San Diego Padres Concept

rroy0824

so this is my first concept that i have posted here, and its for the San Diego Padres. I don't really like the uniforms they have now, so i wanted to see if i could make something better. this is really just a few changes that i did to some of the stuff that they already have.

Frist the logos:

Card0.jpg

the main logo is just one of the old one just recolored and with a new script. The new script is the old one with some changes, the wave is gone and the script is more curved and on a slant. the hat logo is the same as it was. I also added a light/powder blue.

Uniforms:

Card1.jpg

Changed some things on the home uniforms, added the new script, and added a piping. I changed the roads to a gray instead of the sand color. Then i added a powder blue home alternate, and a dark blue road alternate

Spring Training:

Card2.jpg

So what do you think? Do you like it? Do you hate it? How can i improve it?

I like it, but if the Padres update their uniforms, I hope they return to the brown and yellow combination.

I agree. Brown and yellow is the way for them to go.

Anyway. I like this idea, but I am not a fan of the padres adding light blue. I dont like the "Padres" on the road uniforms.

Also, why does the primary (and secondary for that matter) have pinstripes, if the uniforms aren't pinstriped?

I understand that you are sort of mixing two eras, and I really think that idea has great potential, but the uniforms from the same era as the pinstriped aspect of the primary, had pinstripes.

I think clearing a few things up this could be a pretty good concept.

RockiesSig.png

Also, why does the primary (and secondary for that matter) have pinstripes, if the uniforms aren't pinstriped?

I understand that you are sort of mixing two eras, and I really think that idea has great potential, but the uniforms from the same era as the pinstriped aspect of the primary, had pinstripes.

I didn't even notice or think about that. Its a good point and it is something that i will have to fix. Thanks.

I like these, but I'd still like to see them continue to use the camo uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I actually like the light blue in the Padres concept you used. I think yellow and brown aren't that great of color combination.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I like these, but I'd still like to see them continue to use the camo uniforms.

i did think of that and i was going to post them, but i wasn't sure if i liked them or not, but here they are, along with the pinstripe uniforms

Card3.jpg

I actually like the light blue in the Padres concept you used. I think yellow and brown aren't that great of color combination.

thanks a lot

Yeah, those look great. I think they'll keep wearing some version of the camo unis even if they switch the overall uniform scheme. That's just not something they'll get rid of easily.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Padres would probably look good in brown and sand full time.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'd like to see you do something a little different with the text inside the circles of the primary and alternate marks. While I understand that you're shooting for similarity with SD's previous designs, they look a bit out of balance to me. Maybe use a font that more closely echoes the digits on the uniform?

Speaking of balance, the "P" in Padres feels to me like it's just falling off the left side of the word. The pinstriped concept seems to give it a better sense of balance than the white or the gray. If you want to keep the solid-color uniforms, I might suggest making the arc path that "Padres" is written on a little less extreme.

I like what you're doing with the blues, although I think the double-blue is starting to get played out as a fad. I'd like to see what it looks like in the brown/orange/yellow/gold colors for the hell of it.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I like it, but if the Padres update their uniforms, I hope they return to the brown and yellow combination.

I agree. The uniforms lose appeal when there are so many teams in professional sports who look similar. Ex. Milwaukee and San Diego's current duds. The brown and gold combination could be re-done and done very well, in my opinion.

I like it, although I feel it might look too much like the rays. Still a good look though. Also, I think that the Padres will more than likely replace the outdated Desert BDU camouflage with one of the newer patterns, since the BDU pattern is no longer in service. Here's the ones currently in service with the US military.

Army ACUPAT:

COLOURlovers.com-ACUPAT.png

Army MultiCam (For soldiers deployed in Afghanistan):

crye_multicam.jpg

Marines MARPAT (Desert, Woodland, Urban):

MARPAT_desert_pattern.jpgmarpat-pattern-woodland.jpgd_550.jpg

Navy Working Uniform:

USA_Navy_digital_exp_pattern.jpg

Air Force Airman Battle Uniform:

ABU_camouflage.jpg

The Pads would probably go with either the Marine or Navy uniforms, and I personally would rather see them go with one that matches their actual uniforms more closely so that they don't need a whole second set of hats, socks, belts, etc. I think that the Urban MARPAT uniform, or the Naval uniform are the best options.

Anubis.png

I would love to see the Padres implement digicam uniforms.

Can't say I'm a fan of this one at all. Not because it doesn't look good, because it does, but it looks identical to the Rays current set. Plain white home and gray away jerseys with navy blue piping, a powder blue alternate and a navy alternate, all with navy caps. The only thing different is that this has an alternate cap with a light blue bill. Even the BP jersey is the exact same.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived