Random Football Concepts

TalktoChuck

I've had some spare time on my hands recently and have done a couple football concepts. I'll continue to some during my spare time and post them here. (Click the helmet to see the concept, or just scroll down) Also, if you have any request for teams to do let me know.

AF.gifHAW.gif IU.gifNC.gif VandyH.gifVIR.gif

BillsH.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

I'd make a navy blue alternate.

I wouldn't, there is barely any navy in that color scheme, and look at what TalktoChuck says he wants to do here:

I've had some spare time on my hands recently and have done a couple football concepts. I'll continue to some during my spare time and post them here.

First up is North Carolina. There were two things I wanted to do with North Carolina; 1. Minimize Navy as much as possible. And 2. Add some argyle. However, I didn't want the argyle to be too overdone, so I kept strictly to the pant stripes.

As always C&C welcome.

Right now, it's amazing. Huge upgrade from their current set, love the pant striping.

25yzwqg.png

For the Heels, I'd love to see you play around with some subliminal argyle in the jersey somewhere, but otherwise, the only real change would be that the Tar Heels script kind of gets lost there... how about another NC on the collar instead?

Don't love UVA. The helmet stripe is the worst part of the identity here, and so I'd much rather see something else be the focus... and some two-color numbers would be nice too.

Definitely liking the AF concept, very sharp! I wish they'd check out this thread.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love those Iowa uniforms. The only change I would make is to change the yellow stripe to black on the road jersey, so it matches the way the home looks. Yeah, I know it would leave the jersey without any yellow, but I don't care about merchandising and being able to recognize fans wearing only jerseys. On the field, which is what counts to me, it would look great. Part of the reason is that there's so much yellow in the rest of the uniform, I think the road needs more black.

I don't dig the Cardinals' numerals on the UNC concept, but otherwise, it looks really nice.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love those Iowa uniforms. The only change I would make is to change the yellow stripe to black on the road jersey, so it matches the way the home looks. Yeah, I know it would leave the jersey without any yellow, but I don't care about merchandising and being able to recognize fans wearing only jerseys. On the field, which is what counts to me, it would look great. Part of the reason is that there's so much yellow in the rest of the uniform, I think the road needs more black.

I don't dig the Cardinals' numerals on the UNC concept, but otherwise, it looks really nice.

I thought about leaving the sleeve stripes on the away all black, and I like it better that way. But it does look kind of weird that the helmet and pants have tons of yellow and then the jersey doesn't have any at all. I may go back and switch, I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks.

jNTsTyQ.png

I thought about leaving the sleeve stripes on the away all black, and I like it better that way. But it does look kind of weird that the helmet and pants have tons of yellow and then the jersey doesn't have any at all. I may go back and switch, I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks.

I love the Hawkeyes concept, and I thought the addition of the yellow in the sleeve striping really helped. That yellow stripe, plus the contemporary logo on the helmet, as opposed to the players numbers on the throwback helmet, added a nice touch of modern to an otherwise more traditional look.

Syracuse could actually take a few lessons from the way you updated the Iowa look.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I think Iowa looks great and that the white uniform should have yellow somewhere (maybe as number outlines, which does not really solve the mis-match problem). The best way to solve the mismatch problem would be to use white on the home jersey, but I hope you don't. I love it with no white.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The best way to solve the mismatch problem would be to use white on the home jersey, but I hope you don't. I love it with no white.

Yeah, I wanted to stay away from using white on the home jersey. And I wanted to stay as close as possible to the 1958-59 uniforms that I used for inspiration.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived