Which NHL Logos Would You Keep?

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago, Montreal, Boston, Detroit, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Calgary, Colorado, Carolina.

Logos I don't like but put on the list are Pittsburgh, Colorado, and Carolina, which are all simple and iconic.

Logos I like but resisted putting on the list - NY Rangers, NY Islanders, Dallas, Edmonton, New Jersey, Columbus, and Washington. All of these are great logos in my opinion, but some are dated and could use an update, especially the Rangers shield. I love Edmonton's logo, but it seems to scream 1970s, as does the Islanders. Columbus hasn't really settled on an identity, and while the current logo is great, I think there is still room for improvement. New Jersey has a decent iconic logo, and it was a tossup for me whether to include New Jersey or Pittsburgh. I went with Pittsburgh because the skating penguin logo is somewhat more recognizable, while the Devils logo strikes me as somewhat too simple. Washington is a good mix of old and new, but it's still a wordmark logo, and they may be the only team that can make it work, the wordmarks need to go.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I'm way too lazy to post the logos, but I'd keep the logos of...

• Los Angeles Kings
  • Minnesota Wild
  • New York Rangers
  • New York Islanders
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Calgary Flames
  • Habs
  • Maple Leafs
  • Atlanta Thrashers
  • Florida Panthers

- Kings: DISAGREE. They need to go back to their OLD crown logo (either of these work): 244.gif245.gif and keep the color palette. One of my buddies is a HUGE Kings fan but hates the forum blue and gold.. so maybe keep the OLD crown, with black and silver as the primary colors?

- Maple Leafs: DISAGREE. They need to go back to this: 201.gif End of story.

- Thrashers: DISAGREE. Are you kidding me? You think THIS is a legit logo!? 17.gif It's like a re-colored, side view of the Canes "Flusing Toilet" logo!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

MINOR TWEAKS ARE OK, BUT LEAVE THE GENERAL FOUNDATION OF THE LOGO THE SAME:

qehhihlyz2wnb2ocdh0l2mwv9.gif(Never change again)

64.gif(This is good enough to put in the above list, but I could only choose 10. A 90's logo that's an automatic classic and timeless)

t5r0cubpw97umhbtpzge.gif(pretty solid, but I'd like to see some sort of war theme in their primary)

scxsuiit824f8druiaf83mo3j.gif(go back to the old colors)

127.gif(almost untouchable status)

2xd2efir5fdew26px6kx.gif(just keep one identity for goodness sakes, but maybe put some green in there somehow)

174.gif(ditch the Vegas Gold)

oxahxcheae4mgu4wopqj9ydhy.gif(Very plain, but then again so are all of the Original Six logos. Solid overall, but I would be open to a color tweak)

Change this:199.gifto this:

201.gif

sig.png

So njmeadowlanders, have you recorded a running total of which 10 NHL Logos CCSLCers would keep?

If I weren't an accountant battling the Sept 15 corporate tax extension deadline I may have taken the time to compile such a list.

Ah, who am I kidding, of course I'd never do it, but I will say I'm surprised that some people are leaving out Montreal, Detroit, etc.

I would've expected more people to go with the "you know I hate the logo but I couldn't imagine an NHL where the Wings look like something out of Roller Hockey International" than actually did.

(Side note: Rockin' Rollers for life!)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm way too lazy to post the logos, but I'd keep the logos of...

• Los Angeles Kings
  • Minnesota Wild
  • New York Rangers
  • New York Islanders
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Calgary Flames
  • Habs
  • Maple Leafs
  • Atlanta Thrashers
  • Florida Panthers

- Kings: DISAGREE. They need to go back to their OLD crown logo (either of these work): 244.gif245.gif and keep the color palette. One of my buddies is a HUGE Kings fan but hates the forum blue and gold.. so maybe keep the OLD crown, with black and silver as the primary colors?

- Maple Leafs: DISAGREE. They need to go back to this: 201.gif End of story.

- Thrashers: DISAGREE. Are you kidding me? You think THIS is a legit logo!? 17.gif It's like a re-colored, side view of the Canes "Flusing Toilet" logo!

Amen on the 1960s-style Leafs. Nuf ced.

So njmeadowlanders, have you recorded a running total of which 10 NHL Logos CCSLCers would keep?

As of 1:27 PM (EST) on Wednesday, September 15th, the concensus "Top Ten" was comprised of:

Detroit Red Wings - 21 votes

Montreal Canadiens - 21 votes

Chicago Blackhawks - 18 votes

Boston Bruins - 17 votes

Minnesota Wild - 17 votes

St. Louis Blues - 17 votes

Calgary Flames - 15 votes

New Jersey Devils - 13 votes

New York Islanders - 12 votes

Philadelphia Flyers - 11 votes

Archived