2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Well, hopefully Boise makes up for it by winning by 45 in the Georgia Dome. :D

Before anyone calls me a homer, obviously Boise is not going to win by 45 unless Georgia turns out to be really bad next year. I'd just settle for a win. But it's a tad early to make predictions, I'm just focused on this season.

That ship sailed 2300 posts ago dude.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankee Stadium is hosting a game too and it will host more.

However, this will be the last football game Wrigley Field ever sees, with all the logistical problems. However, if this game was in Evanston would anyone care? Would Game Day be there? I for one can't wait to see the game and see how the one endzone effects the game, it will be an interesting day to say the least.

No, not a chance. It's two middle of the road Big Ten teams playing. Unless Illinois has a really good football team, there's a lot of people that don't care. And most people don't care about NU football at all. It's two good teams (even that's debateable after we lost to Minnesota last week) playing a "rivalry" game where the winner gets a trophy of Abe Lincoln's hat.

That being said, Go Illini! Get your bowl eligibility today.

It's a bronzed Monopoly token. Glued to a coaster because that's classy and :censored: . Get it right.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK, going to avoid taking the obivous troll bait here...

For those who do care, Division II and Division III begin their playoffs today with first round games across the nation and the FCS starting their postseason next weekend.

If you're a fan of the little guys, this is a good time.

I realized today is awesome if your a fan of classic, old time football. There's the Harvard-Yale game on now, football at Wrigley at 3:30 (to see how much of a disaster that turns out to be), and Army-Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium. It's like a blast from the past all day if you really want to watch all of it

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

This Wrigley Field Game is figgen awesome. I just wish they kicked in the East endzone after defensive TDs. It would be fun to see balls land on Sheffield.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And why not kick the extra point over there on the PAT? Last time I checked an extra point didn't involve anyone leaving the back side of the endzone.

There's always the possibility of a 2-point conversion.

6uXNWAo.png

This Wrigley Field Game is figgen awesome. I just wish they kicked in the East endzone after defensive TDs. It would be fun to see balls land on Sheffield.

At first I figured that it would annoy me, but now I really don't mind it. This is pretty cool, and a good game too.

Mikel Leshoure put on a show at Wrigley. He set the Illinois single game rushing recored and his 330 yards were the most in the FBS this year. Add on Nathan Scheelhaase and Jason Ford and the Illini racked up 519 yards on the ground today. They'll take Lincoln's bronze hat back to Champaign with their first trip to a bowl game since the Rose Bowl three years ago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

In other news, the Cam Newton scandal is officially out of control.

If even one-half of all the information compiled in that thread is true, Auburn is screwed for over a decade, their status as an SEC school is in deep danger, and there's even rumblings that their accreditation would be in danger (although I find it hard to believe that the accreditation would be taken away).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Damn... If, like you said, half of the info is true then Auburn is going to suffer big time. One wonders could the NCAA bust out it's nuke for this situation since Auburn could be considered a 'repeat offender' for the previous probation period.... Hmmm.

Another tough loss for Iowa. That's the fourth time this season they've let one get away in the last four minutes of a game. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to see the Buckeyes step up and win the game but I honestly do feel bad for Iowa. It's hard to root against a team that has 26 seniors who are all on schedule to graduate. They played a solid game but they just couldn't close it out.

Ohio State did the job in the clutch. Maybe Iowa didn't close but you still have to be good enough to take advantage and Ohio State did just that. I was impressed by the way the defense toughened up when they needed to and the offense got the job done when it mattered. Nice win for my guys today.

BB52Big.jpg

Well, we know Boise State opens next year 0-1, there's no way they can beat a team from an elite conference.

Keep this post around for next season when Boise State makes you eat these words buddy, I'll have the crow on a platter for you.

spacer.png

Well, we know Boise State opens next year 0-1, there's no way they can beat a team from an elite conference.

Keep this post around for next season when Boise State makes you eat these words buddy, I'll have the crow on a platter for you.

Don't feed the trolls.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

New BCS Top Ten

10. Michigan State

9. Oklahoma State

8. Ohio State

7. Wisconsin

6. Stanford

5. LSU

4. Boise State

3. TCU

2. Auburn

1. Oregon

Not much changes, but look at this: Three of the top ten are from the Big Ten.

Archived