The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just seen the Cavs update... they still refuse to fix the neutered part of the C in Cavaliers at the bottom.

Like I said, we've seen the draft caps and most likely they will not continue using the wordmark you updated.

well this was just posted on the cavs nba site so idk if they are going to use that wordmark thats on the draft cap or not

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/logo_updated_100621.html

The logo I initially recieved and was advised that it was the logo that the Jazz would consider the "official primary" had no outline. I guess they're not going to be using the silver outline at all for their unofficial primary. A good looking set tho, the colors look really good and are unique to the NBA.

This season the NBA has really brought back yellow, after the deperature of the Sonics and update of the Hornets only the Lakers were really left with yellow.

The Indiana Pacers and their extremely yellow alternate jersey would like to have a word with you. :rolleyes:

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I know what's been posted, but considering the draft caps accuracy until now and some hints I've recieved I'm pretty confident the wordmark displayed there will not be the one on the uniforms.

The Indiana Pacers and their extremely yellow alternate jersey would like to have a word with you. :rolleyes:

I knew I missed someone, it's because I haven't heard anything about the Pacers at all last season. I don't like their yellow alt and they don't seem to wear it much anyway.

Even with the addition of more yellow in the NBA, it looks as if the Lakers and Pacers will be the only 2 teams with yellow jerseys. OKC and Golden State could bring in a yellow alt in the next couple of years.

Anyone heard anything as to whether the Magic will have a black uniform this year?

I talked with someone who work within the Magic organization and she confirmed a new court design with also a new

"never before seen black alternate uniform". I can't wait to see it.

Yeah, that is kind of lazy, but at the same time you'll never notice that on any products or jerseys.

One thing I dislike about that logo is how the stem of the not doesn't start from the horizontal basketball line but just slightly above it.

Why is that, because the imperfections are so minute (small)?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Yeah, and another possibility is that when the designs go through NBA quality control they'll notice it. Not all of the logos are like that, most of them actually look alright. The thing about these sheets is that they often have mistakes and aren't always perfect.

Not to get too ?nit picky? but as a Jazz fan and a perfectionist, I have to point out the following. Look at how sloppy they got with lining all the ball elements up! Yet another example of how my team is LAZY!!! thBangHead.gif

2010-11_Jazz_Note_Ball.png

Damn. Now I'm gonna notice that whenever I see that logo. Thanks :rolleyes::P

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I know what's been posted, but considering the draft caps accuracy until now and some hints I've recieved I'm pretty confident the wordmark displayed there will not be the one on the uniforms.

I knew I missed someone, it's because I haven't heard anything about the Pacers at all last season. I don't like their yellow alt and they don't seem to wear it much anyway.

Even with the addition of more yellow in the NBA, it looks as if the Lakers and Pacers will be the only 2 teams with yellow jerseys. OKC and Golden State could bring in a yellow alt in the next couple of years.

It's really interesting you say that, because if anything, the team that should have a yellow alternate is the Nuggets. Gold Nuggets anyone?

Also, the Cavaliers are switching to more of a "yellowish" gold. Don't count them out.

Not to get too "nit picky" but as a Jazz fan and a perfectionist, I have to point out the following. Look at how sloppy they got with lining all the ball elements up! Yet another example of how my team is LAZY!!! thBangHead.gif

2010-11_Jazz_Note_Ball.png

Damn. Now I'm gonna notice that whenever I see that logo. Thanks :rolleyes::P

That's been bugging me ever since they first vectorized that logo for the Hardwood Classics stuff. Really, really sloppy.

I've got a New Orleans Jazz logosheet from around '77...when I get home (I'm in the Twin Cities right now), I'll take a close look at it and see if these mistakes exist that far back.

It's really interesting you say that, because if anything, the team that should have a yellow alternate is the Nuggets. Gold Nuggets anyone?

Also, the Cavaliers are switching to more of a "yellowish" gold. Don't count them out.

They won't be able to introduce an alternate uniform for two seasons, but I fully expect it will be yellow. Also, aren't the Hornets due to get their yellow alternate jersey back (in the new style)? Has it it been two seasons with the new set?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not sure the 2 year deal applies to the Cavaliers. If the only thing they are changing is wordmarks than I think they'd be ok too change the alternate aswell because teams don't have to wait 2 years without an alternate to get a new one. However maybe the Cavs have brand new uniforms.

They won't be able to introduce an alternate uniform for two seasons, but I fully expect it will be yellow. Also, aren't the Hornets due to get their yellow alternate jersey back (in the new style)? Has it it been two seasons with the new set?

It has been two seasons; howver, I could equally see them going with a dark blue alt. Their new look seems to harken back to the Charlotte days (pinstripes and all) and back in Charlotte they had light blue roads with a dark blue alt.

Speeking of the Hornets, why don't their uniforms use their namesake? I understand when they had just moved, to make it clear to everyone that they were now in a different city, andf then with the whole OKC debacle, they had to do the same. But now everyone knows them as the New Orleans Hornets. Its a great team name, why not show it off? Hopefully the altenates will reflect this.

I'm not sure the 2 year deal applies to the Cavaliers. If the only thing they are changing is wordmarks than I think they'd be ok too change the alternate aswell because teams don't have to wait 2 years without an alternate to get a new one. However maybe the Cavs have brand new uniforms.

Well... I think the only way to get rid of the 2 year rule for an Alt, is if it is a minor tweak. The Cavs are changing the wordmark and probably the numbers. I'm not sure that is considered minor. I would expect the side panels to be cleaned up a big... and possibly even a different collar style to a more modern one.

That being said... the 2 year rule doesn't apply to Throwbacks and the new style that the Cavs have made up... the CavFanatic uniform. So... have no fear... we will still see a color carousel for the Cavs this year. :cry:

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Their new look seems to harken back to the Charlotte days (pinstripes and all) and back in Charlotte they had light blue teal roads with a dark blue purple alt.

FTFY.

:P

Haha, thanks bro. Im kind of new to these boards and I dont want to piss anyone off. You are right though. I dont know why but those alts always looked dark blue to me. Upon closer inspection, they are purple.

Archived