Buffalo Sabres New Uniform Leaked

ThePreacher

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised I am the first person to be posting this...

Well technically your not, it was posted in at least 1 or 2 other threads, but I guess your first to post an individual thread. But anyway, I like them, I didnt mind the Buffaslug, but I these are nice too.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I'm surprised I am the first person to be posting this...

Well technically your not, it was posted in at least 1 or 2 other threads, but I guess your first to post an individual thread. But anyway, I like them, I didnt mind the Buffaslug, but I these are nice too.

And that would explain why I couldn't find anything on this on pages 1, 2 or 3 of the Sports Logos forum...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Meh.

I have always wanted them to use the B with the sword logo for a third. I loved the double sword logo they had on their red thirds back in the day.

Oh well. At least they kept and applied the modernized jersey with the old crest. I really like the crest they are using now. The slug never bothered me that much, but this crest is far superior.

Of course I am always a proponent of teams moving foward in designs, and would rather have seen something new all together, but that's just me.

As for the alternate. Another script logo. Sweet. :rolleyes:

2ly2w09.jpg

Hey look at that royal blue and athletic gold that the Sabres "don't have the rights to."

The silver and navy are muddling and make it quite inferior to the originals on which they're modeled, and that's before taking the magic armpits into account. Royal blue/athletic gold is one of the most striking color combos around and yet virtually every team that had it is running scared from it: Rams, Brewers, and Sabres. It doesn't need to be modernized; it's timeless as is.

On the thirds, it doesn't make much sense to have entirely yellow striping on the sweater but an entirely white wordmark on the front. The swooshes and shrunken primary are redundant. I guess the script is okay otherwise, but I don't really understand why everyone was in throes of ecstasy over the stupid "bottle cap" logo from the pre-Sabres days.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey look at that royal blue and athletic gold that the Sabres "don't have the rights to."

The silver and navy are muddling and make it quite inferior to the originals on which they're modeled, and that's before taking the magic armpits into account. Royal blue/athletic gold is one of the most striking color combos around and yet virtually every team that had it is running scared from it: Rams, Brewers, and Sabres. It doesn't need to be modernized; it's timeless as is.

On the thirds, it doesn't make much sense to have entirely yellow striping on the sweater but an entirely white wordmark on the front. The swooshes and shrunken primary are redundant. I guess the script is okay otherwise, but I don't really understand why everyone was in throes of ecstasy over the stupid "bottle cap" logo from the pre-Sabres days.

The last thing the NHL needs is another jersey with script logo. They should have just brought in an original throwback, like the alternate they rushed out during the Slug's first season... On another note is anybody else surprised that it toke 4 full seasons to get rid of the Buffaslug? The Islanders Fisherman was gone after only two and IMO that logo wasn't nearly as bad.

These are ok, but there's a lot of faults with them. The Admiral spotted most of them. While I like the whole bottle cap idea behind the logo, the striping, though vintage just feels unoriginal and could have been done much better to make this uniform pop out. I feel like more white needs to be added to their striping. And the white uniform looks totally horrid. The silver has gotta go.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I agree 100% on the royal blue and yellow. It's a shame every team abandoned it. Royal and kelly green is also a great color scheme, and right now the Canucks are the only pro team using it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't get why virtually every team in Buffalo has to feature a buffalo.

35.gif

Just make the backdrop into a puck, slap on the wordmark and be done with it.

Reminds me of the old Pepsi wordmark.

71391285.gif

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

It's supposed to make you think of the old Pepsi script. It's a tribute to the old Buffalo Bisons Hockey team from the AHL mid 1950's. The guys who owned the local Pepsi bottling plant purchased the Buffalo Bisons hockey club from the Chicago Blackhawks and used a Pepsi Bottle Cap with "Buffalo" and "Hockey Club" written on the cap.

Here is a link if interested... Buffalo Bottle Cap Logo

To anyone outside the WNY area it probably looks like an idiotic, obvious sponsorship tie-in (back when US sports teams didn't normally do something like that), but locally those teams are held in pretty high esteem. We had some pretty good Coaches come through here with the Bisons, Don Cherry, Fred Shero to name a couple.

35.gif

I actually did a thread on this very point... It annoys the hell out of me too. That's why I love that old Pepsi cap Bisons logo. Yes, they named their team the "Bisons" (from the "Majors"), which is dumb - but at least they didn't use a Bison in the logo.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

35.gif

I actually did a thread on this very point... It annoys the hell out of me too. That's why I love that old Pepsi cap Bisons logo. Yes, they named their team the "Bisons" (from the "Majors"), which is dumb - but at least they didn't use a Bison in the logo.

As someone born an raised in Buffalo, it annoys me a little to hear people ask that question. I would guess that any City whose name is an Animal and is big enough to have professional sports franchises the normal default would be to utilize the animal the City is named after in the identity package. Unfortunately there aren't really any other Cities that fit this description to get a sampling from. I know there are tons of smaller towns with at least partial animal name like Beaverton, Deer Park, etc... but none with pro sports teams (major or minor league).

I also think that a big part of it is also that the anaimal in question is a Buffalo (or Bison), we're not talking an overused identity like a Lion, Cougar, Bobcat (Wildcat), etc... A Buffalo (or Bison) is a strong beautiful creature that most people would say is unique from most other animals.

Having said all this, we have had and do have teams that do not use a Bison....

Buffalo Braves used and Indian Them (feathers, head dress) after their first year in the NBA

Buffalo Stallions used well a Stallion of course

Buffalo Storm

Buffalo Blizzard

University of Buffalo Bulls use a Bull (it's not a Bison at least)

Buffalo State Bengals use a Bengal Tiger

35.gif

As someone born an raised in Buffalo, it annoys me a little to hear people ask that question. I would guess that any City whose name is an Animal and is big enough to have professional sports franchises the normal default would be to utilize the animal the City is named after in the identity package. Unfortunately there aren't really any other Cities that fit this description to get a sampling from. I know there are tons of smaller towns with at least partial animal name like Beaverton, Deer Park, etc... but none with pro sports teams (major or minor league).

I also think that a big part of it is also that the anaimal in question is a Buffalo (or Bison), we're not talking an overused identity like a Lion, Cougar, Bobcat (Wildcat), etc... A Buffalo (or Bison) is a strong beautiful creature that most people would say is unique from most other animals.

Having said all this, we have had and do have teams that do not use a Bison....

Buffalo Braves used and Indian Them (feathers, head dress) after their first year in the NBA

Buffalo Stallions used well a Stallion of course

Buffalo Storm

Buffalo Blizzard

University of Buffalo Bulls use a Bull (it's not a Bison at least)

Buffalo State Bengals use a Bengal Tiger

Well, let's think...

There's Los Angeles (which is actually an abbreviation of "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula [The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of the river of Porziuncola])", but obviously literally translates to "The Angels", so I suppose my favorite AL team is guilty of this. When AL baseball was brought to Los Angeles in 1961, our team was named "The Angels Angels" before becoming the "California Angels", "Anaheim Angels" and then back to "The Angels Angels of Anaheim."

So LA is guilty.

Then we have Phoenix. The Suns DO have a Phoenix on their secondary logo, so I suppose they're guilty. The Cards, Yotes and D-Backs not so much.

Beyond that, I don't think there are any other cities named after nouns (not including humans like Saint Francis of Assisi, Saint Diego, Saint Joseph, Saint Louis, etc.)

I mean, I get it. I suppose I just demand more creativity once it starts to feel excessive...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived