2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big 10 is getting exposed today. Really curious how Wisconsin and Ohio State will do. Not a lot of respect for this conference right now.

As a Big Ten fan I can't tell you how much that troubles me. :rolleyes: Like a lack of respect for the Big Ten is something new? Where have you been since around 2007?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The big 10 is getting exposed today. Really curious how Wisconsin and Ohio State will do. Not a lot of respect for this conference right now.

As a Big Ten fan I can't tell you how much that troubles me. :rolleyes: Like a lack of respect for the Big Ten is something new? Where have you been since around 2007?

Well, yeah, but I was talking about lumping them in with the Big East type of respect.

This is turning out to be a great Rose Bowl, 14-13 TCU at halftime. If this keeps up, it'll be a classic.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Actually, my opinion is there isn't that much of a difference between the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and everyone else. However, tell me this isn't a piss poor showing by the big 10. I mean pathetic. It could change after the Ohio State and Wisconsin games but as of right now I haven't seen a bowl performance this sorry by a major conference in a long time. Am I wrong?

This is turning out to be a great Rose Bowl, 14-13 TCU at halftime. If this keeps up, it'll be a classic.

It's been great so far. 99% of the "non-AQ" talk was about Boise State this season but after having watched both teams I gotta say that as good as Boise State is, TCU looks better. (no offense Lights Out...and yes, I know Boise beat TCU last season. Ohio State beat Oregon last season too. Would you argue that Ohio State is as good as Oregon this season? I know I wouldn't.)

TCU's a damn good football team.

BB52Big.jpg

No offense taken. I still think Boise State is better, though, especially on offense and in coaching. But TCU deserves their moment and I'm pulling for them.

If TCU finishes the job, can the non-AQ's please finally get the respect they deserve? Because then within the past few years, we will have seen Boise beat Oklahoma, Utah beat Bama, and (hopefully) TCU beat Wisconsin.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No offense taken. I still think Boise State is better, though, especially on offense and in coaching. But TCU deserves their moment and I'm pulling for them.

If TCU finishes the job, can the non-AQ's please finally get the respect they deserve? Because then within the past few years, we will have seen Boise beat Oklahoma, Utah beat Bama, and (hopefully) TCU beat Wisconsin.

I hope so. But as long as their's a B©S system, no Non-AQ will ever get well deserved respect. All the more a reason for a playoff in NCAAF. There still hasn't been enough respect from the BCS for smaller schools, however. They had to decide wether or not TCU gets into a well-deserved BCS slot, but thanks to a dumb agreement between the BCS and the Big East, it took them no thought to add an 8-4 UCONN team. The fact that great teams like Boise State, TCU, Utah (in 2008), and many more teams have been screwed over from major bowls is a travesty, and it adds more to a compelling case for a College Football playoff series.

You know that when an 8-4 team gets into the Fiesta Bowl, and a 11-1 team goes into a no-name MAACO bowl, it's time for a change. Greed and lust drives the BCS, and until that changes, more and more teams will get screwed over.

pony.png

John 3:16

Oh Rocky Top, You'll Always be..home sweet home to me! good ol' Rocky Top! Rocky Top Tennessee !

San Jose State for BCS Title Game?

1zqy8ok.gif

Its official. The Texas Christian University Horned Frogs have defeated the Wisconsin Badgers, 21-19 to capture the Rose Bowl championship. More proof that there are very legit Non-AQ schools.

pony.png

John 3:16

Oh Rocky Top, You'll Always be..home sweet home to me! good ol' Rocky Top! Rocky Top Tennessee !

I'll go one better than that. I think TCU should get a share of the National Championship.

BB52Big.jpg

I am still shaking my head on how Bret Bielema handled that last drive in the first half. He left all three times out on the field then scrambled to get that FG attempt off. Thankfully, that was a quickly played game, something which has been rare this bowl season.

Archived