Los Angeles Angels

Lights Out

angels1.png

angels2.png

angels3.png

angelscap.png

The Angels have a great logo and identity now, but the color scheme is horrid - red-on-red is not exactly pleasant on the eyes, and the other uniforms look boring. I felt the old Disney color scheme was much more balanced and also looked more angelic. However, I used a different, darker shade of red than the Angels used during the late '90s. I also removed the bevel effect from the script and cap logo. I felt a powder blue road uniform made sense here because of the color scheme. The periwinkle blue alternate features the cap logo in lieu of the script, but I chose to imitate the number placement that Miami uses on their white vests, as this number placement isn't currently used in the majors and I think it looks unique. The hat features the cap logo, and also the return of the halo that the Angels wore during their first few years of existence.

BTW, those things near the collar on the home and road are the wings from the Angels' late 60's to early 70's logo. I felt that they could pull off shoulder wings just as well as Oregon football does.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like the light blue trim instead of dark blue. Looks sharp. But the wings on the shoulders have got to go.

I'm not sure how I feel about the light blue alt. And I'm not crazy about the light blue cap brim, but that's just me.

The wings look too close to the 70s White Sox abominations. Also, the periwinkle is just way too light to be a primary color with red, especially with the now bevel-less cap logo getting lost at distance.

VmWIn6B.png

Shouldn't the wings be, ya know, on the players' backs?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

^ I was trying to imitate how Oregon's football team has wings on the shoulders:

oregon.jpg

Hence why they're there and not on the back.

I might just get rid of the wings when I revise the concept.

A quick word of advice. When looking for design ideas, avoid referencing the Oregon Ducks. Consistently the worst uniforms in sports.

A complete mishmash of bad ideas giftwrapped in an incoherent color scheme and duct-tape numbers.

I also think the wings should go on the back. Try having them flank the back jersey number. The shoulders work for the Ducks because of the way a duck is put together. An angel, on the other hand, has mostly human anatomy, so you need to reference that.

The baseball uniform is not a football jersey that is why the wings don't work. I do have a few suggestions, one would be to move the wings to the sleeves in the form of a patch. Another would be to perhaps move them to the back shoulders around the name plate. I am not a fan of the baby blue. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Maybe a good option would be to use old gold in the halo and increase its use in the rest of the uni. NOW I do like the reintroduction of the halo on the hats. I always loved that look from the past.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

That's a lot better, works well, and I personally like it

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

That actually looks really good.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I give you an "A" for creativity.

I think the wings are too gimicky, however. I do agree that the red is played-out, and the only reason the Anaheim Angels use it is because Phoenix Arte Moreno of Tuscon has Los Angeles penis envy and a massive inferiority complex to the Dodgers, and thus wants to be "LA's" (see: Orange County's) "RED" team.

I do like the "halo" on the cap concept. It's one of those classic, unique ideas used by MLB teams such as this:AAAADCpi_vcAAAAAABnAkQ.jpg and this: 1969pil.jpg

My favorite Angels set was probably their most "streamlined" set, (the mid 1990's California Angels dark blue and red set), but I also LOVED the short-loved lower case "A": lowercase-angels.jpeg

Keep up the good work! The wings gotta go though.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Minus the wings and the light blue bill, I'd totally accept this.

The light blue is a great complement to the red and the gold halo. Love the gold halo.

Take off the wings and make the hat all red, then I would call it perfect.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Archived