

The Mercury Mets TATC uniforms worked. Their relocation threat landed them a nice ballpark.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Best line came from Steinbrenner - when asked why the Yankees didn't participate in the "Turn Ahead the Clock" promotion, he replied "We did." :D

Further proving the elitism and arrogance of the Yankees. That quote just smacked of "we're just better than the rest of the league, we're too good to participate in league promotions."

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Further proving the elitism and arrogance of the Yankees. That quote just smacked of "we're just better than the rest of the league, we're too good to participate in league promotions."

Don't get me wrong. I'm a card carrying New York Yankees Hater*. But I found the line to be pretty funny. The Yankees have THE most iconic look in American professional sports. They didn't need to take part in a silly TATC promotion.

*sports hate that is

I give the Twins and Brewers a lot of credit as well. The Twins tweaked their logo, giving it a NASA twist, and the Brewers introduced an updated version of a retro logo they hadn't worn in two decades.

TATC_06_19990724_Twins.jpgTATC_05_19990723_Brewers.jpg

But as for teams like the Red Sox and Giants, I'll agree.

Completely forgot about the Twins and Brewers sets. Very creative/nice indeed.

Anywhere know where I can get a TATC Brewers hat? :P

Just because they have an iconic uniform doesn't mean they're automatically above having some fun for a couple games. Ironically, it probably would've helped the Yankees' brand to participate, because it would show that even though they've been wearing the same uniforms forever, they can still have fun for a couple games.

I would've loved to see the Yankees come out with some cool futuristic pinstripes.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Notice the sleeve patch?

What is it? Looks cool.

It's the A's white elephant alternate logo. But it looks like they added wings or something to it for these.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Just because they have an iconic uniform doesn't mean they're automatically above having some fun for a couple games.

That's exactly what it means.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just because they have an iconic uniform doesn't mean they're automatically above having some fun for a couple games.

That's exactly what it means.

Yeah, to people who are capable of logical thinking.

I've yet to find any game pictures of the navy Angels TAtC jerseys -- anyone here have any? I have a blank jersey I'd like to get lettered but I need a good reference picture.

Also, no mention in this thread of the navy Tigers jersey with the orange tail that wraps around the front and back. I've never seen the more traditional grey road TAtC jersey, I thought they were planning to wear the navy jerseys on the road in Boston (which was rained out and never rescheduled).

Notice the sleeve patch?

What is it? Looks cool.

It's the A's white elephant alternate logo. But it looks like they added wings or something to it for these.

Here's a better look:

OaklandAthletics_TATC_SL1_1999.png

As I mentioned earlier; I've got all of the vectors for these things...I'm still planning on getting them all "RGB-optimized" and posted later on.

...and for another teaser, here's the A's uniform:

OaklandAthleticsTATC_RUN_1999.png

One thing I should mention; tohasbo posted scans given to him by Paul Lukas...those scans were done by me from Paul's hardcopy, on my crappy POS scanner a couple of years ago...I wanted to take the blame for the bad quality of those images...but I hope to make up for them with better renditions...

I assume the Dodgers didn't partake in this? I know they had a short lived alternate uniform in 1999, but I don't think it was a TAtC alternate.

You are correct - the Dodgers abstained. As did the Yankees (as mentioned above), Cubs, Blue Jays, Reds, Expos, Rangers, and - unfortunately - Astros.

Archived