2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Watched the entire game, the Hawks were in control for most of that game, yet I had absolutely no faith in them winning. I knew the Jazz were going to make a comeback, it was just a matter of when. Didn't think that their bench would just completely punk out the Hawks' starters, though. Wow.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Love had 31 points, 31 rebounds. Granted, it was against the Knicks, but still...

I will fight you if you disagree with him being an All-Star.

This is also the guy who has been fighting for minutes. Kurt Rambis has been playing him like 25 minutes per game. I guess this is a good way to get more playing time

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Kevin Love had 31 points, 31 rebounds. Granted, it was against the Knicks, but still...

This is also the guy who has been fighting for minutes. Kurt Rambis has been playing him like 25 minutes per game. I guess this is a good way to get more playing time

Exactly! Who gives an All-Star caliber player 25-29 minutes a game?!

Exactly! Who gives an All-Star caliber player 25-29 minutes a game?!

This is the first positive T-Wolves moment since 2004. All Star? No. Not if he's on the T-Wolves, who'll have about 7 wins by the All-Star Break. Of course, now they'll probably trade him to a good team for what will end up being like a 23rd pick...Then Love can be an all-star.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well, Vinny better pull another playoff run out of his ass this year, or the Clippers will look like morons for not hiring Dwayne Casey (who I was hoping they'd hire). Of course, to do that, we need to make a trade by the deadline.

Having Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah would help. But he's stuck with Baron McFatty Davis and Chris "Elite/All-star/best center in the NBA" Kaman

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

...who are both way too comfortable with losing, are sucking, and need to be traded before they can screw up team chemistry even further.

That folks, is a one-line history of the Buffalo Braves/San Diego/Los Angeles Clippers.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Kaman would have a pretty decent market. Baron does not, especially with that news coming out about how he's overweight and basically been a healthy scratch when Gordon & Bledsoe are healthy. The only place I could see Baron going would be Minnesota, because David Kahn is crazy.

That folks, is a one-line history of the Buffalo Braves/San Diego/Los Angeles Clippers.

And as an encore, here's my one-line history of the Lakers:

Paying off the refs, buying all the best free agents, and distancing themselves from another post-championship riot by their belligerent fans.

- Paying off refs? Whatever man. Every team gets questionable calls. It's the NBA. Where that :censored: happens.

- Buying all the best free agents? That's why LeBron is at power forward, and they're working on Carmelo next season :rolleyes:

- Riots by the belligerent fans. Yeah, by the small amount of belligerent fans. That small amount might do the same should the four horsemen arrive and give the Clippers a title. I'd rather have small amounts of Championship rioting, then well, nothing at all.

No team other than the Lakers (or possibly the Celtics) would have gotten the level of referee love that the Lakers got in the '02 Western Conference Finals vs. the Kings. That was the most crooked, biased, one-sided officiating I have ever seen, and it was all to get the Lakers back into the Finals for ratings purposes. Also, the Clippers almost never get calls. If someone went through and counted, the ratio of bad calls going the Clippers' way to bad calls screwing over the Clippers would undoubtedly be way in the direction of screwing over the Clippers.

Free agents - does Shaq ring a bell? He got a monster contract from the Lakers. Essentially, they bought themselves the three-peat with that signing. And if the Lakers could have made it work under the cap, LeBron would be a Laker right now.

Rioting? Well, I'd like to think Clippers fans are classier than that. But the Clips need to win one before I'm proven right or wrong.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No team other than the Lakers (or possibly the Celtics) would have gotten the level of referee love that the Lakers got in the '02 Western Conference Finals vs. the Kings. That was the most crooked, biased, one-sided officiating I have ever seen, and it was all to get the Lakers back into the Finals for ratings purposes. Also, the Clippers almost never get calls. If someone went through and counted, the ratio of bad calls going the Clippers' way to bad calls screwing over the Clippers would undoubtedly be way in the direction of screwing over the Clippers.

Free agents - does Shaq ring a bell? He got a monster contract from the Lakers. Essentially, they bought themselves the three-peat with that signing. And if the Lakers could have made it work under the cap, LeBron would be a Laker right now.

wat

First off, it's not like the Lakers said, "Hey NBA, if you wanna have a good finals series, put us in!!!" If you wanna blame anybody for that, blame the small pocket of refs that were crooked and maybe blame David Stern if you're into conspiracies.

Secondly, you say that like as soon as the Lakers got Shaq, they immediately began to win titles. They signed Shaq in time for 96-97, and the Hornets stupidly traded the rights to Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac. Even with those two, the Lakers didn't win a title until 99-00. I didn't know it took four years to buy a championship, that Shaq signing really paid immediate dividends!!! :P

I mean, the one time the Lakers actually tried to buy a championship by adding Malone & Payton (old, but still good), they got bitchslapped by the Pistons in the Finals, 2 years removed from the three-peat. So yeah, terrible post all around.

Rioting? Well, I'd like to think Clippers fans are classier than that. But the Clips need to win one before I'm proven right or wrong.

I don't know why I keep responding to you.

- Okay one series. And a very tight series, the final four games being decided in the final minutes, and Game 7 was in OT. If it was so grossly one-sided, the Lakers would have won earlier. It was an extremely tight series, and so the calls got a little more magnified. And if the NBA was in it for ratings, they would have rigged the other 2002 Conference Final to get the Celtics back in it to play the Lakers, not for the 4-0 drubbing of the Nets. And the calls against the Clippers look that way to you because you are an unabashed homer. Hell, the Lakers look like they get screwed a lot to me too, but that's because of the colored glasses each fan wears.

- Again, one example? Shaq? And they didn't buy the 3-peat. Like TFoA said, it took 4 years for the Lakers to win their first. And even then it wasn't easy. They had tight series against the Blazers, and the Spurs, and the Kings. They still had to work for those championships. Look at this year's Miami Heat. People expected that they bought themselves a 70 win season, but the problem is you need a full complimentary team. Besides Kobe and Shaq, look at Derek Fisher, Nick Van Exel, Rick Fox, Mark Madsen, Ron Harper, AC Green, Robert Horry. Buying all the best free agents? Buying a 3-peat? Give me a break. There still had to be a team, and they still had to work together as a team. Look at the 2004 Lakers. They went and got Payton and Malone, then got demolished in the Finals by a better Pistons TEAM. It doesn't work in basketball. All-Star teams don't do it most of the time.

- And you'd like to think that, but again, you don't even live in the LA fan base. It's how the fans are. Lakers win? It happens. Dodgers win? It happens. USC wins? It happens. Raiders won? It happened. If the Kings or Clippers win? It'll happen. It's the downtown LA sports culture. But then again, with the Clippers, we'll probably never know.

Archived