Favorite Baseball Uniforms

north dakota

On a side note, I feel like someone posts a "MY FAVORITE UNIFORM" thread once every few months. Maybe we could create a dedicated FAVORITE FOOTBALL UNIFORM, FAVORITE BASEBALL UNIFORM, etc. threads that would sort of consolidate all of these?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I love the Brewers alternates that they wear now...these were their best:

09F.jpg

ujbN2LkZ.jpg

601_PS7616.jpg

Yes! Someone who agrees with me. If they just cleaned up that admittedly clunky Brewers script and maybe gave the hats yellow brims to set them off from the Cubs a little more, that's what they should be wearing today.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes! Someone who agrees with me. If they just cleaned up that admittedly clunky Brewers script and maybe gave the hats yellow brims to set them off from the Cubs a little more, that's what they should be wearing today.

IMO you need a solid color cap with the pinstripe unis. It just doesn't look right with a different colored brim. A yellow brimmed cap could work well with the road uni, but I am against having two caps. I agree with you that this look is great and 1000x better than what the Brewers wear now.

As for my all-time favorites:

White Sox home and road

Indians 90's all combos (perfection in my mind)

Mariners teal

Original Marlins look with aqua caps

Brewers early 90s home and road

Orioles 90s home and black

Blue Jays championship years all combos

Braves road with normal cap

Reds 90s road pinstripes

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm so glad that this thread has remained classy, and hasn't degraded into a contest of "Who Can Come up With the Most Hideous/Absurd/Outrageous Uniform" ... Getting sooo tired of people trying to one-up each other in the Favorite NHL/NBA Uniform threads...

It gets obnoxious for people like us who genuinely love the aesthetics of sports when people come into these threads and try to one-up each other with the most horrible logos/unis/color schemes imaginable.

So again, gentlemen, thank you.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I'm so glad that this thread has remained classy, and hasn't degraded into a contest of "Who Can Come up With the Most Hideous/Absurd/Outrageous Uniform" ... Getting sooo tired of people trying to one-up each other in the Favorite NHL/NBA Uniform threads...

It gets obnoxious for people like us who genuinely love the aesthetics of sports when people come into these threads and try to one-up each other with the most horrible logos/unis/color schemes imaginable.

So again, gentlemen, thank you.

Do you realize that people are entitled to their opinions? Just because you may not agree with others' opinions doesn't mean that you are right and they are idiots. Some of those people you are calling obnoxious are the veterans of this forum. You don't need to agree with them, but be respectful towards them. You haven't proven to me or anyone else that you are a respectful person.

Do you realize that people are entitled to their opinions? Just because you may not agree with others' opinions doesn't mean that you are right and they are idiots. Some of those people you are calling obnoxious are the veterans of this forum. You don't need to agree with them, but be respectful towards them. You haven't proven to me or anyone else that you are a respectful person.

First and foremost, let's get something out of the way - I have not made any statements indicating that I am "right", and my opinion is the "end all, be all." Secondly, I do not name call. I am an adult, and I do not believe in ad-hominem attacks, so your assumption that I am calling people "idiots" is without merit.

And yes, perhaps I have called a "veteran" of this forum obnoxious at some point, but if they have an issue with my opinion, I'm certain they can handle taking it up with me. I didn't register an account here until June of this year, and I noticed you didn't register one until July - so this makes us both "rookies" (you more than me), and thus I don't think you have any more right to call me out than I do others.

Furthermore, it appears that you are more outraged with my position that people are just posting the most hideous uniforms possible (and then claiming they're great) in a collective "One-Upping" Contest, then I am with the aforementioned peacocking.

Just my $0.02.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Padres Throwbacks

Not sure if they were posted yet but they are my favorites

I've always been fond of brown as a primary color in sports... be it the Cleveland (or St. Louis) Browns, old-school Padres, original Broncos, or otherwise, I think they look great.

Same goes for green and yellow (Packers, A's, et al.) and purple and gold (Lakers, throwback Kings)... It's a shame BFBS has taken over and there's not more unique colors in the Big Four these days.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived