MLB Division Champions Logos

kaiserthegreat

Anyone know where we can find nicer versions of these Division Champions logos being used on all the winners main pages, i.e.:

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=phi

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cin

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=tb

Maybe it's not official, as the Giants don't seem to be using one at all and the Rangers and Twins are using a different style. But I like the above three, I think they look cool, so I was hoping there was an official version somewhere made for all six teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know if anyone else saw them but during the celebrations after winning their respective LDS' there were logos in the same format as the league specific Division champions logos. Saw them as rather interesting...

Here is a Phillies one for example way in the back...

philliesnldsloggs.jpg

I do not know if anyone else saw them but during the celebrations after winning their respective LDS' there were logos in the same format as the league specific Division champions logos. Saw them as rather interesting...

Here is a Phillies one for example way in the back...

philliesnldsloggs.jpg

champagne sold separately!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

NLDS Champions? STOP! There's no such thing!

They won a first-round series. They are champions of nothing. In fact, there shouldn't even be champagne in the clubhouses after these series wins. Save it for when you win a title -- your division (or clinching the wild card, I get that), the league and then the World Series.

(Side note: That's about as close as the Nationals will get to champagne for quite a while)

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

NLDS Champions? STOP! There's no such thing!

They won a first-round series. They are champions of nothing. In fact, there shouldn't even be champagne in the clubhouses after these series wins. Save it for when you win a title -- your division (or clinching the wild card, I get that), the league and then the World Series.

(Side note: That's about as close as the Nationals will get to champagne for quite a while)

+1

you cannot be champions of the division series or a wild card champion. those do not constitute "championships." "winners" is the better term to use here. i'm fine with the champagne to advance, but i saw the same logo and double a triple take. very weak by MLB.

while we're on the subject, does anyone know if any teams use "wild card champions" on their wall banners? i know the astros used to, but i'm not sure if they altered it. i remember gary cohen (mets play-by-play announcer) taking the 'stros to task on it during a broadcast a few years back. but do any other teams use "wild card champions"? i know, for contrast, the mets use 1999 wild card and NLDS winners for their banner to commemorate the '99 season.

sig2024.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Rockies were the first ones guilty of calling themselves "Wild Card Champions" -- I saw a pennant painted on the outfield wall the next season.

Yep. And I believe the Rocks took it down a decade later after being told the sign was RIDICULOUS.

The Astros are guilty of this as well, on two fronts!...

8519018-16.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Sort of related to the topic, but I didn't know where to post this.

Tim Lincecum has the World Series patch applied to his cap, the one he's worn his whole career. The cap itself looks gross, but now with the patch I just feel sorry for him.

slightly off topic, but it's all good. don't think lincecum is the first to do so, though. just off the top of my head, i'm fairly certain joba did the same thing last year, among a few other players over the years who have the good luck cap superstition.

sig2024.png

Sort of related to the topic, but I didn't know where to post this.

Tim Lincecum has the World Series patch applied to his cap, the one he's worn his whole career. The cap itself looks gross, but now with the patch I just feel sorry for him.

slightly off topic, but it's all good. don't think lincecum is the first to do so, though. just off the top of my head, i'm fairly certain joba did the same thing last year, among a few other players over the years who have the good luck cap superstition.

I believe Trot Nixon did it in 2004 as well

Archived