New Charlotte Checkers AHL look

rvrdgsfn

Courtesy of Icethetics.info

New 3rd logo with Hurricane warning flag attached to stick

checkersnewthirdlogo.jpg

New Jerseys along with new 3rd with 3rd logo

checkersnewuniformsunve.jpg

all in all, I like it. They kept their ECHL logo & evolved with it. I like the 3rd's logo as well.

baltimoreravens.png

The 3rd logo is very cool, and it's a shame that it won't appear on the shoulders of the primary jerseys.

The jerseys themselves are lazy clones, and I was really expecting better on this one. Even doing as little as replacing the hurricane flags with a checkerboard pattern would have gotten a pass from me.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

all in all- not bad. have to agree with sodboy13, I was expecting a little more from them. I do like the flag 3rd and it actually kinda works because a single flag is a storm warning(1 step below a full hurricane, just like the AHL is 1 step below,not including KHL, the NHL). This makes sense, the Hurricanes 3rd on the other hand doesn't. The 'Canes should really fix that.

Courtesy of Icethetics.info

New 3rd logo with Hurricane tropical storm warning flag attached to stick

checkersnewthirdlogo.jpg

Misnomer aside, I also do like how Bosack kept the spirit of the (most recent) Checkers logo, yet incorporated the identity of the Checkers' parent club. Nicely done, Joe.

The jerseys are what they are, though...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Allow me to once again get on my knees, look up to the heavens, and thank God Almighty that I'm a Milwaukee Admirals fan! (we've always maintained our own unique identity)

bYhYmxh.png

Allow me to once again get on my knees, look up to the heavens, and thank God Almighty that I'm a Milwaukee Admirals fan! (we've always maintained our own unique identity)

Ditto from a Rochester Americans fan. The Amerks have used their classic logo for 54 of their 55 years. No cartoons here, Pal.

Ditto from a Rochester Americans fan. The Amerks have used their classic logo for 54 of their 55 years. No cartoons here, Pal.

Pre-2006 I would have agreed whole heartedly, now I'm nearly ashamed of our 'unique' look. I would love a return back to something closer to the old logo, and a bigger emphasis on the copper.

• 8 months later...

You mean quite possibly the crappiest identity in all of sports? Yeah, great identity. You keep that crap in Milwaukee.

You mean quite possibly the crappiest identity in all of sports? Yeah, great identity. You keep that crap in Milwaukee.

If you hate bone anchors, you must also hate freedom and puppies.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived