MLB All-Time Champions' League

Viper

As you may have noticed, I'm fast approaching the 2,000-post milestone here at CCSLC, and like some other denizens of these boards when they reach a post milestone, I have decided to make an event out of it.

A little background information first: Right now my three favorite pro sports to follow are NLL box lacrosse, NFL football and NHL hockey, but my first love among sports was baseball. One of the first PC games I ever owned was Earl Weaver Baseball, which featured quite a sophisticated league simulator. With the Twins having just won the '87 World Series I wanted to see how they stacked up against WS champions of the past, so I started setting up an all-time "Champions' League" on EWB. My goal was to gather the stats of every player from 24 different WS-winning teams (12 from each league, split into 6-team divisions) throughout MLB history, then pit them all against one another in a single MLB-style season, complete with LCS and a World Series, to decide who was the greatest team in MLB history.

Alas, for a variety of reasons I never was able to see that project all the way through. Then the baseball strike of '94 came and severely chilled my enthusiasm as a baseball fan for many years. But a couple of months ago I bought Out of the Park Baseball 11, an even more sophisticated baseball sim that comes with MLB teams from throughout history (through the 2009 season) already compiled, thus giving me the opportunity not only to resurrect my MLB ATCL but expand upon the concept to include more recent WS winners. I've actually had this in the works for a few weeks now, but until now my big sticking point has been selecting the specific teams to "invite" to the ATCL. I've finally settled on a formula for this, so the ATCL is now officially a go!

My gameplan (which may change depending on the specific report-generating capabilities of OOTP 11) is to post the league standings and key batting, pitching and fielding statistics at certain points during the ATCL regular season, then for the playoffs post box scores and maybe even the complete play-by-play logs (if so, they would probably have to be kept in text files stored externally and linked to here) for all All-Time LDS, LCS and WS games. If the timing works out, the ATCL will conclude, and the all-time MLB champion be revealed, in my 2,000th post.

The ATCL format will be as follows:

• Four four-team divisions per league from throughout MLB history, divided chronologically (i.e. the four oldest teams are in a division together, then the next-oldest four teams, etc.), for a grand total of 32 teams - all of them past World Series champions.
  • The specific teams "invited" to the ATCL will be revealed in a later post. The invitees were chosen such that every franchise that's ever won at least one WS is represented by its WS-winning team with the best regular-season record. Furthermore, every franchise that's won WS in more than one city gets multiple "automatic" berths, one for each city. [For example, the Braves franchise gets three "automatic" berths, one each for Boston (1914), Milwaukee (1957) and Atlanta (1995); while the Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins franchise gets two berths (1924 and 1991, respectively).]
  • After all the "automatic" berths were handed out, that left three "at-large" berths in the AL and two in the NL. These were filled by multiple WS-winning franchises, again based on their regular-season records, but with the added stipulation that WS-winning teams from the same franchise had to be at least 20 years apart. (For example, the Yankees' "automatic" berth went to their 1927 team, which effectively disqualified all their other WS-winning teams between 1908 and 1946 from getting "at-large" berths.) This 20-year rule was meant both to limit the number of at-large berths going to the same franchise, and to limit the occurrence of players competing against older/younger versions of themselves. However I did make an exception to the 20-year rule for the WWII-era teams (1942-45), since many "regular" MLB players were serving in the US Armed Forces during that time. (As it turns out, the only franchise affected by this for ATCL purposes is the St. Louis Cardinals.)
  • The AL will have the DH. This was another sticking point, since over half the AL teams in the ATCL field are from the pre-DH era. In the end I concluded that having pitchers bat would be more of a disadvantage to the DH-era teams than having the DH would be to the pre-DH teams. The DH also keeps pitchers from being exposed to injury while batting.
  • Regular-season scheduling will be divisionally weighted, with no interleague play.
  • Since there are four divisions per league, there is no need for "wild card" teams. Only the four division winners advance to the postseason.
  • All postseason rounds (ATLDS, ATLCS and ATWS) are best-of-seven series.

But crowning an all-time MLB champion through 2009 is just the beginning. After that I have an idea to remake the championship into a "belt" format. That is, whoever wins my initial ATCL would then defend its all-time championship like a title belt each November against the newly crowned World Series champion, in a simulated best-of-seven series. Mind you, I would have to obtain those stats from somewhere else (since they obviously weren't included with OOTP 11)... or compile them manually, as I did back in the day. :)

Anyway, keep watching this thread. The MLB All-Time Champions' League... it's the ultimate "Hunt for October".

CCSLC signature.png

And now, here are the 32 historical World Series championship teams competing in the MLB All-Time Champions' League:

ALL-TIME AMERICAN LEAGUE

ATAL Alpha

• 1912 Boston Red Sox (105-47): Fenway Park's inaugural season produced the BoSox' finest squad ever.
  • 1917 Chicago White Sox (100-54): The Palehose's most dominant squad ever, including most of the future Black Sox figures.
  • 1920 Cleveland Indians (98-56): Won the Series despite shortstop Ray Chapman's midseason beanball death.
  • 1924 Washington Senators (92-62): The only World Championship squad for either incarnation of the Sens.

ATAL Bravo

• 1927 New York Yankees (110-44): Ruth. Gehrig. Murderers' Row. 'Nuff said.
  • 1929 Philadelphia Athletics (104-46): How dominant were the A's in '29? They beat the BoSox one game by a score of 24-6.
  • 1948 Cleveland Indians (97-58, at-large): The franchise's last hurrah before decades of misfortune that continue to this day.
  • 1961 New York Yankees (109-53, at-large): The year Roger Maris set a record that has yet to be broken by an un-juiced hitter.

ATAL Charlie

• 1970 Baltimore Orioles (108-54): No Oriole led any AL hitting category that year. Their pitchers, on the other hand...
  • 1984 Detroit Tigers (104-58): Before Kirk Gibson and Jack Morris became World Series heroes for other ATCL teams, they were World Series heroes in the Motor City.
  • 1985 Kansas City Royals (91-71): I kid you not, the Kansas City Royals actually won a World Series one year.
  • 1989 Oakland Athletics (99-63): The only Series winners in their brief - and likely PED-fueled - AL dynasty of the late '80s.

ATAL Delta

• 1991 Minnesota Twins (95-67): Beat Atlanta in what many consider to be the greatest World Series in history.
  • 1992 Toronto Blue Jays (96-66): The first of two straight Series champion teams for what is still the only non-US-based team to win it all.
  • 1998 New York Yankees (114-48, at-large): No Yankees team had ever come close to the '27 team's level of dominance... until this one.
  • 2002 Anaheim Angels (99-63): The franchise's only Series winners, from back when it didn't have such a wishy-washy name.

ALL-TIME NATIONAL LEAGUE

ATNL Alpha

• 1905 New York Giants (105-48): Boycotted the 1904 Series, but returned to win this one.
  • 1907 Chicago Cubs (107-45): This was the Cubs' first World Series-winning squad. Their second was the following year. Still waiting on the third.
  • 1909 Pittsburgh Pirates (110-42): Believe it or not, the best single-season record for a World Series winner in MLB history was achieved by, of all franchises, the Pirates.
  • 1914 Boston Braves (94-59): Decades before Lake Placid, there was the original "Miracle" team.

ATNL Bravo

• 1919 Cincinnati Reds (96-44): The unwitting beneficiaries of the Black Sox shenanigans, this squad nonetheless had the best record among all Reds World Series championship teams.
  • 1931 St. Louis Cardinals (101-53, at-large): Upset the heavily-favored Philadelphia A's in seven games.
  • 1942 St. Louis Cardinals (106-48): The only WWII-era squad in the ATCL.
  • 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers (98-55): At least they finally managed to take one Series, and from the Yankees no less, before heading west.

ATNL Charlie

• 1957 Milwaukee Braves (95-59): Before Vince Lombardi came on the scene, these guys were the toast of Wisconsin.
  • 1975 Cincinnati Reds (108-54, at-large): The Big Red Machine.
  • 1986 New York Mets (108-54): Owe their spot in the ATCL to Bill Buckner.
  • 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers (94-67): Heavy underdogs to the A's, until Gibson's shocking Game 1-winning homer turned the '88 Series upside down.

ATNL Delta

• 1995 Atlanta Braves (90-54): I can't decide what's more improbable, that the Braves' NL dynasty of the 1990s produced only one Series champion...
  • 1997 Florida Marlins (92-70): ...or that the Marlins took just six years to build a second champion team after dismantling this, their first one.
  • 2001 Arizona Diamondbacks (92-70): Still hold the record for the fastest rise to a championship by an expansion team in any of the Big Four leagues.
  • 2008 Philadelphia Phillies (92-70): The most recent champions in the ATCL.

CCSLC signature.png

As a Dodger fan, I'm very disappointed to see you take the '88 Dodgers over the two better World Champion teams in '63 and '65. The '88 team doesn't even belong in the same breath as the two teams from the '60's. If I was to take any Los Angeles Dodger team that won a World Championship, I'd take the 1963 team. The '88 team just rode one hot pitcher in Hershiser. If it wasn't for Hershiser's amazing season, the Dodgers don't even make the playoffs. Trust me I watched him pitch in person and watched that team. It was the luckiest World Championship ever, and I'm a Dodger fan.

As a Dodger fan, I'm very disappointed to see you take the '88 Dodgers over the two better World Champion teams in '63 and '65. The '88 team doesn't even belong in the same breath as the two teams from the '60's. If I was to take any Los Angeles Dodger team that won a World Championship, I'd take the 1963 team. The '88 team just rode one hot pitcher in Hershiser. If it wasn't for Hershiser's amazing season, the Dodgers don't even make the playoffs. Trust me I watched him pitch in person and watched that team. It was the luckiest World Championship ever, and I'm a Dodger fan.

As a fellow Dodger fan, I completely agree. That 1963 team was phenominal, as was the 1955 team. Either one would have been my pick.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

[*]1957 Milwaukee Braves (95-59): Before Vince Lombardi came on the scene, these guys were the toast of Wisconsin.

One of the biggest culture shocks I had after leaving Wisconsin was realizing that the rest of the country doesn't remember guys like Warren Spahn and Eddie Robinson nearly as fondly... not even Atlanta (yet they get to fly the 1957 pennant :cursing: ).

As a fellow Dodger fan, I completely agree. That 1963 team was phenominal, as was the 1955 team. Either one would have been my pick.

The '55 team is in there (in the ATNL Bravo Division). The '63 and '65 teams were left out because of (1) the 20-year rule I mentioned in the original post, and (2) their slightly worse regular-season win %'s than the '55 Dodgers.

CCSLC signature.png

One more note about the ATCL: While it is set to occur in calendar year 2010, I have the leaguewide "strategy" settings (as they are called in OOTP, though they're really more like style-of-play settings) set to their presets for the year 1973. I chose 1973 as the "base" year for the ATCL because it was the first year for the DH in the AL, i.e. the closest year possible to the midpoint of MLB history with the DH still in place. Also I wanted to use an era where relief pitching was a significant part of the game, but where managers didn't burn through their relievers quite as quickly as they seem to do nowadays.

OK, my post count isn't getting any lower, so let's get this show on the road!

I started off by running the league through (roughly) the first half of the regular season, specifically through the 4th of July. For now I will just post the league standings through July 4, but if anyone is curious about player stats and such, it'll be easy enough to look up those reports and post them too.

As you're about to see, there are already some big surprises unfolding in the division races.

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

ALL-TIME CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE

Standings through July 4

All-Time American League

ATAL Alpha

Team W L PCT GB

-----------------------------------------------------------

Boston Red Sox 1912 51 28 .646 -

Cleveland Indians 1920 44 34 .564 6½

Washington Senators 1924 37 42 .468 14

Chicago White Sox 1917 26 53 .329 25

That Boston has opened up such a big lead so far is hardly an earth-shattering development, though I'm a bit surprised that the White Sox have struggled so much in the first half of the season. Has the "Curse of the Black Sox" bitten the 1917 squad retroactively?

ATAL Bravo

Team W L PCT GB

Philadelphia Athletics 1929 43 37 .537 -

New York Yankees 1961 39 39 .500 3

New York Yankees 1927 38 40 .487 4

Cleveland Indians 1948 32 48 .400 11

Here's part of what I meant by "big surprises". Indeed, I can't decide which is the bigger one: that the '61 Yankees are leading the mighty '27 squad, or that they're both trailing the '29 A's. Both incarnations of the Bronx Bombers are still well within striking distance of the Bravo lead, however.

ATAL Charlie

Team W L PCT GB

Baltimore Orioles 1970 47 32 .595 -

Kansas City Royals 1985 38 40 .487 8½

Detroit Tigers 1984 37 41 .474 9½

Oakland Athletics 1989 31 47 .397 15½

Another head-scratcher. That the O's are out front is no mystery, but I figured that at least the '84 Tigers would be right up there with them. Instead they are under .500 while Baltimore is running away with the division.

ATAL Delta

Team W L PCT GB

Toronto Blue Jays 1992 46 33 .582 -

Anaheim Angels 2002 44 35 .557 2

Minnesota Twins 1991 39 41 .487 7½

New York Yankees 1998 38 40 .487 7½

Perhaps the biggest shocker of all. I had the '98 Yanks pegged as odds-on favorites to win this division in a cakewalk. Instead they're tied for third with the '91 Twins, 7½ back of the last team I'd expected to be leading the ATAL Delta.

All-Time National League

ATNL Alpha

Team W L PCT GB

Chicago Cubs 1907 55 24 .696 -

New York Giants 1905 39 39 .500 15½

Pittsburgh Pirates 1909 38 41 .481 17

Boston Braves 1914 32 47 .405 23

Yes, believe it or not, there was once a time over a century ago when the word "juggernaut" could be used to accurately describe the Chicago Cubs. As you can see, not even the 1909 Pirates, they of the best regular-season record of any Series winner in history, have been any match for the Cubs of two years previous. As for the '14 Braves, well, they could use another miracle, and fast.

ATNL Bravo

Team W L PCT GB

St. Louis Cardinals 1942 45 35 .563 -

Cincinnati Reds 1919 38 40 .487 6

St. Louis Cardinals 1931 35 45 .438 10

Brooklyn Dodgers 1955 33 45 .423 11

The only WWII-era team in the ATCL (and thus, again, exempt from the 20-year rule) has opened up a commanding lead in this division.

ATNL Charlie

Team W L PCT GB

Cincinnati Reds 1975 45 33 .577 -

New York Mets 1986 43 36 .544 2½

Los Angeles Dodgers 1988 42 36 .538 3

Milwaukee Braves 1957 31 47 .397 14

The '57 Braves have been no match for their more recent division rivals, making Charlie a three-horse race.

ATNL Delta

Team W L PCT GB

Florida Marlins 1997 45 34 .570 -

Arizona Diamondbacks 2001 41 39 .512 4½

Atlanta Braves 1995 37 42 .468 8

Philadelphia Phillies 2008 31 47 .397 13½

The best part about the Marlins' first half? This time they're in no danger of being broken up in some fire sale.

CCSLC signature.png

This is really interest and fun to follow along. And it's nice to see Tinker, Evers, and Chance flying ahead to such a big lead in that division. It will only be fitting when the Cubs blow a 15.5 game 4th of July lead.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This reminds me of something online that was done a number of years ago. The '27 Yankees & '76 Reds were the final 2 teams standing, and I think the Reds led 3 games to 1, but the 27 Yankees came back to win 3 straight to become the greatest team of the 20th century. This was a computer simulation very similar to what you're doing now.

This is a very clever idea, and I look forward to seeing the standings toward the end.

How will the playoffs work? Will the 4 division winners in each league be "seeded" 1-4? Will round 1 be a best of 5 series or best of 7?

This reminds me of something online that was done a number of years ago. The '27 Yankees & '76 Reds were the final 2 teams standing, and I think the Reds led 3 games to 1, but the 27 Yankees came back to win 3 straight to become the greatest team of the 20th century. This was a computer simulation very similar to what you're doing now.

This is a very clever idea, and I look forward to seeing the standings toward the end.

How will the playoffs work? Will the 4 division winners in each league be "seeded" 1-4? Will round 1 be a best of 5 series or best of 7?

Sorry it took so long to respond; I wanted to let a bunch of posts accumulate and respond to them all at once to "conserve" posts, since I'm getting ever closer to 2,000.

Anyway, all postseason rounds are best-of-seven. (I always thought the real League Division Series should be best-of-seven.) OOTP 11 doesn't have a lot of low-level postseason configuration options, but with only the four division winners making the postseason I presume they will be seeded. That means if the playoffs started "now" the ATLDS matchups would be:

• 1929 Athletics vs. 1912 Red Sox (the latest - or is that earliest? - epic Philly vs. Boston matchup)
  • 1992 Blue Jays vs. 1970 Orioles (Battle of the Birds)
  • 1942 Cardinals vs. 1907 Cubs (the ultimate Cards-Cubs matchup?)
  • 1997 Marlins vs. 1975 Reds (Could the f'in Marlins actually win this thing!?)

So far the leading MVP candidates appear to be Jimmie Foxx of the '29 A's in the ATAL (among the Top 5 in most batting stats, including a whopping .417 average!), and Joe Morgan ('75 Reds) and Stan Musial ('42 Cards) neck-and-neck in the ATNL. No clear-cut Cy Young favorites in either league yet.

Anyway, my next standings "checkpoint" will be September 1. It will be interesting to see if any of these division races tighten up by then.

CCSLC signature.png

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

Standings through September 1

All-Time American League

ATAL Alpha

Team W L PCT GB

Boston Red Sox 1912 73 55 .570 - Magic #: 31

Cleveland Indians 1920 70 59 .543 3½

Washington Senators 1924 65 65 .500 9

Chicago White Sox 1917 44 85 .341 29½

Cleveland's making it interesting, and even the Sens aren't completely out of it yet. Still the BoSox' division to lose, though.

ATAL Bravo

Team W L PCT GB

New York Yankees 1927 72 57 .558 - Magic #: 28

Philadelphia Athletics 1929 66 63 .512 6

Cleveland Indians 1948 59 70 .457 13

New York Yankees 1961 57 72 .442 15

Alas, sanity has returned to the ATAL Bravo, at least for the time being. Ruth, Gehrig and company have come alive just as the A's have cooled way off.

ATAL Charlie

Team W L PCT GB

Baltimore Orioles 1970 72 56 .563 - Magic #: 23

Detroit Tigers 1984 60 68 .469 12

Kansas City Royals 1985 59 70 .457 13½

Oakland Athletics 1989 59 70 .457 13½

Well, the Tigers have moved up in the standings, but the Orioles still have Charlie in a stranglehold.

ATAL Delta

Team W L PCT GB

Anaheim Angels 2002 73 57 .562 - Magic #: 32

Minnesota Twins 1991 72 58 .554 1

Toronto Blue Jays 1992 67 62 .519 5½

New York Yankees 1998 64 65 .496 8½

The Angels have apparently found their rally monkey. Meanwhile the ATCL's biggest disappointments, the '98 Yanks, are still stuck in last, the Blue Jays have fallen back a ways... and my boys, the '91 Twins, are suddenly hot on Anaheim's heels!

All-Time National League

ATNL Alpha

Team W L PCT GB

Chicago Cubs 1907 90 38 .703 - Magic #: 18

Pittsburgh Pirates 1909 75 55 .577 16

Boston Braves 1914 54 75 .419 36½

New York Giants 1905 51 78 .395 39½

Where else can you be 20 games over .500 and 16 games out of first at the same time? Only in the MLB All-Time Champions' League.

ATNL Bravo

Team W L PCT GB

St. Louis Cardinals 1942 74 55 .574 - Magic #: 22

Cincinnati Reds 1919 62 67 .481 12

Brooklyn Dodgers 1955 58 71 .450 16

St. Louis Cardinals 1931 56 73 .434 18

Like the two Yankee teams in the ATAL Bravo, the two Cardinal teams are now bookending this division.

ATNL Charlie

Team W L PCT GB

Los Angeles Dodgers 1988 71 58 .550 - Magic #: 33

Cincinnati Reds 1975 69 59 .539 1½

New York Mets 1986 68 60 .531 2½

Milwaukee Braves 1957 52 77 .403 19

A few posts ago, some so-called Dodgers fan dissed the '88 squad. How's that lookin' now?
:P

ATNL Delta

Team W L PCT GB

Florida Marlins 1997 76 53 .589 - Magic #: 26

Atlanta Braves 1995 69 61 .531 7½

Arizona Diamondbacks 2001 61 69 .469 15½

Philadelphia Phillies 2008 46 83 .357 30

The Marlins are closing in on a chance to embark on perhaps their most improbable postseason run of all.

Speaking of the postseason, if it started now the matchups would be:

• 1927 Yankees vs. 1912 Red Sox

• 2002 Angels vs. 1970 Orioles

• 1988 Dodgers vs. 1907 Cubs

• 1942 Cardinals vs. 1997 Marlins

CCSLC signature.png

Well, the regular season is now complete, but not without some more wild twists and turns. Here's a (roughly) week-by-week summary of how the stretch drive turned out:

Sept. 1-12: No significant changes in any division race except the ATAL Delta, which is by far the most competitive. Only 6½ games now separate the first-place 1991 Twins from the last-place 1998 Yankees.

Sept. 13-19: The Twins have hit a wall, and are suddenly down to third in the division, 2 games behind behind the 2002 Angels and 1½ behind the second-place 1992 Blue Jays. Meanwhile in the ATNL Charlie, the 1975 Reds have made a move into first, but are just ½ game ahead of the 1988 Dodgers. No team has clinched yet, but the 1907 Cubs, 1942 Cardinals, 1970 Orioles and 1997 Marlins all have magic numbers of 5 or less.

Sept. 20-26: All four of those teams with magic numbers within 5 have now clinched, and the 1927 Yankees have clinched at least a tie for the ATAL Bravo title. The Blue Jays and Dodgers have reclaimed the leads in their respective divisions. Meanwhile the 1912 Red Sox, who have led the ATAL Alpha for virtually the entire regular season, are down to a two-game lead over the red-hot 1920 Indians.

Sept. 27 - Oct. 6: The Yankees, Blue Jays and Dodgers are in the postseason - and the BoSox and Indians finish in a flat-footed tie, forcing a one-game playoff.

Oct. 7: The 1920 Indians complete their improbable rally with a 9-2 shellacking of the 1912 Red Sox at Fenway Park, on 11 hits and four Boston errors. (Box score and game log still to come, as soon as I get them set up and loaded onto my Web space.)

So, with the regular season of the MLB All-Time Champions' League now in the books, here are the final standings and playoff matchups:

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

Final standings

All-Time American League

ATAL Alpha

Team W L PCT GB

Cleveland Indians 1920 91 72 .558 -

Boston Red Sox 1912 90 73 .552 1

Washington Senators 1924 84 78 .519 6½

Chicago White Sox 1917 56 106 .346 34½

ATAL Bravo

Team W L PCT GB

New York Yankees 1927 86 76 .531 -

Philadelphia Athletics 1929 79 83 .488 7

Cleveland Indians 1948 77 85 .475 9

New York Yankees 1961 75 87 .463 11

ATAL Charlie

Team W L PCT GB

Baltimore Orioles 1970 93 69 .574 -

Detroit Tigers 1984 78 84 .481 15

Kansas City Royals 1985 78 84 .481 15

Oakland Athletics 1989 69 93 .426 24

ATAL Delta

Team W L PCT GB

Toronto Blue Jays 1992 90 72 .556 -

Anaheim Angels 2002 88 74 .543 2

Minnesota Twins 1991 82 80 .506 8

New York Yankees 1998 81 81 .500 9

ATAL Division Series matchups
  • (3) Toronto Blue Jays 1992 vs. (2) Cleveland Indians 1920

• (4) New York Yankees 1927 vs. (1) Baltimore Orioles 1970

All-Time National League

ATNL Alpha

Team W L PCT GB

Chicago Cubs 1907 110 52 .679 -

Pittsburgh Pirates 1909 98 64 .605 12

Boston Braves 1914 72 90 .444 38

New York Giants 1905 55 107 .340 55

ATNL Bravo

Team W L PCT GB

St. Louis Cardinals 1942 90 72 .556 -

Cincinnati Reds 1919 81 81 .500 9

St. Louis Cardinals 1931 78 84 .481 12

Brooklyn Dodgers 1955 67 95 .414 23

ATNL Charlie

Team W L PCT GB

Los Angeles Dodgers 1988 89 73 .549 -

Cincinnati Reds 1975 88 74 .543 1

New York Mets 1986 86 76 .531 3

Milwaukee Braves 1957 66 96 .407 23

ATNL Delta

Team W L PCT GB

Florida Marlins 1997 100 62 .617 -

Atlanta Braves 1995 87 75 .537 13

Arizona Diamondbacks 2001 77 85 .475 23

Philadelphia Phillies 2008 52 110 .321 48

ATNL Division Series matchups
  • (3) St. Louis Cardinals 1942 vs. (2) Florida Marlins 1997

• (4) Los Angeles Dodgers 1988 vs. (1) Chicago Cubs 1907

CCSLC signature.png

Giving this a bump, as I will soon be starting the playoff simulations.

Also, I have created a Web site for the ATCL. It includes the final standings and statistical leaderboards for batting and pitching. Note that in order to keep the number of files down to a manageable level I did not include any individual player or team stats pages. So, if you click on a link to such a page and it's a dead link, now you know why.

You will also see that I have made a logo for the ATCL, based on the 125th Anniversary logo that the MLB made for its ill-fated 1994 "season".

Last, but not least, here's the box score from the Indians-Red Sox ATAL Alpha tiebreaker. Note that the box score page contains a link to the complete game log. This will be the case for all postseason games.

The next time I post here, the All-Time League Championship Series matchups will be set.

CCSLC signature.png

OK, here are the links to the Division Series results!

ATALDS: Toronto Blue Jays 1992 vs. Cleveland Indians 1920

ATALDS: New York Yankees 1927 vs. Baltimore Orioles 1970

All-Time American League Championship Series

New York Yankees 1927

vs.

Cleveland Indians 1920

ATNLDS: St. Louis Cardinals 1942 vs. Florida Marlins 1997

ATNLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers 1988 vs. Chicago Cubs 1907

All-Time National League Championship Series

Florida Marlins 1997

vs.

Chicago Cubs 1907

CCSLC signature.png

Nice stuff. Glad to see the '92 Jays rally to make the ALCS at least.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived