Pro Combat Info Leaked (08/31/10)

jthubble

Boise States uniform tonight is disgusting. The "Grey" looks more like a pale blue with silver around it. it's too cluttered and just gross. VT's uniforms are pure beauties. Those things look absolutely fantastic.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just thought about something...didn't North Carolina, or somebody, "leak" a special Pro Combat set with pewter helmets and pants sometime back during the spring? Or are they not doing that now? Anybody know?

This helmet?

64534330.jpg

I remember reading somewhere not long ago, maybe Uni Watch Blog, that those were just prototypes. They decided against them.

Woah! Screw UNC, that helmet is far out, dude!

Also, I hope VT and Boise aren't playing each other in those uniforms. That's going to be an aesthetic nightmare played between two teams wearing colors that aren't their own.

ugliest college football game in history (from a uniform standpoint, that is)

if i didn't already know that vt and boise were playing, i wouldn't have had a clue who was playing when i turned on my tv

jldesigns404eo.png

This is why Nike does it... Numerous of my Facebook friends made a status about VaTech uniforms. They were all people I would never ever expect to care about uniform design. So, Nike is successful. Tech looked really badass tonight. Boise, eh. The uniforms didn't flow very well.

Same thing here. Nike got the people that don't care at all about what a team wears to notice that both teams were wearing special uniforms. And I'd say the majority of people liked both of them (especially Virginia Tech).

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

All FSU would need to do is:

• Replace those "feathers" on the shoulders with TV numbers on the shoulders or sleeves (Same with the white jerseys).
  • Throw in some gold pants with the same side design as the red ones.
  • Add their current helmet.
  • Take the black helmet and put that with the Unconquered all-black look.

Bam: New uniforms right there that would be modern, yet classy.

Frankly, if last night's Boise State-Virginia Tech tilt is an indication of the uniforms to come, "Pro Combat" is apparently just another way of saying "Looks Like Ass". Horrible... absolutely horrible.

So many of my OCD tendencies kicked in during this game. I wanted to reach into the TV and make the Boise State jersey symmetrical. To add to the pain, the back numbers were off-center. :wacko:

Am I the only one that loved the way the uniforms looked...from afar? Up close Boise's certainly could've been much better. And I thought Virginia Tech's were awesome even if they were BFBS. There were flaws but I personally loved the color matchup when watching for far away on TV.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Am I the only one that loved the way the uniforms looked...from afar? Up close Boise's certainly could've been much better. And I thought Virginia Tech's were awesome even if they were BFBS. There were flaws but I personally loved the color matchup when watching for far away on TV.

I agree with you 100%. I love VT's flat black helmet. And the white helmet and that silver/grayish UNC helmet that BMAC posted are awesome. I wish they would use those.

cmpunksigcopy.gif

This is why Nike does it... Numerous of my Facebook friends made a status about VaTech uniforms. They were all people I would never ever expect to care about uniform design. So, Nike is successful. Tech looked really badass tonight. Boise, eh. The uniforms didn't flow very well.

At school, I heard like 13 people saying, "Dude, Virginia Techs unis were SIIIIIIICK!" I hated them, especially the numbers, but these kinds of looks are ridiculously popular for people my age

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

If you look at Floridas collar patch, you will see that the pro combat photoshop crew made a mistake and put the miami logo there.

Florida.png

I also saw on some of the super high resolution pics that they made a similar mistake on Boise State's cleats. There is an Ohio State logo on their blue cleats.

2623arr.jpg

Archived