Blues' Center Mike Danton Arrested

nitroseed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked but not entirely. Last year he was with the Devils, he was sent down to the minors and never reported and demanded to be traded because he quote, "Wouldn't drink Lou's kool-aid." The Devils traded him on darft day to STL. for a second round pick. It has been his way or nothing.

Now of course there are many players like that and they don't comit murder. But the odd thing was oing into camp last year he had changed his name to Mike Danton from Mike Jefferson. Maybe something els happened in the past?

From ESPN.com:

The day after the St. Louis Blues were eliminated from the playoffs in San Jose by the Sharks, center Mike Danton was arrested by FBI agents on charges of trying to hire someone to murder a man, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

Danton, 23, and Katie Wolfmeyer, 19, are accused of trying to hire a man to kill an acquaintance in a criminal complaint filed in federal court in East St. Louis, the paper reported.

The complaint says that Danton quarreled with the intended victim about Danton's "promiscuity and use of alcohol," and that Danton "begged the acquaintance not to go to the general manager of the St. Louis Blues hockey organization and ruin his career," the post reported.

Wolfmeyer was arrested Thursday night, the paper reported. Nobody was injured.

According to the complaint, the intended victim called Danton on Friday and the FBI recorded the call. During the call, "Danton broke down and sobbed. Danton explained that he felt backed into a corner and also felt that the acquaintance was going to leave him," the Post reported.

Danton played in all six playoff games and scored one goal.

Sounds like a helluva guy...

probably has nothing to do with his apparent plot to off someone, but I was at the Sharks-Blues game last night :D:D:D and during the pregame skate, Danton and Todd Harvey were exchanging some heated words at center ice.

Of course, that sort of thing isnt unusual in the playoffs, I just found it ironic that Danton's now in this kinda trouble

This is the worst thing for the NHL. NHL in the past could always pride itself on it's players and while stuff like this was happening in the other sports (most notably the NFL, and NBA) this didn't happen in hockey. Now this happened.

This is the worst thing for the NHL. NHL in the past could always pride itself on it's players and while stuff like this was happening in the other sports (most notably the NFL, and NBA) this didn't happen in hockey. Now this happened.

2615.jpg0817.jpg

"We [steve Moore and Donald Brashear] beg to differ"

Yeah I saw it while watching the Leafs/Sens game. It was on the bottom line. At first I thought maybe the intended victum was a player, but thank god it wasn't.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2615.jpg0817.jpg

"We [steve Moore and Donald Brashear] beg to differ"

In this case a player is accused of hiring someone to kill another person. This is far worse.

Don't get me wrong what happened to Moore and Brashear was very wrong. Although Brashear is far from a clean player himself.

I'm shocked but not entirely. Last year he was with the Devils, he was sent down to the minors and never reported and demanded to be traded because he quote, "Wouldn't drink Lou's kool-aid." The Devils traded him on darft day to STL. for a second round pick. It has been his way or nothing.

Now of course there are many players like that and they don't comit murder. But the odd thing was oing into camp last year he had changed his name to Mike Danton from Mike Jefferson. Maybe something els happened in the past?

Well according to the guy he tried to kill he would not drink it becuase it conatined no alcohol.

Maybe he watched to many episodes of the Sopranos or went on the Sopranos tour too often in his befief time in NJ.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm completely shocked. This is crazy.

All I can say is I hope he gets what he deserves, but that I hope it can be determined he doesn't deserve too much.

He apparently claims he felt his life was indanger. No question he went about taking care of that the wrong way, but I dunno.

You'd be amazed how much hearing this news affected me.

When he came over here, he didn't have any of the trouble's he had with the Devils. He was hard working, exciting, and one of my favorite players to watch. He never backed down from anyone. He's about 5' 6", and he challenged Zdeno Chara, 6' 6" to fight...Chara wouldn't...argh...I just dunno what to say.

Do your time and get things straightened out Mike. I support you through all of this.

I looked at the Toronto Sun website, and it looks like they implying that Mike is gay. Reading the AP releases from numerous newspaper website quite Mike saying that the acquaitence "was going to leave him." There's always something behind these kinds of stories huh?

17tor.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

Yeah, I'd heard that as well. Part of the reasoning introduced in the article I read was that Danton was worried that he might be outed, ruining his career.

Which would be something so horrible that you'd need to put out a hit on someone.

<_<:rolleyes::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Mind you, everything's speculation at this point; no one knows, except for Danton himself, if any of these allegations are true.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh boy here comes thge scandal which every tabloid will jump on trashing hockey.

This could not be any worse for the NHL, they need to get things fixed in taht league and avoid any work stoppage while seeking a new comish.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Mike Danton may not have been known before but now he is going to be famous. This is going to be one of those stories that everyone will e sick of when it goes to trial. There will be movies hour long programs, oh fun, and it looks like he is up the river to, what a jackass.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

This is getting more and more interesting...

The first reports indicate blackmail and the new information points to jilted love.

Maybe it's some combination of the two (i.e. I'm leaving you and telling everyone you're gay)?

Archived