Minnesota Twins, again

Lights Out

mintwinscap-1.pngmintwinscap-2.png

mintwins-1.png

mintwins-2.png

mintwins-3.png

I've been sitting on this concept for a while, trying to perfect it, and now I'm ready for a critique. I originally had this concept in Vikings colors but kevinmets beat me to the punch, so instead, I have it in Timberwolves colors, which I think also creates a distinctive look. I switched over to the vest look for the regular home and road and limited the Twins to one alternate. I updated the cap logo. And, most noticeably, I created a new road script from scratch that actually attempts to match the home script. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I always thought the Wild's colors would look great for the Twins, especially with their move to the outdoors. This color scheme is way too strong. I like the TC logo, but I think it should be interlocked just like the current logo, any other way just looks messed up to me. The road wordmark is incredibly weak. The strokes are all different thicknesses and I can make out the two different fonts used. Finally, the dropshadows don't seem to fit here. As well as the vests.

But you've presented some new ideas and I can appreciate that. Good job.

Very nice, I love blue & green together. Maybe make more of a contrast between the two shades of blue? Even if its not exactly T-Wolves colors.

I would also like to see your take on the Twins in Vikings colors. Your designs have been awesome so far, keep up the good work!

Thanks!

?I tried the Wild's color scheme as well, but I don't think it's strong enough for a baseball uniform. I also think their shades of red and green clash horribly - they're damn near headache-inducing, and I think that's one of the biggest problems with the Wild's identity. Plus, I already gave the Red Sox a red-and-green color scheme and I'm trying to avoid repeating the same color schemes in my MLB concepts.

?The road script isn't perfect, I know, but it's the absolute best I can do in Photoshop and drawing it from scratch is out of the question because I suck at drawing. I did use a different font for some of the letters but Georgia is the closest one I have to the actual Twins script.

?I'm thinking about ditching the vests and the road pinstripes in my next update.

xLmjWVv.png

1. The logo is awesome. But, it needs to have more green in there or something so it doesn't just blend in with the rest of the cap. Maybe a green T and blue C outlined in white?

2. More green in the entire jersey concept would be nice. You have it as an accent, but I preferred as the secondary color for the T'Wolves. Maybe the

3. I'm not a fan of pinstripes, but that's just me.

I dunno, LO, I'm just not really feeling this. The logo joining feels awkward. The hat seems like it would b e impossible to read from across the room, much less in a stadium, on Television... there's just not enough contrast for the outline, with the blue-on-blue...on-blue. Similarly, the lack of contrast here doesn't seem to get better on the jerseys. It's kind of a blobby mess in large. I also don't see the Timberwolves influence, although it might be my monitor, I see far more the Seahawks. If you want to take inspiration from the T-Wolves, why not go with a darker green and royal blue, ala their original uniforms? I've always thought it would look great for the Twins.

Is that the Toronto "T" and the Cincinatti "C"?

The "T" is taken directly from the Twins script. The C is the same wishbone C that both teams use.

The hat seems like it would b e impossible to read from across the room, much less in a stadium, on Television... there's just not enough contrast for the outline, with the blue-on-blue...on-blue.

In my update, I'm going to change the "T" to green to create more contrast, so hopefully that will improve the hats.

I also don't see the Timberwolves influence, although it might be my monitor, I see far more the Seahawks.

I took the colors directly from this logo but they may have gotten lighter in the transition to Photoshop.

xLmjWVv.png

I also don't see the Timberwolves influence, although it might be my monitor, I see far more the Seahawks.

I took the colors directly from this logo but they may have gotten lighter in the transition to Photoshop.

So if you got the colors from that logo than maybe there should be more white in the logo. Hey, maybe that would solve the contrast problem.

25yzwqg.png

So if you got the colors from that logo than maybe there should be more white in the logo. Hey, maybe that would solve the contrast problem.

The problem is the Wolves main color and the color in the logo are black, but your Twins concept is navy.

I see where you are going with the road script and that hat logo...more font uniformity. I'll say that I like it and if I was not a twins fan, I'd be for it. As Twins fan, it's kinda weird, but I think I'd grow to like it, so thumbs up from me.

As a Twins fan, however, I would never get used to this color scheme. It's red and blue or bust.

Trying to put my unwillingness to change aside, I'd say the two blues with the green is too much. I'd either only use the two blues or I'd use the dark blue and green. And I'd darken up the green. That, in a vacuum (i.e., forgetting what the colors always must be), would look solid.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived