Colorado Rockies 3rd logo concept...

JJSCOTT

Thank you everyone for all the comments really do appreciate the feedback!

Here are some new tweeks I made. Changed the shape of the back head plate (dunno what the correct term would be haha) and a few lil curves here and there.

With 3 I was tryin to take more from the mascot costume as far as rounded shapes since some people didn't see enough similarity between the logo and mascot.

Dinger3.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downgrade. The sharper "mountain" edges was much better. I'd explore dropping the whitecaps if you're gonna mess with the backplate before I'd mess with the shape too much.

Personally I liked that it wasn't exactly like the mascot. Its the perfect third logo cause its based on something with the team, but it should have its own feel. To me I'd just go "I'm going to make a triceratops logo" and make that as good as possible. If you want to put some of the features from Dinger in later that's cool, but focus on making a good looking triceratops, which you are really close to now...

No. 3 would be really appealing for a Kids Club thing for the team and would definitely work for mascot related events. I also like the curved features for the fact you know it's the mascots shape but has the mountains still notably there.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

These look awesome! I could see these as someone above said, as a kids club logo, or on the BP jerseys. That`s the first time I`ve seen the mascot, it looks like a dino from Barney (with a Rockies uni on)

i agree would look cool as a kids club logo but not sure about BP jerseys, but nice concept

I love it. Really incredible. Reminds me of the A's elephant logo in the 90s. I prefer the one with the sharp mountain tops though, resembles the logo better. Would make a great sleeve patch, and the Rockies could really use something like this in their logo set.

FSU2.gif

I think that the white snow caps is the best. I personally like option #2 the best. I think that you should keep the purple color head that Dinger is.

The outlining of the diamond shape really helps a lot. I really think that this is a good update.

RockiesSig.png

too bad dinger looks the complete opposite of that logo in real life!

I wish he did look more like your logo, good work!

2a is easily the best.

the 1s look like flowers and the outline on the field takes away from the subtlety of the diamond and ruins it.

Thanks for all the comments! Seems like 2 seems to be the favorite so I thinkened up the black around the horn and put it on the team color backgrounds. Anything else or you guys think time to call it complete?

dingerfinal.png

I really like 1. The rounding of the mountains creates the closest resemblance to Dinger himself (itself?). If you could just edit the base of the horns as you did in 2 I think you have a final product.

I love the baseball diamond in the center of the head. To me it looks better without the silver outline.

Number 1, with a few alterations, is by far the best one.

I have to say, the sharpened corners echoing the primary logo was a really cool design choice. I basically liked it from the moment I noticed that.

The baseball diamond on the forehead is really cool when it's subtle, but when you give it the white outline, the attention is drawn away from other parts of the design.

Your most recent tweak of it is excellent. I'm not sure if the Rockies could legitimately use it since it is really "angry" for a mascot logo, but that doesn't mean it's not a great piece of design, it just means I haven't figured out its purpose yet.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Thanks for all the replies guys! Really appreciate all the comments and critique help!

I was playing around with these took the official Rockies logos and put them together with the Dinger head plate. What do you think of these?

Rockiesalt.png

Thanks for all the replies guys! Really appreciate all the comments and critique help!

I was playing around with these took the official Rockies logos and put them together with the Dinger head plate. What do you think of these?

Rockiesalt.png

i think this proves the rockies are long overdue for an updated logo.

awesome awesome job. love the subtle infield patch on the forehead and the mountains on the headplate whatever its called. would love to see the Dinger head as a sleeve patch ala the A's white elephant.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived