Houston Texans color scheme change idea

Panhead1

The brown/tan-gold looks nice but most of you are missing the main reason they CAN NOT change and use that logo. The steer/bull/whatever is a tweak on the Texas state flag. You can't change the colors.

Texas-flag.gif

570.gif

87Redskins.png

The brown/tan-gold looks nice but most of you are missing the main reason they CAN NOT change and use that logo. The steer/bull/whatever is a tweak on the Texas state flag. You can't change the colors.

Texas-flag.gif

570.gif

Then they should somehow tweak the eye so it's not a star.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Texas-flag.gif

570.gif

You mean the star that also appears on the Texas state flag, signifying its nickname of the "Lone Star State"? You're a genius.

All Houston needs to do is emphasize red more, and keep their current scheme. End of convo.

This is hilarious!

So I've actually been working on a Houston concept for a couple weeks now, but I got behind. And I'm actually going with more of a red-dominant scheme, because right now they're too close to the Pats and Bills, IMO. I'll post it hopefully soon.

Since everyone seems to be jumping on the Houston concepts, I guess great minds think alike. Either that, or we're all morons and dumb minds must therefore also think alike. :)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Texas-flag.gif

570.gif

You mean the star that also appears on the Texas state flag, signifying its nickname of the "Lone Star State"? You're a genius.

I do understand that the star appears on the Texas state flag. I personally don't think Houston should be using the Texas flag colors. Look at the Astros, they have brick and sand as primary colors. I'm saying the Texans should ditch the star and change the colors to something different.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Is Favre a color? If it is, the Vikings should recolor their unis to mono-Favre.

Favre is a color - it's what you get when you mix "ego" and "douchebag."

Can I see a color swatch?

Personally, and this is just me... but I think this would clash terribly with Purple.

Untitled-1-9.jpg

northstars.jpg

Texas-flag.gif

570.gif

I do understand that the star appears on the Texas state flag. I personally don't think Houston should be using the Texas flag colors. Look at the Astros, they have brick and sand as primary colors. I'm saying the Texans should ditch the star and change the colors to something different.

The Astros aren't named the Texans.

Texas-flag.gif

570.gif

Just because you're named the 'Texans' doesn't mean your logo must include a representation of the Texas state flag. See AFL's Dallas Texans.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Texas-flag.gif

570.gif

Just because you're named the 'Texans' doesn't mean your logo must include a representation of the Texas state flag. See AFL's Dallas Texans.

No, it's not a law. But, it's a pretty natural thing. You'd have a better case in this specific instance, if the Texans didn't have such a beautiful logo, and overall look.

As promised, here's the Texans concept I was working on. It's basic, but gets them away from the Bills and Pats look.

More red!

houston.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

No.. Obviously the red and blue are for the Texas state flag and considering that Texas isn't exactly "western" geographically, this idea doesn't make sense.

Sorry man, but Texas is part of the 'American West'. Yes, there are places further west geographically, but Texas typifies 'West' when it comes to evoking thought.

Texas is big. Houston is too humid and Southern to be "Wild West."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As promised, here's the Texans concept I was working on. It's basic, but gets them away from the Bills and Pats look.

More red!

houston.png

If the Texans keep blue, red, and white they should at least switch to those uniforms. They should have used the white helmet to begin with.

Archived