Tomlinson's Chargers & Jets logo tattoos

Milo Meningocele

The missed field goals? If a team is in a position where one field goal makes or breaks the game, they don't deserve to win.

So you're saying that the Patriots didn't deserve to win any of their 3 Super Bowls?

The missed field goals? If a team is in a position where one field goal makes or breaks the game, they don't deserve to win.

So you're saying that the Patriots didn't deserve to win any of their 3 Super Bowls?

I said that, not Lights Out.

For the record, I didn't say that sentence, IceCap did.

I think the field goal absolutely is a valid method of winning - after all, kickers are a very important part of an NFL team (not as important as quarterbacks or good defensive players, but important nonetheless).

For crying out loud.....

Look, I'm not saying kickers aren't important. Or that a team that wins by a field goal didn't deserve to win.

What I am saying is that if a team is in a position where one play is NEEDED to win, and they fail for whatever reason, they didn't deserve to win. Blaming the Chargers' playoff woes on missed field goals is about as petty as blaming your team's loss on a bad call. Now was I, as a Chargers fan, frustrated that Kaeding's missed field goals made a difference? Yes. The fact remains, however, that they wouldn't have mattered had the Chargers offence actually produced when they had the chance to.

You can't play a crappy game and then blame the guy who screwed up at the end. If you didn't play the crappy game before that last play you wouldn't be in a do-or-die situation.

Though I will give Lights Out credit for not blaming the Chargers' playoff losses on illegal immigrants. That's progress, I think.

You can't play a crappy game and then blame the guy who screwed up at the end. If you didn't play the crappy game before that last play you wouldn't be in a do-or-die situation.

Rivers didn't play a crappy game. He threw two picks, but he wasn't exactly just chucking the ball around like Favre does, and he at least had a better QB rating than Sanchez (although that's not exactly a major accomplishment). Aside from kicking the challenge flag, Vincent Jackson didn't play a crappy game. He led the team in receiving yards with 111, far more than Braylon Edwards who led the Jets with 41 yards. Sproles didn't play a crappy game with his very limited opportunities, with 33 yards on just 3 carries (far better than LT's 24 yards on 12 carries).

Kaeding played a crappy game. He was called upon to execute not one, not two, but THREE times and failed every time. Norv called a crappy game. After about the tenth time he ran LT up the middle for only two lousy yards, he should have taken the hint and started running him to the outside more. Like it or not, it's their faults that the Chargers lost.

Though I will give Lights Out credit for not blaming the Chargers' playoff losses on illegal immigrants. That's progress, I think.

Hell, despite their very limited grasp of the English language, an illegal immigrant probably could have called better plays than Norv that game. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Rivers didn't play a crappy game. He threw two picks, but he wasn't exactly just chucking the ball around like Favre does, and he at least had a better QB rating than Sanchez (although that's not exactly a major accomplishment). Aside from kicking the challenge flag, Vincent Jackson didn't play a crappy game. He led the team in receiving yards with 111, far more than Braylon Edwards who led the Jets with 41 yards. Sproles didn't play a crappy game with his very limited opportunities, with 33 yards on just 3 carries (far better than LT's 24 yards on 12 carries).

Kaeding played a crappy game. He was called upon to execute not one, not two, but THREE times and failed every time. Norv called a crappy game. After about the tenth time he ran LT up the middle for only two lousy yards, he should have taken the hint and started running him to the outside more. Like it or not, it's their faults that the Chargers lost.

Hell, despite their very limited grasp of the English language, an illegal immigrant probably could have called better plays than Norv that game. :P

See, collectively the Chargers offence did play a crappy game. Had they managed to convert and score more often then they did, they would have won. What I saw that game was a struggling offence that could barely hold a drive together.

Now I'm rooting for LT to get cut during the preseason.

For having a :censored:ty tattoo? If every player with stupid ink were to get cut, there would be no NFL!

6uXNWAo.png

Bring back Schottenheimer? Are you serious?

It's rare that I agree with Lights Out but he's right on this one. If you want to assure yourself that you'll never make a Super Bowl then Marty's your guy.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived