2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Can't blame that bird, really.....that game was a dull one to watch.

Fortunately for the Air Force....Shreveport is just as dull, so the bird came back.

OK that made me laugh. I was going to go the "the bird just wanted to see something in the air" route and make a joke about two triple option teams but your line was way better.

I'm still trying to figure out after watching the interview on ESPN, how can a falcon be taken on an airplane and someone can't take toothpaste on an airplane. We in the country are so freakin' stupid and so is our government. I could understand this rule if we were England, but come on people!

And you just used the toothpaste line which John Buccigross said on air to the USAF Lt. Col. in charge of the birds.

I guess you cannot use anything original, like ESPNEWS anchor Will Selva. You echo your comments on stupidity since flyers can take on toothpaste in a tube 3.4 oz (100mL) or less and people take dogs/cats onboard the aircraft all the time; some are even out of the carryall during flight.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you just used the toothpaste line which John Buccigross said on air to the USAF Lt. Col. in charge of the birds.

I guess you cannot use anything original, like ESPNEWS anchor Will Selva. You echo your comments on stupidity since flyers can take on toothpaste in a tube 3.4 oz (100mL) or less and people take dogs/cats onboard the aircraft all the time; some are even out of the carryall during flight.

What is your problem of late? You've really turned into quite an ass. What happened to the old incoherent dfwabel we all know and can't understand?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

What a BS call on the refs that was not excessive celebration.

Agreed. I don't think anybody with me in the Syracuse section thought that was excessive celebration either (but safe to say we took it)

That being said, wow. That had to be the most fun football game I've ever been to. Back and forth action, great plays galore, tons of "what the hell's going on" moments (like all the missed PAT/2 pt conversion attempts), and of course, a Syracuse bowl victory :D

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Agreed. I don't think anybody with me in the Syracuse section thought that was excessive celebration either (but safe to say we took it)

That being said, wow. That had to be the most fun football game I've ever been to. Back and forth action, great plays galore, tons of "what the hell's going on" moments (like all the missed PAT/2 pt conversion attempts), and of course, a Syracuse bowl victory :D

Oh nice did you go to the game?

Yep grandstand level by the 50 yard line

ffMc5dZ.png

Welp, The Tennessee Vols have just kicked themselves in the butts for the millionth time. I mean we had the game won. They were pinned deep, us leading by 3 (should've been 4, thanks Daniel Lincoln), Then the Punk, Thug, garbage side of our team rared it's head. Three Personal Fouls in 30 seconds. THREE!! The Heels had their heads up their butts, and guess what....

Another Penalty! From then on out I'm not sured anybody other than the QB and one WR were even trying. If they were, they were probably trying to get a dangerous, thuggish hit so they could be in the highlight reel. This team is very young, and it's had it's wonderful moments where you say, "Wow! They're Freshman!!", and bad points where you're saying, "oh. They're freshmen.". It's been a very up and down season for the Vols, and it ended on a down point. Well, it at least beats not playing in a bowl (take that, Kiffin!). I'm gonna get alot of crap from my friends here, cause they are Heels fans.

pony.png

John 3:16

Oh Rocky Top, You'll Always be..home sweet home to me! good ol' Rocky Top! Rocky Top Tennessee !

Oh cool I was actually going to go to this because in order to get tickets to the Notre Dame-Army game you had to buy tickets to this. But I ended up going to neither. How does the stadium look for football?

Oh cool I was actually going to go to this because in order to get tickets to the Notre Dame-Army game you had to buy tickets to this. But I ended up going to neither. How does the stadium look for football?

Surprisingly it's pretty good for football. The sightlines were all good from what I saw at various points and the field fit pretty nicely into the stadium

ffMc5dZ.png

Carolina with an EPIC fail, haha.

EDIT:Well nevermind fail on my part.

The end of regulation was a microcosm of our entire season. Amidst a sea of chaos and stupidity, TJ Yates keeps his cool and helps pull us through for the victory.

Carolina with an EPIC fail, haha.

EDIT:Well nevermind fail on my part.

The end of regulation was a microcosm of our entire season. Amidst a sea of chaos and stupidity, TJ Yates keeps his cool and helps pull us through for the victory.

Wow were those last 20 seconds or so a complete cluster- :censored: for NC. As a Browns fan it was nice to see Butch Davis is the same idiot in college that he was when he was coaching the Browns.

BB52Big.jpg

And then Tennessee's quarterback gets away with making throat slash gestures after completing a TD against UNC.

Oh well. A few minutes later, he was crying like a little :censored: so I guess it all evens out.

^_^

Surprisingly it's pretty good for football. The sightlines were all good from what I saw at various points and the field fit pretty nicely into the stadium

Yeah I think I'm going to try to go next year.

I have to say tomorrow I am rooting for Notre Dame against Miami. I've always considered myself as a somewhat Notre Dame fan. I've been to the campus to see them play USC. And I've still been interested in them after the Brady Quinn era. I'm pretty sure that solidifies me as a "frontrunner" considering I like the Yankees, Cowboys, Duke bball also. So yeah I'm a frontrunner.

I have to say tomorrow I am rooting for Notre Dame against Miami. I've always considered myself as a somewhat Notre Dame fan. I've been to the campus to see them play USC. And I've still been interested in them after the Brady Quinn era. I'm pretty sure that solidifies me as a "frontrunner" considering I like the Yankees, Cowboys, Duke bball also. So yeah I'm a frontrunner.

I don't think anyone would accuse you of being a frontrunner for following Notre Dame. As for the rest? Yeah, you're definitely a frontrunner. So if the teams you glommed on to start losing do you jump ship and head elsewhere?

BB52Big.jpg

I don't think anyone would accuse you of being a frontrunner for following Notre Dame. As for the rest? Yeah, you're definitely a frontrunner. So if the teams you glommed on to start losing do you jump ship and head elsewhere?

Oh no way I've been a Yankees fan for 10 years (I'm 15 btw), a Cowboys fan for 8 years, and a Duke fan for about 6. Most of this comes from my dad, except he likes the Mets instead. I kind of grew up around the Yankees winning every year (I live in NY), so it kind of came naturally. I mean, I'm a frontrunner but it's not like I'm not loyal to my teams.

so much for that Nebraska blowout huh

Stunning result after the way they blew the doors off Washington at Seattle.

If I am Bo Pelini I am on my knees for my job, I think this could lead to a change in Lincoln.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived