NFL Concepts

LetsGoOakland9

I will probably turn this thread into an NFL series, but for now it's just the Raiders.

I know the silver & black jerseys are a classic and have a lot of history, but recently it's been losing history. The Raiders have made a lot of changes this year and are looking to finally get back into contention in the AFC West, so with the new era of Raiders football comes a new jersey design. I kept the look classic and simple, but at the same time modern. I don't really need to explain the changes because you can see them for yourselves.

Raiders_Concept_Home.jpg

Raiders_Concept_Away.jpg

I always felt that the Raiders were too plain and missing something. You found it for them. Great concept!

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

These look pretty nice. The silver numbers are always a great part of any Raiders concept. The one thing I don't like is the double outline on the numbers, just a single outline would look just better.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

These look pretty nice. The silver numbers are always a great part of any Raiders concept. The one thing I don't like is the double outline on the numbers, just a single outline would look just better.

Yeah I agree, one outline on the numbers would make this concept look even better.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

i like some of the elements here, namely the pants stripe. however, this looks like something generic thatd youd see on a high school team. I think that there should be something on the uniform that a high school coach couldnt order in a catalog.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I changed the numbers to a single outline, and made the wordmark and TV numbers smaller. I also added an alternate with black pants.

Raiders_Concept_Home-1.jpg

Raiders_Concept_Away-1.jpg

Raiders_Concept_Alt.jpg

and here's a black facemask

Raiders_Concept_Blackmask.jpg

personally I like the silver better but I'll let the people decide. So do you like the silver or black facemask better?

I think a black facemask works better with the overall concept. I agree with HarperK, I think you should add an element that is more creative than what you are doing. So far, most of your concepts are generic. That's not really a bad thing, but I think you have more potential to be creative with your designs.

Punch9

When you look at the Jags logo, you wouldn't think teal is their main color. In my concept I made teal the third (fourth if you count white) color. I kept the same basic design because I really like it (think I may be in the minority here). i made a few changes that I think make it better. i went back to the old number font too.

Jaguars_Concept_Home.jpg

Jaguars_Concept_Away.jpg

These are the two primary jersey sets, but they could also wear solid black or solid white.

I'm not absolutely in love with this concept, but I figured it's a good start and I'd post it and let you guys help me with some ideas to make it even better. The main thing I'm having trouble with is if I should even include the minimal amounts of teal in the jersey design.

I hate the striping on the Jags, but that's a personal preference thing. The one change i DO recommend is removing the logo from the pants. It would end up becoming a butt-logo, and probably be about as panned as Idaho's was.

This excerpt from UniWatch on ESPN should tell you what I'm getting at

? Idaho's new uniforms, duly noted in Uni Watch's previous column, had a, uh, unique design element that wasn't apparent until the team took the field for its first game: a butt logo. Apparently the school's fans didn't know about it beforehand either, and they were none too thrilled once they saw it (although Boise State fans were rather amused). Now, after several days of controversy, the school has just announced that the logo will be removed.

seen in context here http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080904

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

here i got to say i think there is a little too much white and by far not enough teal. i feel that the teal is really what makes the jags unique. but i agree, i too like the design

maehl.png

here's my Jags update. I changed up the design a lot. Personally I really like it but idk what you guys will say about this very untraditional design. I made teal prominent in the color scheme again, but kept the main colors black and white. Like the first concept, I used the Jags old font.

Jaguars_Concept2_Home.jpg

Jaguars_Concept2_Away.jpg

Just liek my first Jags concept, these are the primary jersey sets, but they can wear solid black or solid white as well. I didnt include socks but they'll be black both home and away.

I really like the first one.

The second one is definitely not traditional. I really like the nameplate below the numbers. The whole thing has a nike college jersey feel, think miami football, but i think you really made it look like it belongs in the nfl. the only gripe i have has to do with the striping across the stomach. i'm not sure i really like the idea of a wordmark or logo on a players stomach. also, i think it would look a lot better with a wordmark or logo as opposed the team name in the same font as the nob. but i would consider dropping that bottom strip altogether

I think this a creative idea, i'm looking forward to some more concepts from you.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

I really like that whole second Jaguars concept (especially the non-traditional NOB under the number), but two things:

1. The home should be teal. Black would be good as an alternate, but I just think teal looks good for the Jaguars.

2. On the bottom teal strip, you should use the Jaguars' current wordmark and try to curve the strip to match the curve in the wordmark.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I actually like the first one better, but there's a few things I'd like to see combined:

-The pant stripe on the second one is pretty spiffy, I'd add them to the first set; and if you can incorperate that pattern into the first jersey's striping, you'd have something.

-Diggin' the jaguar w/ shield logo above the numbers on the second one, throw that above the NOB on the first and you'd have a winner.

-Bring back the teal! Ditch the black home and use teal ad the primary home color. Also, I'd love to see the return of the 'triple outlines' for the numbers.

Archived