2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Dear Wolfpack fans.

Act like you've frickin' been there before. Last night was no excuse to storm the field after the game. Frankly, there is NEVER an excuse to storm the field (or court) after the game.

TCU's not going to be in the national championship game. LSU is going to pass them for #3 after this week. The fact that the polls do not have the SEC teams running from #1 to #12 shows how little the coaches and voters know about college football.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lights Out =/= Kickers.

LOL, so true. I'm like a kicker's bad-luck charm in the clutch. Maybe I should change the channel when it's time for a clutch kick.

Yeah if Kaeding doesn't suck so bad in the clutch, the Chargers might have a Super Bowl.

A Super Bowl? Kaeding has single-handedly blown three playoff games - 2005 against the Jets, 2006 against the Patriots, and last year against the Jets again. Two of those years - 2006 and last year - we had a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. It amazes me that Kaeding is still a Charger, I'm surprised AJ hasn't turned on him and let him go to the Jets (where all washed up former Chargers go to jumpstart their careers).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Grr... Boise State lost in overtime to Nevada. Well, in the way of BCS busting we still got TCU. And since Aubrun barely beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl, that game was ugly enough for TCU to pass them in the rankings.

Margin of victory matters not in the BCS. All anyone sees is that Auburn beat Alabama.

LvZYtbZ.png

I tuned in at halftime, and, rooting for Nevada, that was the most pure fun I've had watching college football in years. Thank you Kyle Brotzman for a giddy night.

Once he missed the first kick, he was a total wreck, yet from what they showed on the broadcast, no coach spoke to him. He was just on a knee, helmet off and sulking. Teaching moment lost, so was the game. To immediately go out there again was like watching Dustin Johnson during the final round of the US Open this past June.

Grr... Boise State lost in overtime to Nevada. Well, in the way of BCS busting we still got TCU. And since Aubrun barely beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl, that game was ugly enough for TCU to pass them in the rankings.

Margin of victory matters not in the BCS. All anyone sees is that Auburn beat Alabama.

Oh yeah, the BCS dropped that from its rankings formula after the 2001 season. I forgot.

Just what reasoning would the WAC conference have to give instructions to game officials, potentially costing their conference millions in BCS money?

I dunno, the same reasoning that lead to Nebraska-A&M last week I presume.

/I'm still reading this thread. When I saw that literally 5 pages had come on since last night, I just thought, "Oh my, something happened to Boise didn't it."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Lights Out =/= Kickers.

LOL, so true. I'm like a kicker's bad-luck charm in the clutch. Maybe I should change the channel when it's time for a clutch kick.

No idea why but I knew he was going to miss the first one. I can't believe he missed the second one too. Your guys did everything they could. How many other teams hit that pass with 9 seconds left?

Tough loss dude. Believe it or not, I was pulling for Boise State to get a shot at Auburn. I just hope I'm not joining you here in the tough loss lounge in about 4 hours.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Anyway, moving on from the tough, Chargers playoff game-esque loss... GO BIG BLUE! Fingers crossed that Michigan gets a big upset victory today.

Boise State loses, and just like that, the "Lights Out Curse" moves onto Michigan.

My deepest condolences, Wolverine fans.

6uXNWAo.png

Anyway, moving on from the tough, Chargers playoff game-esque loss... GO BIG BLUE! Fingers crossed that Michigan gets a big upset victory today.

Boise State loses, and just like that, the "Lights Out Curse" moves onto the Michigan.

Hey, I'm just happy he didn't choose Ohio State. Then again, no one "chooses" Ohio State. We don't allow people to just show up and become fans. Well that and most people hate us.

BB52Big.jpg

Boise State loses, and just like that, the "Lights Out Curse" moves onto Michigan.

Hey, I'm just happy he didn't choose Ohio State. Then again, no one "chooses" Ohio State. We don't allow people to just show up and become fans. Well that and most people hate us.

Hey, maybe "Dim" can hop aboard the New England or Pittsburgh bandwagon 12 hours after the Chargers lose their next game... :D

6uXNWAo.png

I'm not bandwagoning on to Michigan, though. I'm still a Boise State fan. I just want Michigan to win today.

We're just busting your chops dude. No one thinks you deserted Boise State. But by all means root for Michigan today. Especially their kicker. :P

BB52Big.jpg

Lights Out =/= Kickers.

Yeah if Kaeding doesn't suck so bad in the clutch, the Chargers might have a Super Bowl.

A Super Bowl? Kaeding has single-handedly blown three playoff games - 2005 against the Jets, 2006 against the Patriots, and last year against the Jets again. Two of those years - 2006 and last year - we had a legitimate shot at the Supeur Bowl. It amazes me that Kaeding is still a Charger, I'm surprised AJ hasn't turned on him oand let him go to the Jets (where all washed up former Chargers go to jumpstart their careers).

Kickers don't. Win games, but they can lose them.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived