Dilemma...

Braden

Okay... I am trying to put together an identity set for the Mississauga Mighty, my proposal for the ULL (Lacrosse) Expansion. I originally had the colours stated as Navy, Orange and Silver.

See... the problem is that I'm not very good at logo design. I had trouble with Orange, so in my 1st draft logo, I changed it to graphite (ok you can stop cringing now).

Here is my 1st stab at creating a logo for the team proposal:

mighty.gif

Can anyone help me improve this concept / have ideas for a new one?

As always, don't be shy, just click "Reply"!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Ummm, well, you might try choosing a "mighty" animal (such as an elephant, rhinoceros, or a really ripped ferret) and making that your mascot, and then creating a logo around him (or her, if your playing that fantasy women's lacrosse... being fantasy lacrosse played by women, not lacrosse being played by fantasy women).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like it.. it is very clean, sturdy, and bold.

I like the graphite, but do you want suggestions on how to integrate the orange?

I would kill the maple leaf, it is completely unnessesary. Maybe put MIGHTY under the M

I think this is well done. You shouldn't be so hard on yrouself. Your design is fine!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I don't think it's bad for a logo. If you want advice on getting the 'Mighty' theme more prominant, my suggestion is work with the M. try some design making it larger, more angular (or a different font) to make it seem more powerful. perhaps if you make it bigger, have the edges of it overlap on the border of the shield (becarefull with that one)

Hope its not too much or too drastic. I like this logo

I really like this a lot. I mean... with an ambiguously vague name like the Mighty, you can get away with pretty much anything. The only thing I would suggest is making it look heavier or something. Maybe add some depth to the M... make it look more steel like. I actually don't have a problem with the maple leaf myself, but it's up to you if you wanna leave it or cut it. Good work though!

I agree.. more visual interest and "imposing-ness" to the M would be good. Maybe enlarge it, and add some grey shadowing, accenting.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Bumpetty Bump Bump Bump!!!

The 2nd version of my logo prototype is made. I brought the orange back and made it a lot bolder and bright. I'm still not too happy with it.

mighty2.gif

This was the original:

mighty.gif

As always, I beg of your comments!

Personally, I would just outline the M in orange and make the maple leaf orange although this brings me to my biggest pet peeves in that Canadian teams always have to use the Maple Leaf in their logos for some reason.

The 'orange' version is too orange.

IUe6Hvh.png

It looks better with orange- great work! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I say go with the old color scheme and run with an industrial feel to this logo. Maybe bolts (not Charger-esque lightning bolts; nuts 'n' bolts). And shadowing.

As for the Maple Leaf, I don't think it's really doing anything accept taking up space.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I still like the first one best--maybe a pale green would liven it up a bit-I've never been a fan of orange & blue on a uni--and I like some teams that use that scheme.

If you like the idea of using a mighty critter--try it as the secondary logo...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i thought that the first logo you posted was by far the best...

but why is it named MIGHTY? i'd prefer the MIGHT a lot more :)

With a team name like Might, nothing would ever be a sure thing.

Even if they were up after time runs out, the headlines would still read

"Mississauga Might Win" or, conversely, "Mississauga Might Lose"

I know it can be used as a noun, but I don't know anyone who thinks of the noun use when they hear Mighty. Seriously? I think the iron/industrial (bolts, metallic) look could work, or else get a mascot. This logo is nice, but there's no substance. It looks like a nice wordmark.

Good luck with this, you've come a long way with this so far!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

It's really hard to explain why I called the team the "Mighty"

See, I have been involved with my Synagogue in Mississauga for years and years now. The name of the youth group has the acronym MITY (Mississauga Intrepid Temple Youth). My unbelievable experiences with everyone is something that I will forever hold in my heart. I thought that it would be appropriate to tribute my Mississauga ULL bid to MITY.

I bet you all think that it was just a stupid little youth group. None of you will understand how different MITY is to that. It was so much more special than that. We have had such a tight friendhip together throughout the years. They were the only ones who I could trust during my darkest days.

Our colours were Navy and Orange/Silver... I'm not changing the colour scheme, and I don't want to feature any animal of some sort. I just want a modern, but classic shield look to it.

Well here's the full name logo with my original logo's colours:

mighty5.gif

mighty4.gif

The orange stands out the best - Go Miss. MIGHTY. I hope you get into the ULL.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like the last two alot. So whichever you were to choose would be fine in my mind. Good work, they both look great. And clever name, I didn't like it till I heard the reasoning behind it so i guess it's cool.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived