Buffalo Sabres New Uniform Leaked

ThePreacher

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that the logo is a complete pictogram (a buffalo and sabers). It could be the only one in sports. Can anyone else think of a team whose logo is a pictogram for the full team name including city?

Depending on whether you believe the meaning behind the shape of this logo (which I do), 346.gif.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

hsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gif

....?

Phoenix Basketballs?

Depending on whether you believe the meaning behind the shape of this logo (which I do), 346.gif.

If you didn't tell me it was based on the shape of the state, I wouldn't have thought of it, so it's close, but not the same.

It's a one of a kind logo.

bufg.png

If you didn't tell me it was based on the shape of the state, I wouldn't have thought of it, so it's close, but not the same.

Yes... the state of Carolina...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I like that the logo is a complete pictogram (a buffalo and sabers). It could be the only one in sports. Can anyone else think of a team whose logo is a pictogram for the full team name including city?

....?

The Phoenix Fire-ball PHXs!

The Devils and panthers logos don't work either.... You'd atleast need more then one panther (if you buy the state thing), and the devils NJ logo represents neither new jersey or multiple devils...

....?

The Phoenix Fire-ball PHXs!

The Devils and panthers logos don't work either.... You'd atleast need more then one panther (if you buy the state thing), and the devils NJ logo represents neither new jersey or multiple devils...

TBH, I could see how the PHX logo could be interpreted as having a Sun. I mean it's got an orange circle with yellow flames surrounding it circularly, I could see how that could be interpreted as a Sun, especially since the team IS called the Suns. We would have to ask the designers what their intention is.

But, as you mentioned, it fails the plurality test.

So, if it's really that much of an honor, I guess the Sabres are the only true team that follows the pictogram thing.

EDIT: How about this: 2890.gif

I mean, it does say Twins. But even if that were removed, I could see it as a pictogram for Minnesota Twins. And if a portion of a logo includes a pictogram that, without words, says the location and team name, I think that fits the criteria.

Duh...is that where the Carolina Panthers play? :rolleyes:

127-1.gif

No.

bufg.png

Duh...is that where the Carolina Panthers play? :rolleyes:

There is no state of Carolina. There are the states of North Carolina and South Carolina, however.

127-1.gif

No.

NJ= New Jersey.

Devil horns and tail= devils.

The St. Louis Rams have a similar shape to their logo, but that's just for aesthetic purposes, not geographic.

The St. Louis Rams have a similar shape to their logo, but that's just for aesthetic purposes, not geographic.

I don't want to sound like an :censored:, but what's your point? That St. Louis doesn't follow the pictogram thing? Or are you somehow using that to disprove the Carolina thing?

I know that's the popular Internet legend, but the logo doesn't really look all that much like North Carolina, and even less like the Carolinas together.

map_us.gif

Carolina%20Panthers%20logo.jpg

Seems to me that was a notion somebody tried to add on after the logo had already been approved - "Hey, don't you think...?" - rather than a deliberate design element.

I know that's the popular Internet legend, but the logo doesn't really look all that much like North Carolina, and even less like the Carolinas together.

map_us.gif

Carolina%20Panthers%20logo.jpg

Seems to me that was a notion somebody tried to add on after the logo had already been approved - "Hey, don't you think...?" - rather than a deliberate design element.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that. I mean it's not going to look exactly like the outline of the Carolinas. It's not meant to resemble an exact outline of the area like the 90's Texas Rangers logo, current Twins alternate, etc.

Aside from the fact that a lot of people do seem to believe its true, I think its too similar to the outline of the Carolinas to have just been a coincidence.

Never saw the similarity here, and I consider myself fairly perceptive.

I don't doubt your perceptiveness one bit... but I think it's because the shapes of NC and SC aren't exactly recognizable. I'd bet that if you showed an average member on this site the outline of either of those states (especially South Carolina) and asked them what it was, they wouldn't know.

I think it's sort of an "easter egg"... it's not really supposed to jump out at you but it's like a hidden meaning.

Here are some other examples of what I'm talking about

kqt7ckdfs8bzgryshc0ea95wo.gif

^"supposed" to resemble the shape of North Carolina

3079.gif

^"supposed" to be the overhead view of a piston

9hv4bkecugkhwoogsflfr39d9.gif

^I know a lot of people who couldn't see the dc in this.

The point is that a lot of time there are subtle things that don't get noticed right away or ever at all... when I see the FedEx logo, the arrow doesn't jump out at me or look that noticeable... but that doesn't mean its not there.

Archived