2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

Interesting article from the Vancouver Sun

Henrik Sedin and Joe Thornton don't understand why there was no suspension given to Chara... Makes you wonder if players will start talking to protect themselves.

Because in the past the NHL had a tradition of punishing the injury. This is wrong, and contrary to what some think, its actually a good thing that the league is looking at intent now.

I'm all for punishing intent, but sometimes you don't intend to do anything and :censored: still happens. We see it all the time in real life. A person talking on texting on their cellphone while driving their care and they hit a pedestrian or another car. There was no intent there. If they didnt hit anyone or cause an accident then nobody really cares. But they did hit someone and they have to pay the price for it.

I find this hit the same thing. There may have been no intent, and he was just finishing his check (I disagree but what I think doesn't matter) but the result left someone with a major comotion/concussion and fractured vertebrae. He may never get to play again, and the offender get no fine or punishment. I may have called for his head right after it happened, and that was based on pure emotion of losing one of my favourite teams top players, but surely he deserves a couple games as a suspension.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The number of games that Zdeno Chara is suspended doesn't make Pacioretty's spine any more intact. However, it sure could help in the event of a highly likely Boston-Montreal 3-6 matchup.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Interesting article from the Vancouver Sun

Henrik Sedin and Joe Thornton don't understand why there was no suspension given to Chara... Makes you wonder if players will start talking to protect themselves.

Because in the past the NHL had a tradition of punishing the injury. This is wrong, and contrary to what some think, its actually a good thing that the league is looking at intent now.

I'm all for punishing intent, but sometimes you don't intend to do anything and :censored: still happens. We see it all the time in real life. A person talking on texting on their cellphone while driving their care and they hit a pedestrian or another car. There was no intent there. If they didnt hit anyone or cause an accident then nobody really cares. But they did hit someone and they have to pay the price for it.

I find this hit the same thing. There may have been no intent, and he was just finishing his check (I disagree but what I think doesn't matter) but the result left someone with a major comotion/concussion and fractured vertebrae. He may never get to play again, and the offender get no fine or punishment. I may have called for his head right after it happened, and that was based on pure emotion of losing one of my favourite teams top players, but surely he deserves a couple games as a suspension.

Or Montreal could repair the obvious workplace hazard that they've known about for some time. Why don't you punish the guy who designed the boards.

And the car accident analogy is flawed because texting while driving is known to be dangerous and against the law.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bettman gets 5 years. No, I don't mean it that way.

So much for the Bettman is losing favor theory.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Or Montreal could repair the obvious workplace hazard that they've known about for some time.

Was this associated with their seamless glass system? I know Montreal is one of the last places using it, and was slated to replace it this summer.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wasn't a dirty hit.

how is it nit a dirty hit? Chara knew where he was on the ice, He has been in the league for 13 years and has been playing since god knows when. he knows the dimensions of the rink.

Because the dimensions of the rink and risks of what will happen to this guy if I check him near the bench are certainly running through my mind as I'm trying to chase a loose puck.

Chara was't chasing a loose puck, the puck was long gone by the time he started the hit

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

Wasn't a dirty hit.

how is it nit a dirty hit? Chara knew where he was on the ice, He has been in the league for 13 years and has been playing since god knows when. he knows the dimensions of the rink.

Because the dimensions of the rink and risks of what will happen to this guy if I check him near the bench are certainly running through my mind as I'm trying to chase a loose puck.

Chara was't chasing a loose puck, the puck was long gone by the time he started the hit

Long gone? Not quite. In

, Pacioretty touches that puck at the 0:02 second mark and is on the ground at the 0:04 mark.
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wasn't a dirty hit.

Long gone? Not quite. In

, Pacioretty touches that puck at the 0:02 second mark and is on the ground at the 0:04 mark.

Forget it, you are obviously not going to change your mind and its not worth getting worked up over.

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

Wasn't a dirty hit.

Long gone? Not quite. In

Forget it, you are obviously not going to change your mind and its not worth getting worked up over.

So, you'd like me to change my view to yours, even though I provided video evidence that basically debunked your idea?

what the hell is ccslc?

NHL network showing interesting show about expansion

More expansion for the NHL. No thanks. Not enough talent.

what the hell is ccslc?

NHL network showing interesting show about expansion

More expansion for the NHL. No thanks. Not enough talent.

It was a piece on the 1967 expansion, not expansion in the present day.

Also, fsjlljgtoiugebeyiaubfdbjkgfkj @ the Thrashers. Down 3-0 in Philly, they came back to win 5-4 (in OT because this team can't win in regulation). What. The. Hell.

Archived