Mercury Mets

ltjets21

What a blemish it would be on the history of the game if Zach Greinke threw a perfect game in a dazzle-fabric vest with a robot on it.

Would you consider it a "blemish" if someone threw a perfect game in an alternate jersey? I don't see a rule anywhere that pitchers strictly have to wear their plain, bland, traditional home whites or road greys during all perfect games and no-hitters in baseball.

For me, it would be a double-whammy of awesome - a perfect game thrown by one of my favorite non-Rays pitchers in the league, and a lasting memory of TATC II.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a blemish it would be on the history of the game if Zach Greinke threw a perfect game in a dazzle-fabric vest with a robot on it.

Would you consider it a "blemish" if someone threw a perfect game in an alternate jersey? I don't see a rule anywhere that pitchers strictly have to wear their plain, bland, traditional home whites or road greys during all perfect games and no-hitters in baseball.

For me, it would be a double-whammy of awesome - a perfect game thrown by one of my favorite non-Rays pitchers in the league, and a lasting memory of TATC II.

Well as bad as some alternates are they're still not the most disgraceful thing ever. Yes, some teams need to make changes and tweaks to make them BETTER but I wouldn't say any major league uniform is downright embarrassing.

But let me flip this. What if someone threw a perfect game in a 1905 turn-back the clock jersey with HUGE chest letters and baggy as hell and a collar and all that. Would that be a blemish on an historical moment? What if someone threw it in a bright yellow 70's Pirates uni, or an all-orange 70's O's jersey? If you worry about that then there should never be any throwbacks/throwforwards.

Of course, it'd probably be considered a "blemish" if someone threw a perfect game in a Met uniform because well, it'd probably mean the apocalypse.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

What will we do when there is an expansion team called The Robots?

Take away your drugs. And your computer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

But let me flip this. What if someone threw a perfect game in a 1905 turn-back the clock jersey with HUGE chest letters and baggy as hell and a collar and all that. Would that be a blemish on an historical moment? What if someone threw it in a bright yellow 70's Pirates uni, or an all-orange 70's O's jersey? If you worry about that then there should never be any throwbacks/throwforwards.

It's something I think about whenever there's some goofy dress-up day. Would've been weird if Kobe Bryant scored 81 in an ABA jersey or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well as bad as some alternates are they're still not the most disgraceful thing ever. Yes, some teams need to make changes and tweaks to make them BETTER but I wouldn't say any major league uniform is downright embarrassing.

Of course, it'd probably be considered a "blemish" if someone threw a perfect game in a Met uniform because well, it'd probably mean the apocalypse.

Or if someone threw a no-no on LSD? Would that be a blemish? Oh wait... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/13/dock-ellis-lsd-no-hitter_n_357351.html

Anubis.png

And on the same day you mention that, Dallas Braden turns the trick...

I found it kind of ironic the game Jeter surpassed Gehrig to become #1 on the Yankee's all-time hits list the team was wearing the red stars and stripes caps. I mean Jeter was wearing a standard navy batting helmet when he got the actual hit, so I guess it's not that significant, but he wore a red cap while in the field and when all of his teammates and coaches came onto the field to congratulate him they were wearing red caps.

And on the same day you mention that, Dallas Braden turns the trick...

... on a day that did have a one-off uniform gimmick. Although Braden did not seem to have any pink on him, his teammates' pink wristbands stuck out when I saw the highlights of his team mobbing him today.

a0e7a275-48f9-406a-8b59-5c72212fa56e.jpg

And is it just me or are the Rockies the only team trending on a path to end up with the TATC uniform on time?

Doesn't seem like it would be too much of a jump to go from here:

Todd-Helton-Happy.jpg

to here:

rox.jpg

... especially when they were wearing the purple sleeves under those black vests.

... on a day that did have a one-off uniform gimmick. Although Braden did not seem to have any pink on him, his teammates' pink wristbands stuck out when I saw the highlights of his team mobbing him today.

He had the little pink ribbon over the heart.

I found it kind of ironic the game Jeter surpassed Gehrig to become #1 on the Yankee's all-time hits list the team was wearing the red stars and stripes caps. I mean Jeter was wearing a standard navy batting helmet when he got the actual hit, so I guess it's not that significant, but he wore a red cap while in the field and when all of his teammates and coaches came onto the field to congratulate him they were wearing red caps.

Kinda like Dwyane Wade's ridiculous buzzer beater (and "this is my house" celebration) against the Bulls last year while rocking these duds:

wade_el_heat.jpg

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

He had the little pink ribbon over the heart.

Yes he did. I stand corrected. Not as obvious but it applies. Thanks.

So I promise this is the only image I will post, so that CW can post all of the color corrected images.

This is the hat logo used with that.

stl_cap.gif

Heh... Almost brings them full-circle back to this...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived