2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I'm going to wait until after Nick Foles makes the Scum Devils' defense his bitch again before I start with the real trash talking.

and yet it will just be nothing more than false promises coming from a Mildcat and his hopes and dreams crashing when Foles is sacked by Burfict 4 or 5 times

Will that be before or after Vonthug headbutts someone and gets a personal foul?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to wait until after Nick Foles makes the Scum Devils' defense his bitch again before I start with the real trash talking.

and yet it will just be nothing more than false promises coming from a Mildcat and his hopes and dreams crashing when Foles is sacked by Burfict 4 or 5 times

Will that be before or after Vonthug headbutts someone and gets a personal foul?

Probably before :P

Where is Eric? It's not the same without that bet we always have

If anything, Nevada should get a BCS bid over Boise State, should a bowl pick a team from the WAC.

No they shouldn't. Boise is still ranked higher than them in the coaches' poll and the BCS rankings.

You realize that this statement contradicts what you've been saying since August? All year long, you've been wanting folks to look at results and emphasizing the importance of winning....yet once BSU has to pimp itself by rankings instead of it's resume, your tune changed awfully quick.

Answer me this: If there were no rankings, which team would be more deserving to go to a BCS game, if only one team could go: 11-1 "official WAC champion" Nevada, or 11-1 "WAC co-champion, only by technicality" Boise State?

If your answer isn't Nevada, you're a :censored:ing moron. Well, more of one, at least.....

It's a moot point, anyway. The four at-large berths will go to TCU, a 2nd SEC team, a 2nd Big Ten team, and Stanford. Nevada and Boise State are going to be playing in bowl games that feature blue fields and team benches on the same sideline.

What makes you think a 1-loss small school with a small following will still get major consideration?

Ratings. Controversy surrounds Boise due to the arguments over their "worthiness" of being in the BCS, which makes for great TV. Also, when they play AQ teams, it's a ratings bonanza. Case in point: Boise/VT was the second-highest-rated college football game in ESPN's history.

Boise State is not a ratings bonanza, at least not one that you like to think they are. You continually mention this one game, and think that everyone watches every single BSU game. To put it bluntly....no.

Boise State is "a cute little story", and nothing more. They couldn't take care of business, and now they'll be relegated to some crap-tacular game against some conference's 6th-best team. They are who we thought they are.

Probably before :P

Where is Eric? It's not the same without that bet we always have

No, it'll probably be after Foles dodges one of Vonthug's tackles and throws a bomb down the field for a touchdown. He'll be so angry at his inability to beat Sunshine that his anger will take over.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If anything, Nevada should get a BCS bid over Boise State, should a bowl pick a team from the WAC.

No they shouldn't. Boise is still ranked higher than them in the coaches' poll and the BCS rankings.

You realize that this statement contradicts what you've been saying since August? All year long, you've been wanting folks to look at results and emphasizing the importance of winning....yet once BSU has to pimp itself by rankings instead of it's resume, your tune changed awfully quick.

Answer me this: If there were no rankings, which team would be more deserving to go to a BCS game, if only one team could go: 11-1 "official WAC champion" Nevada, or 11-1 "WAC co-champion, only by technicality" Boise State?

If your answer isn't Nevada, you're a :censored:ing moron. Well, more of one, at least.....

It's a moot point, anyway. The four at-large berths will go to TCU, a 2nd SEC team, a 2nd Big Ten team, and Stanford. Nevada and Boise State are going to be playing in bowl games that feature blue fields and team benches on the same sideline.

What makes you think a 1-loss small school with a small following will still get major consideration?

Ratings. Controversy surrounds Boise due to the arguments over their "worthiness" of being in the BCS, which makes for great TV. Also, when they play AQ teams, it's a ratings bonanza. Case in point: Boise/VT was the second-highest-rated college football game in ESPN's history.

Boise State is not a ratings bonanza, at least not one that you like to think they are. You continually mention this one game, and think that everyone watches every single BSU game. To put it bluntly....no.

Boise State is "a cute little story", and nothing more. They couldn't take care of business, and now they'll be relegated to some crap-tacular game against some conference's 6th-best team. They are who we thought they are.

I don't know which is funnier, his idea that, despite the fact that they only managed to go .500 in the two "tough games" on their schedule, Lights Out thinks Boise should get a BCS bid over Nevada. Or...that he believes Boise State is some sort of ratings juggernaut. If Boise State were in fact a "ratings draw" then they would still be in the BCS conversation. Right now Boise State is more like the fat chick that gets picked up at 2am on a Saturday night; you can't forget it fast enough. Talk about yesterday's news.

In any case, excellent reply Hedley. I couldn't agree more.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

All I see outside of infrared and Hedley putting Boise in it's place is Arizona-Arizona State posts... Let me be the first to say that no one gives a rat's ass about the Mildcats or the Sun Dorks.

The only Pac-10 game that matters (outside of Oregon, of course) is in Pullman, Washington. Why? That will be the game where U-Dub will finally break this eight year drought of bowl futility by doing what they always do: Kicking. Cougar. Ass.

All I see outside of infrared and Hedley putting Boise in it's place is Arizona-Arizona State posts... Let me be the first to say that no one gives a rat's ass about the Mildcats or the Sun Dorks.

The only Pac-10 game that matters (outside of Oregon, of course) is in Pullman, Washington. Why? That will be the game where U-Dub will finally break this eight year drought of bowl futility by doing what they always do: Kicking. Cougar. Ass.

You're a homer.

Coming from me, that's saying something.

You're a homer.

So? To me, loyality to where I am originally from matters. I don't need to hear any 'homer' crap from some no-name punk who whines and moans whenever someone bashes his precious St. Brett Farve the Great.

So, go away. Shoo. Let the big boys speak here, OK?

You're a homer.

So? To me, loyality to where I am originally from matters. I don't need to hear any 'homer' crap from some no-name punk who whines and moans whenever someone bashes his precious St. Brett Farve the Great.

So, go away. Shoo. Let the big boys speak here, OK?

You have me confused with TopCat. And no, I will not leave. Just trying to joke around with good ole Seadragon76.

You realize that results and winning affect rankings, right? So the ranking argument doesn't contradict a thing.

Under that hypothetical, Nevada would get in over Boise. However, in the real world, there are rankings, and Boise is ranked higher than Nevada, so Boise has been deemed more deserving than Nevada of a BCS Bowl invite by the Harris Poll voters and the computers.

Boise State is not a ratings bonanza, at least not one that you like to think they are.

Every game isn't a ratings bonanza - you can thank the WAC Network, the University of Idaho, and Fresno State for that. But I didn't claim that EVERY Boise game gets amazing ratings numbers, I claimed that their matchups against AQ teams get great ratings. Their WAC opponents are not AQ teams.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

In the Nevada-Boise argument, let's not forget that you also have a Hawaii team that's 7-1 in conference, so it's going to most likely be a three-way tie for the WAC title. And by their tiebreakers... well, the conferences and the bowls will choose who goes where, but both Nevada and Boise State are guaranteed bowls somewhere, and Hawaii is going to the Hawaii Bowl.

LvZYtbZ.png

Also, the tiebreaker is basically a dead end: Nevada beat Boise who beat Hawaii who beat Nevada.

Point of order: The ouroboros is never a dead end.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fans of teams who got stomped 44-14 in Tucson and only won last year in Seattle because the refs :censored:ed up gonna be haters and haters gonna hate. You're a joke and no one cares about the Crapple Cup.

Fans of teams who got stomped 44-14 in Tucson and only won last year in Seattle because the refs :censored:ed up gonna be haters and haters gonna hate. You're a joke and no one cares about the Crapple Cup.

I care about it. Plus, there is something worth playing for in this game. That little chair Arizona-Arizona State play for? Nothing else then a trophy on the line. Arizona State can't get to a bowl game and Arizona already has a bowl trip sewn up.

At least there is something else to play for outside of a trophy.

Oh, and Lights Out: Last place isn't on the line here so go back to sucking on that Boise blue teat that you like so much.

Rivalry games always have meaning, no matter what the stakes.

Archived