2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State's president rips Boise State and TCU.

Funny how he goes after their schedules. Marshall, Ohio University, Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, and Michigan really have me quaking in my boots! How could ANYONE survive the grind of that slate? :rolleyes:

Miami, Wisconsin, and Iowa were the only three teams they played that were ranked at the time. Coincidentally, Boise State has/had three ranked teams on their schedule, too: Virginia Tech, Oregon State, and Nevada. Maybe the president of tOSU should look at his school's own schedule before running his mouth about other teams'.

The difference between a Big Ten schedule and a WAC schedule is that Michigan, Illinois, Purdue, and Northwestern would probably come in second or third in the mighty WAC. Louisiana Tech, Idaho, Utah State, New Mexico State, and San Jose State would go winless in the Big Ten. The point being that bad middle of the pack Big Ten teams would suddenly be very good if they were playing in the WAC. Middle of the pack WAC teams would be doormats in the Big Ten.

The number of ranked teams Ohio State or Boise State plays isn't what he was getting at. Getting a win against Michigan or Purdue is tougher than getting a win against San Jose State. His point was that the overall level of competition in the Big Ten is far superior to that of the WAC. Even you can't deny that he's right in that respect.

BB52Big.jpg

Great, now the top 2 Heisman Canidates are under suspension. Hell just give it to Andrew Luck, Toby should have probably won last year (even though I'm happy Ingram did), go ahead and give Stanford another Heisman.

As for Boise's bowl game, I just pray they play an SEC team, thats all I want. Hell I'd root for Auburn before I'd root for the Broncos.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

His point was that the overall level of competition in the Big Ten is far superior to that of the WAC. Even you can't deny that he's right in that respect.

And? Overall, the BCS computers see Boise State's schedule and Ohio State's schedule as similar in quality, and that's really all that matters in this system. And after Ohio State's recent performance in National Championship Games, Gee really looks like a hypocrite telling other schools that they don't deserve to be in the NCG.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

His point was that the overall level of competition in the Big Ten is far superior to that of the WAC. Even you can't deny that he's right in that respect.

And? Overall, the BCS computers see Boise State's schedule and Ohio State's schedule as similar in quality, and that's really all that matters in this system. And after Ohio State's recent performance in National Championship Games, Gee really looks like a hypocrite telling other schools that they don't deserve to be in the NCG.

You do know that in order to bitch about another schools performance in the NCG, your team must first make the NCG! At least Ohio State has won the National Championship many times and probably make it back to the National Championship Game before Boise State ever thinks about it in their head.

Edit: The last part about probably making back to the National Championship Game just hurt my stomach as I now have to throw up :puke:

None of that changes my point. A WAC schedule isn't as tough as a Big Ten schedule. Wisconsin's road to the BCS will be a much tougher road than will Boise State's. Do you seriously believe that Ohio State, Wisconsin, or Michigan State couldn't go undefeated playing the same schedule Boise has? Better yet, do you seriously believe that Boise would run roughshod over the Big Ten, Big XII, or SEC? Anyone one of those schedules doesn't allow for geeking up to play a big game to start the season, running off ten wins against a bunch of stiffs, and then loading up one more time to play a decent ranked team.

I'd like to see how Boise State would fare playing either one of these stretches on their schedule; Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Iowa...or....Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss. You're an idiot if you think Boise State has faced anything close to that this season.

BB52Big.jpg

Edit: The last part about probably making back to the National Championship Game just hurt my stomach as I now have to throw up :puke:

Have you noticed that "Lights Homer" has managed to get us to unite on the same side during Ohio State - Michigan week?

BB52Big.jpg

How Ohio State fared in previous NCGs with completely different rosters is irrelevant to the current conversation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Lights Out, Why are I so dedicated and die-hard about a team you've only been a fan of for four, maybe five years tops? I would maybe understand had you gone to school they're. But your ignorance towards the sport, and your addiction to Boise is really out of control.

6uXNWAo.png

Have you noticed that "Lights Homer" has managed to get us to unite on the same side during Ohio State - Michigan week?

That is possibly the scariest thing i've ever seen, to carry on the 5 year tradition on the boards

Ohio State Sucks, there I feel better :P

Boise State would be getting Big Ten money, Big Ten resources, Big Ten facilities, and Big Ten recruits if they were in the Big Ten. With all that, plus the amazing system and coaching they have now, they would at least compete in the Big Ten.

You'd think that, but you are mistaken good sir.

/Indiana'd

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And you do know that in order to bitch about a program that has won BCS bowls recently, your team must also have won BCS bowls recently, right?

How recent are we talking here? 2008 wasn't that long ago...

2007, before tOSU got curb stomped by Florida the Broncos were licking their wounds after a tough loss to East Carolina. I'd say of the two, the Gators were a much better team than the that year.

2008, the Broncos came up short again, this time against TCU, before tOSU fell to LSU. Once again, between TCU and LSU, who do you think was a better team that year? Not to mention that Michigan edged out Florida in Teebow's heisman season...Which would mean that Michigan does, in fact, have a recent bowl win :D

You had a point, the computers see the SOS as similar to tOSU's this year. Why did you have to go and shoot yourself in the foot by allowing us all to remember that Boise State has gone 2-3 in their last 5 bowl appearances to lower quality competition than both Ohio State and Michigan?

...and I'm on YOUR side!

And you do know that in order to bitch about a program that has won BCS bowls recently, your team must also have won BCS bowls recently, right?

It's almost like arguing with a pig, no point in debating you, as you know whatever is said it's going to be wrong. Point is you have no room to talk, Ohio State at least won the Rose Bowl the past year. Boise State is more like the Arizona State Sun Devils of the 60's and 70's. Sure they played tough, went with countless undefeated seasons. But they played in a bad conference and never won the National Championship. Until the Broncos go into a better conference, expect them to get spit on along the way as they will be nothing short of a good team in a bad conference

Pretty sure last year's Fiesta Bowl win and the 2007 Fiesta Bowl win are recent.

Also, how ironic: the man with the Brett Favre addiction is accusing others of having an addition. Funny, huh?

Then your two Bowl losses to inferior opposition is also recent. Whoops.

Today, we are all otaku.

Lights Out, Why are I so dedicated and die-hard about a team you've only been a fan of for four, maybe five years tops? I would maybe understand had you gone to school they're. But your ignorance towards the sport, and your addiction to Boise is really out of control.

That's the thing, it's great to be a fan and all but the guy thinks Boise State is flawless. And he's been a fan for about three weeks. I did go to Ohio State and I've been a Buckeyes fan my whole life but I'm still objective enough to see the weaknesses or problems with my team. All of us, with the exception of "Lights Homer" are. He just doesn't seem to understand how being such an irredeemable homer really hurts his arguments.

The fact is that Boise State is going udefeated playing a weak-ass schedule and they're still ranked in the top five in the country. Somehow that just isn't good enough for this guy. The #1 and #2 teams definitely deserve to be in front of Boise. That's not even up for debate.

BB52Big.jpg

Pretty sure last year's Fiesta Bowl win and the 2007 Fiesta Bowl win are recent.

Also, how ironic: the man with the Brett Favre addiction is accusing others of having an addition. Funny, huh?

Then your two Bowl losses to inferior opposition is also recent. Whoops.

I guess going 2-4 in the last 6 Bowls isn't anything to laugh at either.

That's the thing, it's great to be a fan and all but the guy thinks Boise State is flawless. And he's been a fan for about three weeks. I did go to Ohio State and I've been a Buckeyes fan my whole life but I'm still objective enough to see the weaknesses or problems with my team. All of us, with the exception of "Lights Homer" are. He just doesn't seem to understand how being such an irredeemable homer really hurts his arguments.

The fact is that Boise State is going udefeated playing a :censored: schedule and they're still ranked in the top five in the country. Somehow that just isn't good enough for this guy. The #1 and #2 teams definitely deserve to be in front of Boise. That's not even up for debate.

This I can agree with, i've been a diehard Michigan fan all my life and I am a graduate of Arizona State, but I don't see them as flawless like "Lights Homer" does. He feels to tell everyone that Kellen Moore is greater than Jesus and that Boise State is greater than god. You wonder why you get so much flack. Red and I should be talking about how much we hate each other's respected teams, but yet we have a common enemy. The fact that Boise State is not the greatest team to ever live.

Archived