NHL Alterations Project

Chapeeko

Well, after my failed attempt at redoing the NHL in Paint I have decided to try and redeem myself. I have spent awhile learning the tricks of Inkscape, so I am making these concepts in Inkscape. I hope I can finish this project, so enjoy!

Hey, great to see you transfer over! Looks like you're getting the hang of it.

As far as the concept goes, I wouldn't want to see this take the ice. I'm not much of a hockey fan (although I'm starting to get into it now that the Hawks took the cup :P), throwing back to an older logo for kicks and gigs doesn't seem to make no sense, like others have said. The current colors are red-black-silver if I recall, I'd love to see you go with a whole different direction with them.

It's great you want to use the Whale-tail logo, but it has an H and a W in it. The H fits, but the W doesn't, so try to find a way to make a similar logo, but without the W.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Well, I like the Hurricanes' colors of red, black, and silver, and the concept's good...but what about replacing the silver with Carolina blue (or something close enough)? That would really help the 'Canes stand out in the NHL.

Another thing for the concept, but what about making the hurricane flags the center stripe, surrounded by either the black/red/other colored stripes?

Well, I like the Hurricanes' colors of red, black, and silver, and the concept's good...but what about replacing the silver with Carolina blue (or something close enough)? That would really help the 'Canes stand out in the NHL.

Another thing for the concept, but what about making the hurricane flags the center stripe, surrounded by either the black/red/other colored stripes?

That is a great idea; it would really tie the 'Canes with the other Carolina sports teams (Panthers, 'Heels, and Bobcats all use blue). I would try using dark navy, carolina blue, and cardinal red as your colors, a unique combination in itself while possibly using carolina blue as a trim (replacing silver), and use the dark navy as your solid or background color.

You might want to change the flag logo, the way the team uses it, it is saying tropical storm. A hurricane warning is 2 flags stacked on top. Also I always thought the flag border was odd on theirs...and yours. What would be very unique would be to have the border spell Carolina in nautical flags. Or for a third have the nautical flags in a diagonal spell Carolina. I would drop the whale tale in what ever way you make it. Whales don't hang out in hurricanes.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived