Pirates and A's in 70's throwbacks

infrared41

Just got home from the game. Spent this morning cleaning out the pictures from my camera so I had room. Then when I got to the game noticed I somehow didn't put my slr in my backpack, ugh.

Here are some pics from si:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/oakland-athletics/gallery/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/oakland-athletics/gallery/

Pirates_Athletics_Baseball.sff_178924_team.jpgPirates_Athletics_Baseball.sff_178923_team.jpg

Pirates_Athletics_Baseball.sff_178914_team.jpg

I love the way these teams looked, just wish the uniforms fit better...too baggy.

Orioles and "Senators" looked nice too this weekend.

87Redskins.png

So far, in all the pics posted, it appears every player went with stirrups showing, which has always been one of my biggest beefs with throwback games when some players stick with the pajama pants. It is a shame that the jerseys are so baggy. Overall, my kudos to the players if they all wore stirrups.

Speaking of stirrups, I've noticed that several minor league teams seem to have all their players sporting a socks-high look. I dearly hope that this becomes a trend. I'm also noticing more players in the college World Series showing some sock.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Speaking of stirrups, I've noticed that several minor league teams seem to have all their players sporting a socks-high look. I dearly hope that this becomes a trend. I'm also noticing more players in the college World Series showing some sock.

Some teams require all their minor leaguers to wear high socks. I think it has to do with differences in the CBA, you can make a rule like that in the minors but not the majors unless the players all agreed.

1zgyd8w.jpg

So far, in all the pics posted, it appears every player went with stirrups showing, which has always been one of my biggest beefs with throwback games when some players stick with the pajama pants. It is a shame that the jerseys are so baggy. Overall, my kudos to the players if they all wore stirrups.

The A's when they wear there throwbacks tell all the players they have to. Also when you order the players short pants that only go right past the knees, it forces the to. Also when a team does a throwback uniform, the home team produces the uniform for the visiting team also. So it was pretty easy to make sure the Pirates followed the same rules.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I'm noticing more and more teams do events like these (A's/Rays last year comes to mind, as well as Orioles/Nats last week and the Blue Jays alts), and I think it's a great thing for baseball. It's shown to me that classic looks can still look incredible today, and to be perfectly honest, if the A's and Pirates rolled these out as full time uniforms, I wouldn't have any opposition towards it. If there is one problem I do have, its what everyone has already been saying, that the tops are too baggy. Other than that, this is really great. I'm hoping this becomes more frequent, I know one team I'd like to see try this out is the Rangers and thier 70's uniforms (Sparky!! :D). But really any team that was around back then would be wise to try it out.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived