Which NHL Logos Would You Keep?

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thrashers have, I think, the same problem the Coyotes had before they went to their current look. As in what colour team are the Thrashers? Are they a navy blue team? A powder blue team? A red/copper team?

• 3 months later...

logosm.jpg

Bruins

Perfect update of a classic. No need to tweek it ever again

Flames

Strange how such a little thing like a thin Black outline makes the difference between a good logo and a perfect logo. Needs the matching white logo.

Blackhawks

Anyone who says this logo is racist is an idiot. Classic.

Blue Jackets

Modern Classic.

Dallas Stars

Simple classy and has a Stanley Cup behind it. Never change this.

Red Wings

Arguably the best logo in Hockey.

Kings

This is not going to be a popular choice but I think this logo is actually really well done. Love the perfect symmetry and that colour scheme is so fresh and unique to the NHL. Like the hockey sticks on crown.

Wild

Another modern Classic. Just wish they would use it. Ditch the circular logo.

Canadiens

To hate this logo is to hate hockey. Never change.

Islanders

Only logo the Islanders should ever wear and this is coming from someone who loves the Fisherman jerseys.

Devils

One of the best designed logos ever.

Blues

See Above

The Thrashers have, I think, the same problem the Coyotes had before they went to their current look. As in what colour team are the Thrashers? Are they a navy blue team? A powder blue team? A red/copper team?

They are the cluster:censored: team. The only Franchise in NHL history to never have Home and Away jerseys that matched. From 1998-99 to 2005-06 their home and away jerseys used the same template but had different logos. Then in 2006-07 they finally made the logos match at the expense of uniformity when the powder Blue jersey was made the new Home. During the changover to Edge they had a golden opportuinity to finally fix this and instead they lazily shoehorned them onto the new jerseys making them look even worse. Then they added an alternate jersey that could give "Wildwing" a run for its money. They need a new idenity from scratch, nothing has worked.

So I was talking to a friend earlier today about logos & jerseys and stuff in hockey when he picked my brain with a juicy hypothetical:

There's 30 NHL teams. Let's say 20 of those 30 teams had to radically change their logo tomorrow. Which 10 would you leave unchanged?

So, which 10 do you keep?

144.gif

I don't know why you're using that particular NY Rangers logo since it isn't used as the logo that they wear on the front of the uniform.

They tried it before, it's didn't work for them so they reverted back to their RANGERS script logo. This was ages ago.

rangers_big.jpg

Before the SABRES came into the NHL with Vancouver in 1970, we were the Buffalo BISONS in the AHL, and we were owned by the Pepsi Cola Co.

This was our logo and home and away uniforms used during those final seasons in the late 60's, and I loved them.

1958_WHITE.jpg5975_2.JPGAuthentic-Jersey-For-Sale-2186462305311780190.jpg

As a SABRES fan I was glad when we switched finally, in '96.

However, that first switch wasn't so great ... the novelty wore off quick, and the initial logo change looked a bit like a goat. I don't consider our original logo untouchable, but using a goat or a slug was never gonna cut it.

I'd leave Montreal's alone ... It could be bad karma for anyone to tamper with their 'holy pajama' :grin:

I did like it a few seasons ago when the HABS were wearing different versions of their throwback, those were great!!

Toronto, I'd shelve that one in a minute to go back fulltime to using the 40s/50s version of the 'jagged' maple leaf.

201.gif

Chicago .... leave their logo pretty much alone but throw their retro one into the throwback design that they wore for their outdoor classic game. Nice jersey & look IMO!

Has anyone ever noticed their current logo of the 'Black Hawk' looks so very much like Washington's 'REDSKIN' logo?

CCMVintageChicago.jpgblackhawks-084.jpg

Those others I'd leave alone ....

I did like the RED WINGS Winter Classic jersey from their COUGAR days, but not enough to use exclusively in favor of the wheel. Be nice as an alternate 3rd set.

NHL%20Detroit%20Red%20Wings%2013%20Pavel%20Datsyuk%20Winter%20Classic%20White%20Jersey.jpg

St Louis ... definitely leave that logo alone along with the blue & yellow ...... Some idiot temporarily ruined them in the 90's by adding red into the color scheme, when Gretzky was there in the 90s.

Also ... You don't necessarily need both your logo and city on your uniform ..... like St Louis (alt) and Vancouver!!!

Boston ... I really liked the other 'B' that was used in their Winter Classic yellow jersey and worn in '48-'49 season, so theirs I don't consider to be totally non-tweak-able.

6515.gif

and finally, Vancouver .......... although you didn't list theirs, I always liked their original logo and colors, so the whale and 'C' need to go, along with the 'VANCOUVER' script logo. We all know they're from Vancouver.

I was very young little tot when the NHL expanded by adding SABRES & CANUCKS for '70-'71, and the NBA added the Buffalo BRAVES, Portland, and Cleveland that same season.

shane-obrien-vancouver-canucks.jpgVAN_display_image.jpg?1281913233

logosm.jpg

Canadiens

To hate this logo is to hate hockey. Never change.

The logo is a C and an H. It's nothing special. Certainly not top 5, maybe even not top 10 in the entire league.

Edit: The Canadiens logo is a top 10 primary, but it is still overrated.

144.gif

I don't know why you're using that particular NY Rangers logo since it isn't used as the logo that they wear on the front of the uniform.

They tried it before, it's didn't work for them so they reverted back to their RANGERS script logo. This was ages ago.

rangers_big.jpg

Yes, but that isn't their logo. It's a jersey script. Apples & Oranges...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yes, but that isn't their logo. It's a jersey script. Apples & Oranges...

rangers_big.jpg

All that counts and what seems to be discussed here is what the teams wears on the front of their jerseys (as that logo) ..... a jersey script can also be a teams logo, just as it is in the case of the NY RANGERS.

Archived