Which NHL Logos Would You Keep?

njmeadowlanders

So I was talking to a friend earlier today about logos & jerseys and stuff in hockey when he picked my brain with a juicy hypothetical:

There's 30 NHL teams. Let's say 20 of those 30 teams had to radically change their logo tomorrow. Which 10 would you leave unchanged?

So this could be your favorite team, a traditional logo, one that you just love, etc. Anything from "It's not that good a logo but the Habs in anything else would just look wrong" to "This is the best logo I think (my team) has ever had" and anything in between is fine.

So, which 10 do you keep?

I'd go with:

qehhihlyz2wnb2ocdh0l2mwv9.gif50.gif56.gif79.gifscxsuiit824f8druiaf83mo3j.gif124.gif127.gif144.gif187.gif199.gif

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, pretty much, this will turn into a my top 10 favorite NHL logos thread.

Well yeah, I could definitely see that happening. If you're strictly talking actual favorite logos though, only 3 of my 10 would be on my list.

I mean, the Canadiens logo sucks, but if they went with a radical overhaul, wouldn't that be awful?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

2xd2efir5fdew26px6kx.gifotfdygw11k2tlka0yvxk82xux.gif79.gif6o0923f1vuy9fr2fzpr0a4fz8.gif124.gif

venf9fmhgnsawnxxvehf.gif56.gif188.gifscxsuiit824f8druiaf83mo3j.gif64.gif

1: canucks. although the logo is not the best, the canucks should not change their uniforms for at LEAST 25 years.

2: flyers. you just can't change it. just ...no.

3: red wings. untouchable

4: islanders. only logo the isles should ever have.

5. canadiens. hate their team. hatre their fans. hate that logo but like the wings; i't would be a slap in the face to the NHL if they change it

6. bruins. perfect modernization of a classic logo.

7. blackhawks. untouchable

8. blues. untouchable.

9: oilers. timeless

10: avs. not the best but it's just one of those logos that you can't change

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

dmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gife37wejqwod0mrvegqcfh.gif127.gif2xd2efir5fdew26px6kx.gif105.gif

129.gift5r0cubpw97umhbtpzge.gif8lqmtthh0w2wgumr6goswqmki.gift5r0cubpw97umhbtpzge.gif94.gif

I did't include 2 logos I love, but the color change or lack there of, made me leave them out.

The Penguins using "vegas gold" instead of the traditional Pittsburgh colors, stinks.

And I liked the darker Islanders colors. I LOVE the Isles logo, but I prefered last years navy blue.

2ly2w09.jpg

venf9fmhgnsawnxxvehf.gif50.gif56.gif79.gife0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif94.gif124.gif127.gifotfdygw11k2tlka0yvxk82xux.gif187.gif

Honourable mention: San Jose Sharks

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

So, pretty much, this will turn into a my top 10 favorite NHL logos thread.

Not necessarily.

124-2.gif199-1.gif79.gifvenf9fmhgnsawnxxvehf.gif56.gif

144.gifqehhihlyz2wnb2ocdh0l2mwv9-1.gif187.gif127-1.gife0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah-1.gif

1) Montréal Canadiens; The Yankees' NY of hockey. You just don't change it.

2) Toronto Maple Leafs; The Original Six are here because this isn't my Top 10 Favourite Hockey Logos, it's my top ten logos to keep if the rest of the NHL had to radically redesign. I may not like the Ballard Leaf variation of the Leafs logo, but keeping it is better then a radical redesign that would probably feature graffiti like text and Leafs spelt Leafzzz.

3) Detroit Red Wings; A classic like the Habs mark.

4) Boston Bruins; Like the Leafs, I'm not a fan of the current version of this classic logo, but keeping it is better then a radical redesign that would probably feature some sort of cartoon bear.

5) Chicago Blackhawks; Another untouchable.

6) New York Rangers; The logo's nothing special, but when paired with the uniform it's a truly classic look.

7) Buffalo Sabres; I know some dislike the use of navy and silver in this revamp of the classic Sabres mark, but again this isn't a list of favourites, it's a list of logos worth preserving. We've already lost the crossed sabres and buffalo logo once. And if that experience proved anything it's that the Sabres don't do radical redesigns well.

8) St. Louis Blues; An often overlooked modern classic. The current version blends the class of the original with a modern touch. If only the uniforms were as nice.

9) New Jersey Devils; Another modern classic. Like the Sabres logo it spells out the team name without words. Doing that is surprisingly difficult to pull off. The Devils are committed to building their team on a foundation similar to the great classic franchises like the Montreal Canadiens, New York Yankees, and Boston Celtics. They certainly have it right when it comes to the logos and uniform.

10) Minnesota Wild; By far my favourite modern logo. The shape of the head, the way all the elements work in their duel roles, the whole thing's awesome if you ask me.

Archived