Mercury Mets

ltjets21

Wow the Tigers didn't even try. lol

Or... maybe they did.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the Tigers actually made an effort, unlike the Yankees (who said "we're already wearing our future uniforms" - kinda elitist, don't you think?) or the many other teams that simply refused to be in the promotion.

If a promotion goes against the values and principles of a team, why shouldn't they resist? I get that the other teams probably wanted a cut of the potential jersey sales that there would have been had they worn a TATC uniform, but I find it extremely difficult to fault the Yankees in this one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The first one they did with the Royals and Mariners was a genius idea. They put effort into that in terms of literally turning ahead the clock. It'd be cool if it happened again and was nationally televised this time around.

bSLCtu2.png

Wow the Tigers didn't even try. lol

Or... maybe they did.

Really, the Tigers probably would wear that in the "future" of that year ? the current design cut to the "future" template.

What's amazing to me is how little imagination some of the teams showed. The Mariners and Mets went above and beyond. The A's showed some imagination as well with the tweak in the script logo and the 3-D "A". And then there's the Braves, Indians and Angels, who just positioned their current logo differently.

It's especially bad in the case of the Angels, who seemed to be changing designs every 3-4 years around this time, to think that they'd still be using that logo and color scheme that far into the future. Yeah, this whole thing was about the money. But most of the teams participating were pretty lazy about it.

The last one I have:

TATC_19990722_19990918_Tigers.jpg

It's too bad MLB messed up Detroit's home jersey logo in these files. They used the cap "D" in these illustrations whereas the real uniforms the Tigers wore that day had the usual jersey "D". Also, the Tigers never wore the road version because, if I remember correctly, there was a problem getting the jerseys shipped to I think, Boston, because of some weather-related issue.

Anyone know any website that I can send my Jersey to and get an authentic font, for name and number.

If Exclusive Pro Sports in Rockford, IL can't do it, no one can.

Here's the back of my Twins game worn TATC in case you've never seen it before. The Twins, as shown in the previous graphic, wore red undershirts with a 60th Anniversary patch, which was a nice touch.

2931191370100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The last one I have:

TATC_19990722_19990918_Tigers.jpg

It's too bad MLB messed up Detroit's home jersey logo in these files. They used the cap "D" in these illustrations whereas the real uniforms the Tigers wore that day had the usual jersey "D". Also, the Tigers never wore the road version because, if I remember correctly, there was a problem getting the jerseys shipped to I think, Boston, because of some weather-related issue.

That is correct. They are still all posted up here anyways. Even the Red Sox ones.

Does anybody have the Mets front logo? Out of all the sigs you posted the Tigers Road and The Redsox were never worn.

Here is what was considered to be the Mercury Mets' primary logo:

NewYorkMets_TATC_PRM_1999.png

The Mets' logo and uniform graphics were the only ones that were presented as rasters...my theory is that these were put together in Photoshop rather than Illustrator - I don't believe AI had the gradient capabilities that it does now.

I don't remember, Oakland, Detroit, Chicago, or Baltimore wearing these. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember them.

Oakland, yes. I purchased the cap at the Coliseum. I have seen Baltimore online but not the other two.

I don't remember, Oakland, Detroit, Chicago, or Baltimore wearing these. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember them.

Here's a list of the dates that each were worn in 1999 or in the case of Detroit at Boston, were going to be worn:

• June 26 - Oakland Athletics @ Anaheim Angels
  • July 21 - San Diego Padres @ San Francisco Giants
  • July 22 - Kansas City Royals @ Detroit Tigers
  • July 23 - Milwaukee Brewers @ Florida Marlins
  • July 24 - Seattle Mariners @ Minnesota Twins
  • July 25 - Anaheim Angels @ Baltimore Orioles
  • July 27 - Pittsburgh Pirates @ New York Mets
  • July 30 - Colorado Rockies @ St. Louis Cardinals
  • August 14 - Tampa Bay Devil Rays @ Kansas City Royals
  • August 18 - Atlanta Braves @ Colorado Rockies
  • August 20 - Arizona Diamondbacks @ Pittsburgh Pirates
  • September 10 - Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox
  • September 11 - Philadelphia Phillies @ Arizona Diamondbacks
  • September 18 - Detroit Tigers @ Boston Red Sox

Source: Baseball-Reference.com via an archived page on majorleaguebaseball.com.

Archived