Rams Tell Warner He'll Be Cut June 1

STL FANATIC

The Rams have apparently told Kurt Warner he will be cut on June 1. This is being reported by the local news stations. An unnamed source told them. His agent sounded like it was about a 95% chance he'd be gone next year. The agent is seeking permission from the NFL to talk to teams now about Warner's future.

I'm very interested in Warner's future, for that will now be my team to root for, likely, until Martz is fired.

This is utter crap. You don't lose your job to injury unless your backup takes you all the way, and Bulger didn't even come close. This is terrible. Martz once again lied since he said repeatedly there would be a competition. How good was the franchise Vermiel built if it's taken Martz this long to ruin it?

I cant call this a bad move. One of the two QBs had to go for the good of themselves and the team. Warner has seemed injury prone and is older, and Bulger was Pro Bowl MVP what ever that means.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I wish Warner the best of luck. He's a class guy. Someone will get him.

Maybe San Diego? It would leave them with a lot more options in the draft. They could then pick up a guy like Gallery if theyb could move down to 2 or 3.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey, thanks for the Super Bowl trips Kurt! Here's the door!

Mike Martz can go run his team into the ground for all I care.

Just how I feel. And he is. It is really something for me to take a break from one of my teams, but I just can't root for this organization the way they are handling things.

I keep seeing that SB XXIV TD where Warner passes deep to Bruce, and then Bruce runs it a ways for the TD. Both Warner and Bruce can still play at that level.

Of course the Rams organization now has the number one QB and WR as Bulger and Holt respectively. Hmm...

If it weren't for Warner, this team wouldn't be where it was. Not to take anything away from Trent Green, cuz he probably could have done this, but he got hurt, and we could have had a crummy backup, but we had Kurt. Prior seasons you couldn't give away Rams tickets. Then Green and the Rams looked like they had something. Then came the injury, and people were pessimistic again. Then, because of Kurt, the fans came, and all kinds of other stuff. I have to say that I don't think St. Louis wins that Sports City of the Year award if not for Kurt.

Man Martz...why...

I feel for you, man. This is pretty much like Brady being sidelined with an injury for a little while and some decent backup plays well and the we send off Brady. It makes no sense, but you really can't relate until you apply the situation to your own team.

Makes you wish the got rid of Martz and hired Lovie.

I feel for you, man. This is pretty much like Brady being sidelined with an injury for a little while and some decent backup plays well and the we send off Brady. It makes no sense, but you really can't relate until you apply the situation to your own team.

I was hoping for that actually...

I personally would have kept Bledsoe over Brady, but Brady got his job due to injury in a legit way, just like Warner originally did. They took FULL advantage of the oppurtunity by winning it all. To lose your job to injury to an inferior QB who scrapes by in the regular season and plays terrible in the playoffs is horrible. At least he was the Pro Bowl MVP though, right?

Yeah which would make Bulger a hot commotity along with 2 decent running backs in a certain league...but I won't go there. :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Warner's time has passed. He came in blazin', in a blazin' system. He's cooled off. It happens. The rest of the league caught up with him and the Rams.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I predict Warners tries to latch on somewhere, and never has the kind of success he already has. That guy was a flare.. brilliant and bright for a short time, now cold, dark ashes on the pavement. Bulger is the young growth QB for the franchise. Warner won't look that good ever again.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

There is something wrong with Warner, either physically, mentally or both that is hindering his ability to repeat his Super Bowl success in St. Louis. Perhaps a change of scenery will re-start his career and I certainly hope that happens. I liked Kurt Warner as a person (he used to live across the street from a guy that I worked with and he confirmed Kurt is absolutely 100% the real deal) and as a player, but something is holding him back. Add to the mix his meddling wife who is a media whore (settle down, just a figure of speech and nothing more) and you've got a situation where the Rams had to figure out what carries the best odds of being the right move for the future. I think this move will work well, especially if they can do a trade this week and move up to draft Phillip Rivers. I hope the move works out well for Kurt and the Rams.

[subliminal scripting] Well, I'm not going to debate as to whether Warner has or hasn't been an asset to the Rams, or whether he has or hasn't been treated fairly through his injuries. I just hope that he lands somewhere where he'll fit in a role that appropriate for him" [/subliminal scripting]

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I'm thinking what NFL team has a need for Warner. I'm thinking possibly Da Raiduhs, the Chargers, the Steelers....

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

I feel for you, man.  This is pretty much like Brady being sidelined with an injury for a little while and some decent backup plays well and the we send off Brady.  It makes no sense, but you really can't relate until you apply the situation to your own team.

I was hoping for that actually...

I personally would have kept Bledsoe over Brady, but Brady got his job due to injury in a legit way, just like Warner originally did. They took FULL advantage of the oppurtunity by winning it all. To lose your job to injury to an inferior QB who scrapes by in the regular season and plays terrible in the playoffs is horrible. At least he was the Pro Bowl MVP though, right?

it's 2004, and i still try to tell myself it's allright, the bad man wearing #12 will go away one day :cry:

meh, two titles and i still hate the guy...in a case of me having a place in my heart for the Patriots yet i'm also a Bradyhater. maybe i need counseling :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The fact that Warner played quite well at times in the last preseason is enough to convince me that he's still the player he was 4 years ago. Yeah he's rusty, the guy hasn't gotten into many games lately. He may in fact be damaged goods, but I think two Super Bowl trips in the last 6 years earns him the right to at least compete for his job, and not have it taken from him while he was injured and never given a decent shot to get it back.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Nobody is taking his job away. He is going to be the number one QB for some NFL team this fall and if he's not it's because the Rams were right and he just doesn't have the ability to be a starter in the NFL anymore. He's simply getting an opportunity to go somewhere that he can compete for the starting position. I'm really tired of all of the talk that the Rams are taking bread off of the Warner table - if the guy still has it, then he's going to be an extremely valuable commodity in one of 31 other cities this fall. And let's not forget that Kurt Warner got to keep his starting job even after the guy he replaced was cleared to play. In that case the Rams didn't even give him the ability to control his own destiny - they simply traded him without giving him a choice as to where he would best fit! Again, I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Kurt. The guy is golden - really, I believe that. However his apparent lingering injuries and/or psychological condition plus his wife's obnoxious antics have created a taint with the Rams organization that will best be remedied by allowing him to get a fresh start with a new organization that I hope will give hiim a chance to flourish.

I STL. how you put unless the qb leads you all the way to the Super Bowl. Becuase it is hypocritical of you to complain about Warner losing his job to injury when that is how he got his job. Trent Green would have won the Super Bowl with the Rams, maybe even 2. Right now, I would take Green over Warner.

To me Kurt Warner is the most overrated QB in the game. Marshall Faulk is the reason why the Rams won a Super Bowl, and not giving him the ball and putting it in the hands of Warner is the reason they lost the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner is a decent QB, not a good one. He was a good story confused with a good quarterback.

I don't think Buldger is that great either, they need to get a good QB in there. They also need a ned coach, because along with Warner, Martx is the most overrated coach in the game.

I STL. how you put unless the qb leads you all the way to the Super Bowl. Becuase it is hypocritical of you to complain about Warner losing his job to injury when that is how he got his job. Trent Green would have won the Super Bowl with the Rams, maybe even 2. Right now, I would take Green over Warner.

To me Kurt Warner is the most overrated QB in the game. Marshall Faulk is the reason why the Rams won a Super Bowl, and not giving him the ball and putting it in the hands of Warner is the reason they lost the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner is a decent QB, not a good one. He was a good story confused with a good quarterback.

I don't think Buldger is that great either, they need to get a good QB in there. They also need a ned coach, because along with Warner, Martx is the most overrated coach in the game.

There is absolutely no way you can say he was overrated the year they won the Super Bowl. That may have been one of the best seasons for a Qb in the past 15-20 years. He was absolutely amazing that year and Faulk was along for the ride.

Archived