Bucaneers Baseball Crossover

Gamingboy

It's florida, so I decided to spice some things up with some wet-land like font. Even though they're aren't many wetlands around tampa... but.... WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT!

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Well, it looks good...FOR 1976! :puke:

Where's the current red, black and pewter, hmmmm?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Where's the manners, hmmmm?

C'mon James, this isn't the first time you've jumped on a concept like this. Not everyone has been designing for as long as people like Nitro or SHB. It's not necessary to be ripping on every concept that isn't perfect.

If you don't have anything good or constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

On that note, I think you should stick to the colour scheme, Gamingboy... perhaps resize the template a little. Upsize the numbers and lettering to the normal baseball jersey size. Sometimes it's best to have images of current jerseys close at hand to compare proportions.

Also, most clubs just put their team name or city on the jersey, not the entire franchise designation. ^_^ It's okay, you'll learn, and get better. Everyone's got to start somewhere. Keep it up!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Sy, the color scheme should be the current one with pewter, red and black sans the color creamsicle circa 1976 and the gay swashbuckler, better known as Buccaneer Bruce. But that's neither now or the past.

Sy, the color scheme should be the current one with pewter, red and black sans the color creamsicle circa 1976 and the gay swashbuckler, better known as Buccaneer Bruce. But that's neither now or the past.

I know quite a few people who would take some exception to your gay comment right there, James, including a few on this board. You should be more careful of what you say. As for the colors, I actually am a big fan of the Bucs old color scheme. While it may not necessarily translate well to baseball, and certainly was associated with an extremely awful time period for the franchise, I still liked the uniforms of the old days.

Back on topic...prison uniform was my first thought, too. But then again, I've never had the balls to post my own baseball concepts (I'm not a big enough baseball fan to know what good jerseys look like) so all power to you. You'll get better and things will get easier. Don't let inconsiderate criticisms get you down.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

:puke:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

"Sy, the color scheme should be the current one with pewter, red and black sans the color creamsicle circa 1976 and the 'gay swashbuckler,' better known as Buccaneer Bruce.  But that's neither now or the past."

"I know quite a few people who would take some exception to your gay comment right there, James, including a few on this board. You should be more careful of what you say."

Hey, don't point fingers about "gayness" here. If anyone saw a NFL Films piece during one of the Monday Night pregame shows on ESPN some time back, which was titled "The Ballad of Buccaneer Bruce," one of the participants pointed out that some people felt that logo looked gay.

Hence, one of the first things the Glazers did was drop him from the logo mostly because a college and several high schools had used him as a logo on their helmets, and replace Bruce and the rest of the uniforms with their current look as they prepared to move to Raymond James Stadium from Tampa/Houlihan's Stadium.

Stop ripping on people, I haven't seen your concepts, what if we rip on them?

You can't just rip people on thier bad concepts. Why don't you try your own.

I do have Photoshop 2.0, and I will try to do one...but not right now.

In the meantime, here's a couple links to some sardonic comments (not mine) about "Buccaneer Bruce" that have called him, uh, well, I'm not going there.

Dave Emke's Blogspot

and

Phillyburbs.com Eagles-Buccaneers Top Ten (09/10/03)

Where's the manners, hmmmm?

C'mon James, this isn't the first time you've jumped on a concept like this. Not everyone has been designing for as long as people like Nitro or SHB. It's not necessary to be ripping on every concept that isn't perfect.

If you don't have anything good or constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

<_< I've also noticed this... and it's getting to the point where I'm going to start skipping over his posts when I read through threads.

Hey, Puking Jimmy... try posting some constructive criticism, and maybe even something positive once in awhile. I'd suggest trying to focus on contributing, not neccessarily designs - suggestions or ideas are fine - because your "critiques" are becoming predictable to the point of irrelevance.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Honestly, I don't like anything on this. I don't want to be unconstructive, but I think you need to go back to the drawing board on this.

The green doesn't even come close to matching the other colors on the jersey, the lettering on it is really strange and doesn't fit in with anything else, the placement of just about every color really makes me scratch my head.... Keep workin' at it, but yeah.... I really don't like it.

pssst... hey...

[looking around]

...anyone notice the emperor doesn't have any clothes?

(is his image not posted anymore?)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived