Colorado Rockies 3rd logo concept...

JJSCOTT

Buddy and me were watchin the Rockies the other night started talkin about how much we love Dinger the Rockies mascot. So I started some ideas for a Dinger logo idea to be alt hat or jersey logo. Looking for suggestions and critique of what I am working with so far. Thanks appreciate any comments.

dinger.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any specific reason on the first four that there is a purple box in the middle of his forehead? Or mistake?

Was trying to play with the idea of the forehead shadow being the infield diamond shape, which is why the corners are cut in like the bases. The box is to be the pitchers mound but I now am thinking it will be too small for it to really show so would be better off gettin rid of it.

Few more option/updates taking suggestions into account.

Got rid of peaks on lower, increased stroke on horns and goin with the purple eyes.

Added a separation of color on the bottom of face like the real mascot has.

Dinger2.png

Personally I love the baseball diamond in the forehead. I'd keep it.

These are great and the addition of silver is a big improvement. The one of the left here is the best IMO.

I'd look at strengthening a few of the outlines. Right now they are kind of thin and I think if it wasn't purple and black, they'd be fine. But because it is purple and black, you need some thicker lines in order to see them better, esspecially at a distance.

Great work! Love the concept. I was actually curious why the mascot was a triceratops so I looked it up an the first triceratops skull (or partial) was found near Denver in 1887. Pretty cool.

These look awesome! I could see these as someone above said, as a kids club logo, or on the BP jerseys. That`s the first time I`ve seen the mascot, it looks like a dino from Barney (with a Rockies uni on)

I meant something like this just so its not such a wierd shape

dinger.jpg

The issue with that is that then it starts to loose the shape of dinger's head.

That doesnt even look like dinger anyway and he made them into mountains so it looks wierd the shape he had it. If you want the back to be the shape of dingers head make it look liek dingers head or if you want it to be mountain make it a shape that would look good on a hat

I think it looks far better with the lower two peaks included (without the snow caps). And whether Dinger has snow caps or not in mascot form is not the important part. The important part is that the lower peaks help it look like a triceratops. The mountain are clever, but secondary to the triceratops. It's coming along, but I think you need to beef up the outlines of the horns even more, so they are consistent with the outer shape outline.

I think it looks far better with the lower two peaks included (without the snow caps). And whether Dinger has snow caps or not in mascot form is not the important part. The important part is that the lower peaks help it look like a triceratops. The mountain are clever, but secondary to the triceratops. It's coming along, but I think you need to beef up the outlines of the horns even more, so they are consistent with the outer shape outline.

I agree, in fact what I was trying to say, but couldn't find the correct wording. This is a logo, not a photograph of Dinger. It wont look exactly like him, it also has a nice tie into the other logos with the mountains, however if the side peaks are removed, it doesn't look like Dinger to me.

JJSCOTT, by the way, I love Dinger as well, in fact at the world series in 2007, I remember a Red Sox fan sitting in the same section I was yelled out: "Dinger Sucks!", and everyone just turned and looked at him, it was quite funny.

RockiesSig.png

Archived