bluejackets concept

lenardo

decided to take a break from my football concepts and do a hockey one. i know its a little clustered in the back but i thought the bluejackets logo would be perfect for this-

bluejackets1.png

C&C please

maehl.png

I like where you're going, but there's a lot of room to improve. First, I would add shoulder logos and something to the right sleeve. Also, I'm not sure about the back. It reminds me of the late-90s home run derby uniforms. Maybe move the whole flag down so you can fit the name above the numbers.

With some work though this could look really awesome!

This is definitely heading in a good direction. I never would have thought to swoop the flag around the sweater. But, as mbannon said previously, this uniform still needs some tweaks. Shoulder patches would be a very nice touch, along with numbers. Maybe use the star and flag logo they have currently. As far as the name and numbers, I like what you're doing, but the flag would have to be smaller and moved down for sure. I don't really have a problem with the name plate being placed vertically, just so there's not as much clutter and that the name and numbers have some space on the uniform. The helmet I feel needs to be all white on this one. Having a blue helmet with a white sweater isn't very "NHL styled". Last but not least, try to figure a different arm striping pattern. I feel these geometric stripes don't flow with an organic flag. Try something more flowing on the arms.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I like where you're going, but there's a lot of room to improve. First, I would add shoulder logos and something to the right sleeve. Also, I'm not sure about the back. It reminds me of the late-90s home run derby uniforms. Maybe move the whole flag down so you can fit the name above the numbers.

With some work though this could look really awesome!

i see what youre saying, ill try my best to put it together

maehl.png

alright, i know theres only been a little feedback but its been very good and i feel i could put a quick update to the concept. Wildwinger 88- i went with the white helmet and took your advice on the sleeves and made them more wavy like a flag and i must say, it looks very good in my opinion. as for patches, i put one on the blank sleeve but i dont know if i like having one on one sleeve and not on the other. on the back i made the flag a little smaller and i cant really decide if its still too much. so here it is

bluejackets2.png

maehl.png

This is looking better...you're logo looks distorted though. I feel like it's supposed to be a circle.

it probably is a little distorted but it origanally is supposed to be an oval

maehl.png

This is looking better...you're logo looks distorted though. I feel like it's supposed to be a circle.

it probably is a little distorted but it origanally is supposed to be an oval

Personally, I would make the logo circular (or close to it), put it on each shoulder, and put the number on the right sleeve.

here's a question: why does the flag have to curve downward? you could free up a lot of space on the back if the flag simply tapers along the bottom, perhaps even becoming the hemline stripe. That would allow the numbers to be in normal places on the back, the flag to disappear without looking like it's stuffed into the pants, etc.

Also, throw some sleeve numbers on that.

Oh, and the socks, it's nowhere near the level of the rest of the jersey. Considering that the cloth patterns have never been used like that, and i don't even know why the exist like that, it's just kinda lame. How about you make them match the sleeve stripe, waviness and all?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

here is the next update-

bluejackets3.png

hockey week-i made the socks have wavy stripes and put sleeve numbers where i could but the back of the flag curves the way it does because thats the way the actual logo curves.

tentomushi5150- i like your idea but when i put it together it looked very clutered and hard to read

maehl.png

here is the next update-

bluejackets3.png

hockey week-i made the socks have wavy stripes and put sleeve numbers where i could but the back of the flag curves the way it does because thats the way the actual logo curves.

tentomushi5150- i like your idea but when i put it together it looked very clutered and hard to read

fair enough. I like the update. You could move the stripes more towards the middle of the socks, but that's not a real big deal (sock templates are deceiving). It's a definite turn-ahead-the-clock look, and for what it is, I like it (and this is coming from a raving traditionalist)

I just noticed some of the other updates you did, and I wanted to comment. The shoulder patch on the sleeve with the stripes is unnecessary. Now it looks cluttered. You had that right the first time. Maybe put sleeve numbers there? They'd be smaller than you have them.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The socks and sleeve stripes are great, and I like how the flag looks on the front of your jersey... on the flip-side, the back looks very odd how it currently is, and the sleeves might actually look better plain. Just throw some numbers on the arms and let it be. The attention will be drawn to all the great aspects of the uniform, which will stand out against the starkness of the plain white background.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

i like that last update. the socks look so good. so do the jerseys. nice job man.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Archived